IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
There are 4,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 87.
#2801 4 years ago

The prototype Tiger saw motor control of the rev. 1.4H ROM has now been added to the 1.3X mod. So, the motor will now run on game with the original security chip. Enjoy.

See this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-theatre-of-magic-software-mod-version-2#post-5070060

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The prototype Tiger saw motor control of the rev. 1.4H ROM has now been added to the 1.3X mod. So, the motor will now run on game with the original security chip. Enjoy.
See this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-theatre-of-magic-software-mod-version-2#post-5070060

Tested on my ToM pretty extensively, no issues. I see no reason for running 1.3 or 1.4H at this point, as this code gives me everything I want. YMMV.

I've also got Ingo's boards and tried with/without. Everything works fine, so in theory, you shouldn't need to make any hardware changes for this to work. Also it does require the 1.3-based U22 security chip, so if you're on 1.4H, keep that in mind.

#2803 4 years ago

Tested paint on lockbar. First two coats of etching primer, sanded with 1000. Several coats of this metallic bronze. I think I am going to "dust" it with some gold flake paint to give it a bit more sheen but overall very happy. I was going for more of a "Houdini" look versus bright gold. I have like 10 cans of various gold flake paints here now, lol. After I get it where I want it, going to paint side rails, legs and maybe head hinges. Then coat in semi-gloss SprayMax 2X with several thick coats. Should be bulletproof.

It does look a bit more gold in person.

Considering if I bother with the habit trails. I think I might do them in a brighter gold and gloss auto clear and see how that holds up. Could always strip them and PC if I wanted but honestly, my WOZ RR powder coat isn't holding up that great.

0630191556 (resized).jpg0630191556 (resized).jpg0630191556a (resized).jpg0630191556a (resized).jpg0630191556b (resized).jpg0630191556b (resized).jpg
#2804 4 years ago

Well, that was quicker than expected. The SprayMax primer sets like instantly, lol.

Some of the options (3rd from left was first coat on lockbar and far right was the dusting)
0701191946a (resized).jpg0701191946a (resized).jpg

Dusted with gold (getting a bit dark out)
0701191946b (resized).jpg0701191946b (resized).jpg
0701191947 (resized).jpg0701191947 (resized).jpg

Primed and painted with gold (3rd from right)
0701191959 (resized).jpg0701191959 (resized).jpg

#2805 4 years ago

Hello, does anyone know where the tiger saw motor hookup is? The plug for the motor and mirror lights came off the board. I bought these mods already installed. Now I’m not sure where they plug into. Here’s a picture of the two plugs. Thank you for your help.

FE49E753-676D-4822-ABCA-C3B1F1227E83 (resized).jpegFE49E753-676D-4822-ABCA-C3B1F1227E83 (resized).jpeg
#2806 4 years ago

Just added this neat little clock

clock 1 (resized).JPGclock 1 (resized).JPGclock 2 (resized).JPGclock 2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2807 4 years ago

I need a new plastic for the right wireform ramp to avoid air balls. Does anyone have one or know the part number?

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I need a new plastic for the right wireform ramp to avoid air balls. Does anyone have one or know the part number?

Bump

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Pic? My game is apart.

I’ll attach it but it’s the plastic that goes on the wireform that is crescent shaped

https://imgur.com/a/VD4a8Yj

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’ll attach it but it’s the plastic that goes on the wireform that is crescent shaped
https://imgur.com/a/VD4a8Yj

Oh, that goes above the captive ball, right?

Nope, you can't get that one outside of a kit as far as I can tell. That was one I needed and I ended up just getting the whole set because it wasn't available. The thing is that I also couldn't find part numbers for the items nor reliably used on sites. Some use "1" and "2" for the plastic numbers. It seems like it wasn't so popular back then to worry about it.

Might be an option for you. Are you looking for brand new? I also have a used one if you just need anything that works.
ebay.com link: i

#2812 4 years ago

Oh, that goes above the captive ball, right?
Nope, you can't get that one outside of a kit as far as I can tell. That was one I needed and I ended up just getting the whole set because it wasn't available. The thing is that I also couldn't find part numbers for the items nor reliably used on sites. Some use "1" and "2" for the plastic numbers. It seems like it wasn't so popular back then to worry about it.
Might be an option for you. Are you looking for brand new? I also have a used one if you just need anything that works.
ebay.com link

I think he is talking about the right ramp, (Metamorphosis / Spirit Ring) not the left side of the playfield. The plastic you are looking for I have not been able to find and it does not come in the plastic set that I bought from eBay so I had to make my own. My old one started just after the metal ramp flap and covered half of the ramp all the way to the switch on the one way gate. yes it is a crescent moon or hot dog shape.

** EDIT ** Sorry I could not get the picture to load at first .... so that is not the plastic I thought he was talking about .... the one he circled in his photo is the plastic that goes in the very back right hand of the machine where the left orbit shot (Vanish shot) goes past the pops and travels to the wire ramp that come back to the right inlane / flipper .... mine was broken beyond repair and the plastics set I got had that one .

#2813 4 years ago

Yeah, sorry, didn't post an update. I didn't have my machine so I was thinking this was the captive ball plastic (the rounded front got me) but yeah, I realize that captive one is much larger, has the smoke clouds on it and is even harder to come by because they are always broken. You were right, the back right one and I happened to have two extra so he's set.

#2814 4 years ago

Yeah, sorry, didn't post an update. I didn't have my machine so I was thinking this was the captive ball plastic (the rounded front got me) but yeah, I realize that captive one is much larger, has the smoke clouds on it and is even harder to come by because they are always broken. You were right, the back right one and I happened to have two extra so he's set.

This dudes a legend!!! ^

Thank you!

#2815 4 years ago

Anyone done the rad cals? I am wondering if they will look out of place given the original finish of the vinyl decals. I have the side rails off now anyhow so I could just do the vinyl, it's cheaper. I wonder what the minimal prep is that has to be done, does it have to go back to bare wood?

#2816 4 years ago

Anyone done the rad cals? I am wondering if they will look out of place given the original finish of the vinyl decals. I have the side rails off now anyhow so I could just do the vinyl, it's cheaper. I wonder what the minimal prep is that has to be done, does it have to go back to bare wood?

Rad Cals are thick plastic.
No cab work required other than being flat and smooth.

Regular vinyl should be applied over very smooth finished wood.
Either painted, varnished or primered. But very smooth or you will see defects.

#2817 4 years ago

I've read that they go on below the side rails.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Rad Cals are thick plastic.
No cab work required other than being flat and smooth.
Regular vinyl should be applied over very smooth finished wood.
Either painted, varnished or primered. But very smooth or you will see defects.

Ugh, yea I don't want to really sand down the cabinet. But not sure I really want the look of rad cals.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I've read that they go on below the side rails.

The rad cals? Yeah, that's what I read but I am painting them so they are off.

3 weeks later
#2819 4 years ago

Whats up magicians?! I am working on repros plastics for my own machine, if somebody need replacement parts or whole set, let me know.

#2820 4 years ago

Left magnet stopped catching the ball. Sounds like it activates but doesn't grab it. Has auto eddy board.

2 weeks later
#2821 4 years ago

Just ordered the pinbits self-adjusting eddy boards and working on an order with Chris at pinball plating. I'm going to hot rod the TOM I found a few months back. Has anyone installed the illuminated apron from Pinball Dreams?

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The day has come to start the resto...I am sending out my wireforms, apron rail, spirit ring and newton ball out for brass plating. I am considering having the entry ramp plated as well, has anybody here done the entry ramp? Does it look good, anybody got any pics? Thanks

Just wrapping this up...

aa2417c679c930095a26a90e7bcc45e9a96c22f2 (resized).jpgaa2417c679c930095a26a90e7bcc45e9a96c22f2 (resized).jpg
#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just wrapping this up...[quoted image]

Tasty.

Love that brass plating.

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just ordered the pinbits self-adjusting eddy boards and working on an order with Chris at pinball plating. I'm going to hot rod the TOM I found a few months back. Has anyone installed the illuminated apron from Pinball Dreams?

I’ve been waiting on these to get back in stock...thanks for posting and reminding me to check!

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I’ve been waiting on these to get back in stock...thanks for posting and reminding me to check!

I just sent them an email. They show none in stock.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Someone responded to me and acted like they likely won't be making anymore. I told them there were at least a couple of us wanting them.So maybe if other shoot them a message.

#2827 4 years ago

I'm looking for a for an exterior trunk replacement. The one currently on the machine I found is pretty chewed up in a couple spots. I'm looking for a good replacement, and I've seen several things about "indestructible" trunks. Looking for recommendations.

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Someone responded to me and acted like they likely won't be making anymore. I told them there were at least a couple of us wanting them.So maybe if other shoot them a message.

Thanks JE! They had some listed in stock when I checked and I ordered 2 and they’ve shipped. I needed the outlane eddy boards, the trunk one might be out, but mine is working fine so I’m leaving that alone.

#2829 4 years ago

They are available in Australia. Look up Tangles Pinball.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Thanks JE! They had some listed in stock when I checked and I ordered 2 and they’ve shipped. I needed the outlane eddy boards, the trunk one might be out, but mine is working fine so I’m leaving that alone.

If you need some let me know. I just swapped out the originals for the Pinbits board, so I have some extras laying around. It was worth the $200 for me to not have to ever mess with adjusting them, but if you want the boards that you manually adjust I have 5 I would sell you cheap.

#2831 4 years ago

Anyone interested in the lit apron, please add your email to this list. Hopefully they will get enough interest to build another batch.
https://www.pinball-dreams.com/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/leucht-aprons/theatre-of-magic/notify.html

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

They are available in Australia. Look up Tangles Pinball.

+1 on this.

I've ordered these and it works great on my ToM, no more manual calibration, wohoo!

http://tanglestech.com/Smart-Eddy-Board--a-re-designed-%E2%80%9CEddy%E2%80%9D-proximity-detector-for-Theatre-of-Magic-Scared-Stiff-Road-Show-and-STTNG_p_12.html

#2833 4 years ago

Received in 3 days, Ca to NY, installed and work perfect from Pinbits! Totally happy with it and no more calibration!

#2834 4 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Theatre of magic decals/stickers $6.00 Shipped”
2019-09-04
Vienna, VA
6 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 16 times

#2835 4 years ago

Hey all! First post here. Just picked up a really nice looking TOM. Everything works great but the magnet drops the ball halfway through turning. Sooo I am desperately in need of a new trunk wiring harness ( A-20029 ) but every site is sold out. I found one on a weird euro site but can’t remember the name. If anyone knows where/how I can get one of these I’d be very grateful. Thanks!

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey all! First post here. Just picked up a really nice looking TOM. Everything works great but the magnet drops the ball halfway through turning. Sooo I am desperately in need of a new trunk wiring harness ( A-20029 ) but every site is sold out. I found one on a weird euro site but can’t remember the name. If anyone knows where/how I can get one of these I’d be very grateful. Thanks!

I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted to welcome you to the TOM club.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For a trunk wiring harness I just build a new one from old pinball wiring harnesses (I have a box under my work bench full of different manufactures harness style) I have done the same for STTNG guns. The wire colors don't usually match the original wire colors, but I try to get them close. I just did this to my TOM. If you can't find one on line give me a call and/or email me and I can build you one.

Mike [email protected]

#2838 4 years ago

Hello everyone, may I please join your wonderful club? I have added TOM to my little collection. Cheers Allison

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Hello everyone, may I please join your wonderful club? I have added TOM to my little collection. Cheers Allison

Welcome to the club!

ToM is such an amazing game.

Congrats!

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

As the game says... "WELCOME, TO THE THEATER OF MAGIC!"... club.

#2841 4 years ago

Mikespinball thanks for offering! I may take you up on that.

1 week later
#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

If you need some let me know. I just swapped out the originals for the Pinbits board, so I have some extras laying around. It was worth the $200 for me to not have to ever mess with adjusting them, but if you want the boards that you manually adjust I have 5 I would sell you cheap.

I will take the old manual ones if you have them .... all 5 if they are not spoken for.

PM me and I can PayPal you.

Thanks

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I'm looking for a for an exterior trunk replacement. The one currently on the machine I found is pretty chewed up in a couple spots. I'm looking for a good replacement, and I've seen several things about "indestructible" trunks. Looking for recommendations.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unbreakable-trunk-for-the-theatre-of-magic/page/10#post-5110127

I have one and it is incredible I will be ordering 2 more come December when he does another run ... I know 2 people that want one ... I will never have to have spares again

1 week later
#2844 4 years ago

Today was my last day in the club. A bitter sweet ending to my second longest owned game. Miss it already but ready for something new! Great transaction with great dude. Thanks Rich!

#2845 4 years ago

Btw I have some replacement gearboxes and motors left over shoot me a PM if interested. Cleaned relubed, new motors and output shaft gears. Bench tested to 22 rpm.

1 week later
#2846 4 years ago

I’m finally getting to my TOM, ordering color dmd ? Anyone put in the LED ? Or only LCD. My CV has the LED and the colors are incredible! Any advice
Thanks!

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m finally getting to my TOM, ordering color dmd ? Anyone put in the LED ? Or only LCD. My CV has the LED and the colors are incredible! Any advice
Thanks!

Get the LCD for this game.
You want the smooth font.
Its perfect.

I have both versions.
LCD for ToM definitely.

LED works for earlier titles like 1992 doctor who., maybe even 1993 TAF?

But again its art, whatever moves you....

#2848 4 years ago

I like the LCD ! Thanks it’s ordered

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I like the LCD ! Thanks it’s ordered

#2850 4 years ago

Going to strip playfield to shop out , anyone ever do different color post other then red ? I’m doing White Titan rubbers
My Totan is white it’s Stunning !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/57?hl=les73gtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.