Topic Stats

• 2,820 posts
  • 338 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 737 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clock 2 (resized).JPG
clock 1 (resized).JPG
FE49E753-676D-4822-ABCA-C3B1F1227E83 (resized).jpeg
0701191946a (resized).jpg
0701191947 (resized).jpg
0701191946b (resized).jpg
0701191959 (resized).jpg
0630191556a (resized).jpg
0630191556b (resized).jpg
0630191556 (resized).jpg
4539 (1) (resized).jpeg
4538 (resized).jpeg
4537 (resized).jpeg
15600453559134379029810619840718 (resized).jpg
15600453338424530367670042735314 (resized).jpg
20190519_115403 (resized).jpg

There are 2820 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.
#2801 55 days ago

The prototype Tiger saw motor control of the rev. 1.4H ROM has now been added to the 1.3X mod. So, the motor will now run on game with the original security chip. Enjoy.

See this post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-theatre-of-magic-software-mod-version-2#post-5070060

#2802 55 days ago
Quoted from soren:

The prototype Tiger saw motor control of the rev. 1.4H ROM has now been added to the 1.3X mod. So, the motor will now run on game with the original security chip. Enjoy.
See this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-theatre-of-magic-software-mod-version-2#post-5070060

Tested on my ToM pretty extensively, no issues. I see no reason for running 1.3 or 1.4H at this point, as this code gives me everything I want. YMMV.

I've also got Ingo's boards and tried with/without. Everything works fine, so in theory, you shouldn't need to make any hardware changes for this to work. Also it does require the 1.3-based U22 security chip, so if you're on 1.4H, keep that in mind.

#2803 53 days ago

Tested paint on lockbar. First two coats of etching primer, sanded with 1000. Several coats of this metallic bronze. I think I am going to "dust" it with some gold flake paint to give it a bit more sheen but overall very happy. I was going for more of a "Houdini" look versus bright gold. I have like 10 cans of various gold flake paints here now, lol. After I get it where I want it, going to paint side rails, legs and maybe head hinges. Then coat in semi-gloss SprayMax 2X with several thick coats. Should be bulletproof.

It does look a bit more gold in person.

Considering if I bother with the habit trails. I think I might do them in a brighter gold and gloss auto clear and see how that holds up. Could always strip them and PC if I wanted but honestly, my WOZ RR powder coat isn't holding up that great.

0630191556 (resized).jpg0630191556a (resized).jpg0630191556b (resized).jpg
#2804 53 days ago

Well, that was quicker than expected. The SprayMax primer sets like instantly, lol.

Some of the options (3rd from left was first coat on lockbar and far right was the dusting)
0701191946a (resized).jpg

Dusted with gold (getting a bit dark out)
0701191946b (resized).jpg
0701191947 (resized).jpg

Primed and painted with gold (3rd from right)
0701191959 (resized).jpg

#2805 52 days ago

Hello, does anyone know where the tiger saw motor hookup is? The plug for the motor and mirror lights came off the board. I bought these mods already installed. Now I’m not sure where they plug into. Here’s a picture of the two plugs. Thank you for your help.

FE49E753-676D-4822-ABCA-C3B1F1227E83 (resized).jpeg
#2806 46 days ago

Just added this neat little clock

clock 1 (resized).JPGclock 2 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2807 40 days ago

I need a new plastic for the right wireform ramp to avoid air balls. Does anyone have one or know the part number?

#2808 38 days ago
Quoted from ChrisThePintern:

I need a new plastic for the right wireform ramp to avoid air balls. Does anyone have one or know the part number?

Bump

#2810 38 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Pic? My game is apart.

I’ll attach it but it’s the plastic that goes on the wireform that is crescent shaped

https://imgur.com/a/VD4a8Yj

#2811 37 days ago
Quoted from ChrisThePintern:

I’ll attach it but it’s the plastic that goes on the wireform that is crescent shaped
https://imgur.com/a/VD4a8Yj

Oh, that goes above the captive ball, right?

Nope, you can't get that one outside of a kit as far as I can tell. That was one I needed and I ended up just getting the whole set because it wasn't available. The thing is that I also couldn't find part numbers for the items nor reliably used on sites. Some use "1" and "2" for the plastic numbers. It seems like it wasn't so popular back then to worry about it.

Might be an option for you. Are you looking for brand new? I also have a used one if you just need anything that works.
ebay.com link

#2812 36 days ago

Oh, that goes above the captive ball, right?
Nope, you can't get that one outside of a kit as far as I can tell. That was one I needed and I ended up just getting the whole set because it wasn't available. The thing is that I also couldn't find part numbers for the items nor reliably used on sites. Some use "1" and "2" for the plastic numbers. It seems like it wasn't so popular back then to worry about it.
Might be an option for you. Are you looking for brand new? I also have a used one if you just need anything that works.
ebay.com link

I think he is talking about the right ramp, (Metamorphosis / Spirit Ring) not the left side of the playfield. The plastic you are looking for I have not been able to find and it does not come in the plastic set that I bought from eBay so I had to make my own. My old one started just after the metal ramp flap and covered half of the ramp all the way to the switch on the one way gate. yes it is a crescent moon or hot dog shape.

** EDIT ** Sorry I could not get the picture to load at first .... so that is not the plastic I thought he was talking about .... the one he circled in his photo is the plastic that goes in the very back right hand of the machine where the left orbit shot (Vanish shot) goes past the pops and travels to the wire ramp that come back to the right inlane / flipper .... mine was broken beyond repair and the plastics set I got had that one .

#2813 36 days ago

Yeah, sorry, didn't post an update. I didn't have my machine so I was thinking this was the captive ball plastic (the rounded front got me) but yeah, I realize that captive one is much larger, has the smoke clouds on it and is even harder to come by because they are always broken. You were right, the back right one and I happened to have two extra so he's set.

#2814 36 days ago

Yeah, sorry, didn't post an update. I didn't have my machine so I was thinking this was the captive ball plastic (the rounded front got me) but yeah, I realize that captive one is much larger, has the smoke clouds on it and is even harder to come by because they are always broken. You were right, the back right one and I happened to have two extra so he's set.

This dudes a legend!!! ^

Thank you!

#2815 34 days ago

Anyone done the rad cals? I am wondering if they will look out of place given the original finish of the vinyl decals. I have the side rails off now anyhow so I could just do the vinyl, it's cheaper. I wonder what the minimal prep is that has to be done, does it have to go back to bare wood?

#2816 34 days ago

Anyone done the rad cals? I am wondering if they will look out of place given the original finish of the vinyl decals. I have the side rails off now anyhow so I could just do the vinyl, it's cheaper. I wonder what the minimal prep is that has to be done, does it have to go back to bare wood?

Rad Cals are thick plastic.
No cab work required other than being flat and smooth.

Regular vinyl should be applied over very smooth finished wood.
Either painted, varnished or primered. But very smooth or you will see defects.

#2817 34 days ago

I've read that they go on below the side rails.

#2818 33 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Rad Cals are thick plastic.
No cab work required other than being flat and smooth.
Regular vinyl should be applied over very smooth finished wood.
Either painted, varnished or primered. But very smooth or you will see defects.

Ugh, yea I don't want to really sand down the cabinet. But not sure I really want the look of rad cals.

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I've read that they go on below the side rails.

The rad cals? Yeah, that's what I read but I am painting them so they are off.

3 weeks later
#2819 12 days ago

Whats up magicians?! I am working on repros plastics for my own machine, if somebody need replacement parts or whole set, let me know.

#2820 11 days ago

Left magnet stopped catching the ball. Sounds like it activates but doesn't grab it. Has auto eddy board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2820 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside