IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
There are 4,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 87.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'm not used to having a game this ready to play. Very strange! Thanks again.
Jamie's extremely excited tho, she was playing it last night at midnight, lol.

A lot of love and effort went into that pin over the last few years - such a great flowing pin.

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

A lot of love and effort went into that pin over the last few years - such a great flowing pin.

I was telling Jamie as I went over it last night someone really put alot of care into it, it has alot of great upgrades. I'd love to hear the story sometime.

#2553 5 years ago

Would be appreciated if you could video the tiger saw in motion as I've never seen that decal before. Looks like it would be real neat in action

#2554 5 years ago

Top of page request again for Fellow Pinsider.
How do you connect the Lasseriffic Toper to the power driver board?

#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Top of page request again for Fellow Pinsider.
How do you connect the Lasseriffic Toper to the power driver board?

Please email me at [email protected]

When I am back in the office I will check to see what instructions I have that I can send to help you out

Jordan, Laseriffic

#2556 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Also, still seeking someone who has the Laseriffic topper...

We are no longer offering the original Laseriffic topper made for TOM but we are offering a new, all etched topper. It is on our website for you to take a look at if you are interested. Please contact with any questions

Jordan, Laseriffic
[email protected]

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from laseriffic_ct:

Please email me at [email protected]
When I am back in the office I will check to see what instructions I have that I can send to help you out
Jordan, Laseriffic

Thank you! I will get that email out.

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from Malcolm:

Heads up,
There is a new option for auto adjusting eddy boards on TOM: Smart Eddy Board.
ebay.com link » Pinball Smart Eddy Board Replacement Eddy Board With Auto Adjust Feature
Compatible with the out lane sensors and the trunk.
Even fits the original holes!
Manual: http://shedspace.net/TPP/TPP-1023-SmartEddy.pdf[quoted image]

Just received and installed my 3 boards. (pretty fast shipping from Oz too) Only played a couple of games so far, but they seem to work fantastic. Thanks for filling the void for a much needed part!

1 week later
#2559 5 years ago

I have problem with my trunk it sometimes stops working.
After trunk test mode it works again for a short while.
I bought this new trunk board, but still same problem:

Art.nr: FP-A-19749

Brand new design Theatre of Magic Trunk Opto Board. Based on Leon's Trunk Fix. Will automatically adjust! Direct replacement board for the original Theatre of Magic Trunk Opto Board.

Would the new board (look post before me) work?

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I bought this new trunk board, still the same problem:
Brand new design Theatre of Magic Trunk Opto Board. Based on Leon's Trunk Fix. Will automatically adjust! Direct replacement board for the original Theatre of Magic Trunk Opto Board.

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I bought this new trunk board, but still same problem:
Would the new board (look post before me) work?

Gear box might have to be cleaned and re-lubed.
Also motor might have to be cleaned out. You can clean out the motor with circuit cleaner. The ends come off if you are careful.

Does wonders but it's a pain.
Fortunately you only have to do it once every 20 years.

After that maybe get the new board from german-pinball

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Gear box might have to be cleaned and re-lubed.
Also motor might have to be cleaned out. You can clean out the motor with circuit cleaner. The ends come off if you are careful.
Does wonders but it's a pain.
Fortunately you only have to do it once every 20 years.
After that maybe get the new board from german-pinball

Never thougt about cleaning the gears and motor, i'll start with that.
Thanks for your advice

#2563 5 years ago

Thanks Eric and I presume Laseriffic_ct, I finally got my topper working! It only took me 8 months.

#2564 5 years ago

Thanks Eric and I presume Laseriffic_ct, I finally got my topper working! It only took me 8 months.

That Topper Looks Great! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your girl in a far away land so far from pinball. I'm stoked you found me on Pinside and I was so happy to help and get this topper working. It really needed it.
Jordan was very helpful at Lasseriffic and getting this solved by supplying info. Shame they don't make this anymore. They should. Best looking topper for this game I've seen.
When your ready to add Colordmd let me know, looks like the last thing you need for game.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That Topper Looks Great! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your girl in a far away land so far from pinball. I'm stoked you found me on Pinside and I was so happy to help and get this topper working. It really needed it.
Jordan was very helpful at Lasseriffic and getting this solved by supplying info. Shame they don't make this anymore. They should. Best looking topper for this game I've seen.
When your ready to add Colordmd let me know, looks like the last thing you need for game.

Indeed! Getting into the pinball hobby got us through some tough times this past year. My wife is pretty religious and saw meeting someone who could help us in such a far away place as Notre Dame as a sign that we're doing things right. I have to admit, it's a pretty darn crazy coincidence.

This is the best topper for this machine and it floored me when I found it was a short run production. The colorDMD is going to be a ways off because we have our eye on a couple of older pins we need to save up funds for.

Thanks again!

#2566 5 years ago

Just wanted to let those of you that are in search of the old style TOM topper made by Laseriffic that it is BACK on our production line and will be available soon on Laseriffic.com so keep an eye out

Jordan, Laseriffic

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from laseriffic_ct:

Just wanted to let those of you that are in search of the old style TOM topper made by Laseriffic that it is BACK on our production line and will be available soon on Laseriffic.com so keep an eye out
Jordan, Laseriffic

Nice! It's the best topper for it by far.

#2568 5 years ago

Does anyone have an extra decal for the "Spirit Ring" insert? I can only find a whole insert set online, and that is the only one I need. Thanks in advance!

#2569 5 years ago

Anyone have a spirit ring insert decal bump?

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have a spirit ring insert decal bump?

I do but I'm in Australia. I have several in fact sorry

#2571 5 years ago

Can anyone explain the rules of the top gates (left and right) please.

Is it true that the right one is sometimes/sometimes not in basic single ball play? Is there a pattern to this?

Thanks.

#2572 5 years ago

My TOM has no service outlet. I was hoping to put Pinstadiums in it. Is everyone else's like this or is it just mine?

#2573 5 years ago

My TOM has no service outlet. I was hoping to put Pinstadiums in it. Is everyone else's like this or is it just mine?

Perhaps you have this IEC style service outlet inside your cab? In that case all you would need is this extension cord to convert to a standard plug.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-12-power-extension-cord.html

5851-13867-00 (resized).jpg5851-13867-00 (resized).jpgh-19601-1 (resized).jpgh-19601-1 (resized).jpg
#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Does anyone have an extra decal for the "Spirit Ring" insert? I can only find a whole insert set online, and that is the only one I need. Thanks in advance!

Bump - still looking for the insert decal!

#2576 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Bump - still looking for the insert decal!

You can find the decals at Planetary Pinball, Bay Area Amusements, Pinball Decals, Ebay, and probably others. All in stock. All just the Spirit Ring decal. All about $7 plus shipping ($8.50 on eBay)...

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

You can find the decals at Planetary Pinball, Bay Area Amusements, Pinball Decals, Ebay, and probably others. All in stock. All just the Spirit Ring decal. All about $7 plus shipping ($8.50 on eBay)...

I'm looking for the insert decal, not the spirit ring itself. Right above the "R" on Theatre on the playfield, and leading up to the right ramp

#2578 5 years ago

mr pinball I think used to sell the insert decals. I'm not sure but I had a set but again I'm in Australia unfortunately

#2579 5 years ago

I need the Spell Magic and Spirit Ring decals.

#2580 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I'm looking for the insert decal, not the spirit ring itself. Right above the "R" on Theatre on the playfield, and leading up to the right ramp

Sorry, my bad.

I used to have a full decal set, but it was flawed in many ways, so I sold it years ago to someone less picky than I was. If I still had it, I would share that insert decal.

Good luck

#2581 5 years ago

Having an issue where the let magnet keeps blowing the fuse.

Should this be a 3A SB?

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Having an issue where the let magnet keeps blowing the fuse.
Should this be a 3A SB?

I believe so. Test magnet ohms. I had a similar problem but unsure of my solution. I changed out my driver pcb. So it could be a transistor issue etc. I also noticed my trunk mech up/down had worn a notch in it that could have put excessive load on the coil. I fixed this as well

#2583 5 years ago

Anyone know how to improve/strengthen the outlane magnets? My right lane stops the ball well and drops is straight into the inlane, but the left one wiggles around so much that it still goes in the outlane %50 of the time

#2584 5 years ago

I have exactly the same behaviour of the left outlane saver magnet. The ball will not be stopped to the last movement but keep wiggling and therefore drop onto the posts and sometimes jump to the outlane... I would also be interested in any way to fix this and make the left ball saver the same reliable as the right one...

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Anyone know how to improve/strengthen the outlane magnets? My right lane stops the ball well and drops is straight into the inlane, but the left one wiggles around so much that it still goes in the outlane %50 of the time

Bend the washer under the magnet so that the magnet coil is firmly snuggled up the the wood.

#2586 5 years ago

Just Picked up a ToM last week, so I would like to join the club.
This game has been on my wishlist for a while now and finally found a good unit that was 95% home use. I can not verify the first 5 years but the previous owner had it since 2000. It was on location someplace in the first 5 years of life as it has some holes it the cabinet where a lock bar was installed over the coin door. it has been sitting in a finished basement not used for the last 3 or more years. It has some surface corrosion on the rails and trough and some on the lockdown assembly. Really clean other than those things
Played it for 2 days and started fixing a few lights and the trunk was not registering hits so I tuned those up and got it working. On the 3rd day, the wife wanted to play it and she played about 5 games back to back before going to work. All good, later that same day I turned it on and I had no DMD but the game played fine, I played a round to see if it would come back but no go. I turned it off and googled the problem and found where to check voltages and what they should read. Got my trusty meter out and flipped the switch and I got a big pop thump and buzzing and no game at all. I quickly turn it off and think WTF just happened ... I see fuse F105 had popped so I put in a new 3A SB and tried it again with the same results of course. So I did some research in the manual and online, unplugged J130, J126, and J125 and started it again with a new fuse. This time the machine stays running but all I get is the sound bong for startup and nothing else, CPU board LED's are correctly lit and flashing and so is the DMD board and then I see no 12v LED on the Driver board.
So here I am looking through the schematics and manual and honestly, electronics are not my strong suit, but I know and am confident enough to be dangerous. I have called in some help and they will be here next week to examine the driver board but honestly thinking about going to a Rottendog board.
Sorry, such a long first post but I would like to know if you all recommend the 300 dollar Rottendog Driver board for this game?

#2587 5 years ago

I put a Rottendog drvr board in my BOP and my TAF and never had a problem yet

#2588 5 years ago

I have one that was in my tom and is now sitting in a cupboard not working. My original had been hacked that's why i replaced it but it's back in again working fine. My opinion is not positive for rottendog

#2589 5 years ago

Hey, I don't know if anyone did this but this is my ball stuck mod.

20181023_191028 (resized).jpg20181023_191028 (resized).jpg20181023_192801 (resized).jpg20181023_192801 (resized).jpg
#2590 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hey, I don't know if anyone did this but this is my ball stuck mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that or 2 posts is one of the possible fixes.

#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes that or 2 posts is one of the possible fixes.

Mine came with a post in that t nut but I removed it. I thought having one there was a big no no?

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Mine came with a post in that t nut but I removed it. I thought having one there was a big no no?

I installed it in mine when I got it NIB. Its been there 20 years and was a good fix for me.
However I dont have 500,000 plays on my game. Closer to 20,000.

I imagine that anything can happen though.

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

I put a Rottendog drvr board in my BOP and my TAF and never had a problem yet

Thanks I also have a BoP and had the board repaired, after I got it back it works great but I have half as much as a new board into it ... so next time it goes out I will be into it again ...

Quoted from embryon:

I have one that was in my tom and is now sitting in a cupboard not working. My original had been hacked that's why i replaced it but it's back in again working fine. My opinion is not positive for rottendog

what was the trouble with Rottendog in the ToM? Just curious...

2018-10-18 14.52.50 (resized).jpg2018-10-18 14.52.50 (resized).jpg
#2594 5 years ago

Pretty sure I have a a Rottendog power board in mine and it works fine. I guess some folks have had bad experiences but I also have a couple of their CPU boards as well and they’ve always been good.

#2595 5 years ago

The fuse connected to the spirit ring magnet check blowing mainly during multiball. When it did the trough etc was also dead.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

The fuse connected to the spirit ring magnet Kept blowing mainly during multiball. When it did the trough etc was also dead.

#2597 5 years ago

I have a brand new trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. I bought this to put in my game, but ended up trading the game away. I paid $64 with shipping.

I also have a a magic trunk connector from Little Shop of Games, that will make the install much easier. I paid $35 with shipping:

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/parts-by-game/parts-by-game-bally-williams/parts-by-game-bally-williams-theatre-of-magic/magic-trunk-light-w-cable-and-2-molex-connectors-a-20029/

I'll offer the set for $75 plus shipping (probably like $5). I will ship to the USA and Canada.

Get in touch if you are interested.

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have a brand new trunk opto-board with Leon integrated. I bought this to put in my game, but ended up trading the game away. I paid $64 with shipping.
I also have a a magic trunk connector from Little Shop of Games, that will make the install much easier. I paid $35 with shipping:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/parts-by-game/parts-by-game-bally-williams/parts-by-game-bally-williams-theatre-of-magic/magic-trunk-light-w-cable-and-2-molex-connectors-a-20029/
I'll offer the set for $75 plus shipping (probably like $5). I will ship to the USA and Canada.
Get in touch if you are interested.

Does anyone want an upgraded trunk onto-board with Leon integrated board?

I have one with a new molex connector and bulbs that that is likely better than your tangled wires, and also makes install easy since you won't have to worry about unseating and reseating your molex.

Both of them for $75! It's a steal and it's the perfect upgrade for TOM.

PM me if interested.

1 week later
#2599 5 years ago

Recently picked up a TOM and did some lighting upgrades and waiting to do a major cleaning on it. I had to work out a few issues when I got it but now it’s pkayjng good except for one minor issues that’s drovjbg me nuts. When the ball goes into the trunk and kicks out through the basement, it always ties two tries for it will kick the ball out. Game is level and I also cleaned out the lock area to see if that was causing the issue. Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

9DD356A3-0C9F-46D6-A539-4861C31877EE (resized).jpeg9DD356A3-0C9F-46D6-A539-4861C31877EE (resized).jpegDAC94869-D4F8-4A05-9831-E2BDDF985C56 (resized).jpegDAC94869-D4F8-4A05-9831-E2BDDF985C56 (resized).jpeg
#2600 5 years ago

Yes it’s a common problem. Remove the spring from the popper coil. No need for a spring return let gravity do the work. I had the same issue. Never came back after I pulled the spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/52?hl=les73gtx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.