Quoted from EvanDickson:
I have a gremlin in my machine that surfaces only occasionally, maybe every few weeks, with one of a couple symptoms. It's a long shot, but sas anyone ever experienced something like this and figured out what it is? I have additional variables in the mix for troubleshooting, and that's that I have Ingo's board installed, and Pinbits auto adjusting eddy boards installed.
- Four or five instances of trunk stops registering hits. They do not start registering again until the machine is turned off and on.
- Four or five instances of magna-save triggering without ball rolling over eddy sensor. I think in particular it's the right side triggering it, as it once or twice triggered with the ball rolling down the inlane.
- Two instances only of left flipper registering a trunk hit when selecting illusion before plunging the ball.
- One instance of the background crescendo music not playing when multiball was starting, just silence followed by the voice yelling "multi ball".
Weird things, and not consistent. Any ideas?
Here's my take, as I've owned a TOM for 15 years:
1. The trunk can get confused if you hit it while it's moving. You don't have to turn off the machine, but you might have to open the coin door and go to trunk test to reset it. Replacing the Trunk Opto Board with the "Leon Board" from German-Pinball (search this thread) should fix it.
2. Replace the eddy with the Pinbits eddy boards that don't need adjustment: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=296
3. No clue
4. That's normal. Every so often you don't get the crescendo music.