Topic Stats

• 2,885 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 764 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190627_122848 (resized).jpg
9ED1DF52-EAF4-4050-A19C-916C5D3429E1 (resized).jpeg
3B073EFC-5FB9-4B7D-B753-61D7B6D73824 (resized).jpeg
95B257C7-E296-401D-BFB7-5DBF1B96652F (resized).jpeg
49F72C49-27DB-45D2-8CB8-61F248EEE8FA (resized).jpeg
8814C965-B2AF-41A7-813A-B5933E722248 (resized).jpeg
F597BA97-1D77-4B7B-A6CE-7B384A223ED3 (resized).jpeg
0FB2E6D0-C774-4289-8729-70BFB61F048B (resized).jpeg
D3CB7C38-67A6-46A9-9863-CD50755A289A (resized).jpeg
62079674-DC57-4421-93DB-B0176CD4E1C8 (resized).jpeg
B1577B67-C8EE-48F5-85E0-170774153CC0 (resized).jpeg
37F16471-DFB8-4464-8119-D6CDB3E4BC41 (resized).jpeg
32584DA4-2715-4C51-AE43-94D7ED1A5CBC (resized).jpeg
20171210_180814 (resized).jpg
IMG_7382 (resized).jpg
20191111_222007 (resized).jpg

There are 2885 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 58.
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Who has best price on spinning saw blade mod? Thx. Think I can build the trunk chain mod myself.

There is a post on here somewhere detailing how to make the mod yourself using the directions that are still available from Tom Callahan. I have that version in my machine for years and it works great and much cheaper than what is sold now. Only downside is I think it causes the game to reset every once in awhile.

#2252 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the metal post that holds up the ramp at the left slingshot? Part number or length?

#2253 2 years ago

What's the best cab decals? next gen from PPS or ???

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

There is a post on here somewhere detailing how to make the mod yourself using the directions that are still available from Tom Callahan. I have that version in my machine for years and it works great and much cheaper than what is sold now. Only downside is I think it causes the game to reset every once in awhile.

Spinning saw blade done. Piece of cake and works great. Old computer fan and just followed the youtube video.

Now I just need small realistic chain for trunk mod. No Luck at HD or lowes.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Try a craft store like Michaels

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Try a craft store like Michaels

yep..was going to try but lines were a mile long. Not a good idea during holidays

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Spinning saw blade done. Piece of cake and works great. Old computer fan and just followed the youtube video.

Can you forward the Youtube video. Thanks.

#2258 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to adjust the sensor on the trunk Eddy board? Mine has the red light always on

#2259 2 years ago

Just realised it's the trunk motor drive board - my trunk only spins part of the way round

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just realised it's the trunk motor drive board - my trunk only spins part of the way round

Does it do this in test mode? I'd be looking at the opto board and make sure that's working properly (and the interrupter disc is aligned properly).

#2261 2 years ago

Yes in test mode - I think I've fixed the problem with this one thanks. Now if I can only get the saw mod and mirror working lol.
Saw stays on constantly and mirror chase lights don't work at all. I've followed the instructions exactly.

#2262 2 years ago

what rom do you have?

#2263 2 years ago

Just upgraded to the 1.4 and changed the U22 chip

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you forward the Youtube video. Thanks.

here it is....very easy. My neighbor had an old pc he gave me the fan motor. Dremmel off excess plastic. I used gorilla epoxy.....You do need a longer screw for the spacer so the blade and plastic little fan motor its between the tiger plastic and the metal plate.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

here it is....very easy. My neighbor had an old pc he gave me the fan motor. Dremmel off excess plastic. I used gorilla epoxy.....You do need a longer screw for the spacer so the blade and plastic little fan motor its between the tiger plastic and the metal plate.
» YouTube video

Interesting. Did you have to extend your wires like he did in the video?

And, looks like attaching to the trunk motor will activate it on every trunk hit. Any way to do it so that it goes on during the Tiger Saw illusion, or when you hot the captive ball?

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And, looks like attaching to the trunk motor will activate it on every trunk hit. Any way to do it so that it goes on during the Tiger Saw illusion, or when you hot the captive ball?

I added wires yes....Im sure you could attach to several points if you can get 12v. Motor was 12v and I like having it spin. looks cool with led shining on it....

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you are using ROM 1.4h, you attach your GND to J125 pin 3. Then it will turn on during the Tiger Saw illusion/captive ball hits.

#2268 2 years ago

Personally I've used the flasher in the tigersaw captive ball lane to trigger the tigersaw motor, using an LDR, so it spins during tigersaw mode. This works with any ROM so I'm running 1.3x.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

Personally I've used the flasher in the tigersaw captive ball lane to trigger the tigersaw motor, using an LDR, so it spins during tigersaw mode. This works with any ROM so I'm running 1.3x.

hate to be stupid but whats an LDR It only needs a second of power and it spins a good 20 seconds or more. Mine is a tiny bit off center so you can see it rotate. Great effect for free

#2270 2 years ago

Still can't believe I was able to snag this beautiful game. Never thought I'd own one with the way the price has gone crazy on them. Good deals are still out there!

20171205_183708 (resized).jpg

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

Yup, I'm also curious to know what an LDR is.

And are you using a computer fan like others here?

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yup, I'm also curious to know what an LDR is.
And are you using a computer fan like others here?

Light Dependant Resistor. Changes resistance when exposed to light.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If you are using ROM 1.4h, you attach your GND to J125 pin 3. Then it will turn on during the Tiger Saw illusion/captive ball hits.

You woudl need the board that goes with the kit. I don't remember the name of the little board you need to connect to.

#2274 2 years ago

I finally joined the club! It's been one of my grails for the past 20 years hahaha. And it's like HUO mint. Can't wait to get it set up.

#2275 2 years ago

Fitted my tiger today...awesome!

20171210_180820 (resized).jpg

20171210_180814 (resized).jpg

#2276 2 years ago

Does anyone have a video of how the Tiger Saw Mod is supposed to work? Mine just spins the Saw even when the board is not plugged in and the chase lights on the mirror do nothing

#2278 2 years ago

I just installed Pinball Pro speaker upgrade and it sounds like sh*t. Sounds garbled, with little to no bass coming out of the sub. Had problems with the original speakers when I first got this machine home but thought the upgrade would solve problems. Could it possibly be a damaged audio board?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I just installed Pinball Pro speaker upgrade and it sounds like sh*t. Sounds garbled, with little to no bass coming out of the sub. Had problems with the original speakers when I first got this machine home but thought the upgrade would solve problems. Could it possibly be a damaged audio board?
Thanks in advance for any help.

There could be something wrong with the amps. Note there are two channels on a ToM. Make sure they are connected properly, J1 should be connected to the cabinet, and J2 to the backbox speakers. J1 is sometimes called J504, J2 is sometimes called J505. Also, I would not recommend a crossover for the cabinet speaker if the Pinball Pro comes with one, it isn't necessary. If there is one, bypass it.

If it is all wired properly, I'd start by removing the connector at J1 and seeing if your backbox speakers sound ok, then vice versa.

Anyway, if none of this helps, I'd look to the sound board for failed components.

#2280 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a trap door scoop assembly? Mine is not factory and seems to be out of stock across the web

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

There could be something wrong with the amps. Note there are two channels on a ToM. Make sure they are connected properly, J1 should be connected to the cabinet, and J2 to the backbox speakers. J1 is sometimes called J504, J2 is sometimes called J505. Also, I would not recommend a crossover for the cabinet speaker if the Pinball Pro comes with one, it isn't necessary. If there is one, bypass it.
If it is all wired properly, I'd start by removing the connector at J1 and seeing if your backbox speakers sound ok, then vice versa.
Anyway, if none of this helps, I'd look to the sound board for failed components.

Big thanks jsa, I'll start digging in.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Swapped J1 and J2 and that did the trick. Big Thanks JSA!!!

#2283 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I might find the Color DMD for ToM? Color DMD website seems to be out of stock.

#2284 2 years ago

Also grabbing one soon for myself. They said they should be back in stock soon (mid-Dec) You could always get an LED but I prefer the LCD for the display options.

#2285 2 years ago

Any help on the trap door scoop?

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Any help on the trap door scoop?

You talking about this bit?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10022

#2287 2 years ago

Thanks for responding!
Was thinking more like this one
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19938

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for responding!
Was thinking more like this one
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19938

So your after the whole assembly not just the scoop.
Marco has the scoop but not the flap and sticker.

#2289 2 years ago

I have a flap with sticker but not the springs for under the flap and the flap I have has 2 bumps on top instead of being flat

#2290 2 years ago

image (resized).jpg

#2293 2 years ago

My next gen cab decals came two days ago along with a batch of new stuff ftom Marco...today this showed up!

20171218_162702 (resized).jpg

20171218_162855 (resized).jpg

20171218_162859 (resized).jpg

20171218_162214 (resized).jpg

#2294 2 years ago

I just wish that Mirco made the TAG version and not the Sun Process one. I swear that the last remaining TAG screens must be either stashed away in some forgotten vault, or totally lost at this point. In talking with Mirco earlier this year, he didn't even know that they made 2 versions of the playfield, and the Sun Process one is the only one that he could find, he said. Not knocking you choice at all, just a personal thing of mine that I sometimes wish that I could let go of. LOL

Your playfield will be nice and shiny with colors that pop. Keep us posted on your progress.

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

I just wish that Mirco made the TAG version and not the Sun Process one. I swear that the last remaining TAG screens must be either stashed away in some forgotten vault, or totally lost at this point. In talking with Mirco earlier this year, he didn't even know that they made 2 versions of the playfield, and the Sun Process one is the only one that he could find, he said. Not knocking you choice at all, just a personal thing of mine that I sometimes wish that I could let go of. LOL
Your playfield will be nice and shiny with colors that pop. Keep us posted on your progress.

I agree with you, I wish the colors were a closer match to the original playfield. The game I have has a trashed playfield and a cab with chunks missing the size of a dinner plate. This was the best option I had. Fortunately for me original vs repro doesnt matter, I just like making the games look brand new.

#2296 2 years ago

Ugh. Is there anything less satisfying than starting Grand Finale and draining after completing only 1 letter? :p

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ugh. Is there anything less satisfying than starting Grand Finale and draining after completing only 1 letter? :p

Actually, yes. Worse is getting all but ONE letter....

#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Actually, yes. Worse is getting all but ONE letter....

Which is exactly what happened to me tonight! Had the entire family over and everyone was playing. TOM was empty and I decided to jump on for a quick one. Ended up getting to the Grand Finale pretty quick, and had everything done but one last letter.

What happens if you get it all?

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What happens if you get it all?

The most unsatisfying wizard mode ending in all of pinball! The game just starts over

#2300 2 years ago

Now I'm just thinking about my theater...

Christmas is here and a few guests are coming over. It is my only pinball machine. A beauty. I want more of them, but I'm not sure I need more of them...

The players today Are going to experience a theater for the first time.

It's lit up and shiny in the living room waiting...

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grayslake, IL
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 11.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hermosa Beach, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 11.00
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2885 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 58.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside