DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
DSCN3291 (resized).JPG
DSCN3290 (resized).JPG
DSCN3289 (resized).JPG
DSCN3288 (resized).JPG
DSCN3287 (resized).JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).jpg

There are 4,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.
#1651 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It does on mine! Will post a video tomorrow!

Yes, you hit the ball and it triggers a switch. With 1.4 it activates when tiger saw multball is active as well as tiger saw illusion, not just when hitting the ball.

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Does anybody know how to tap into the 12V power board on the left side at the front of the cabinet? I have a light up shooter rod I'd love to install but it has the standard stern 12V molex connector. Would love to find an adaptor. Thanks!

You could make one yourself if you feel like investing a small sum into tools and parts. Like under $30 you could get a crimper, molex, pins, and wires. Then you could make whatever you needed in the future too.

As for buying one pre-made, not sure but maybe one of the pinball specialty shops would have it, like Marco or Pinbits or Cointaker etc.

#1653 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

You could make one yourself if you feel like investing a small sum into tools and parts. Like under $30 you could get a crimper, molex, pins, and wires. Then you could make whatever you needed in the future too.

Thanks. I have that stuff, but not sure what specific connector I need to wire into the power. Will reach out to Terry, was just wondering if anybody that had the game has tapped into it before.

#1654 7 years ago

Is there any unused places on the coin door board where you could solder on pins and get it from there?

#1655 7 years ago

For some reason my tiger saw doesn't spin in solenoid test but it spins in during gameplay. Looks like I don't have an issue afterall. Thanks for your help guys.

#1656 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Is there any unused places on the coin door board where you could solder on pins and get it from there?

Yeah the 12V area in the lower left is unused. I have a ton of various female IDC connectors, maybe I could snip the wire from the stern style molex and repin it to the IDC?

#1657 7 years ago

Yeah the 12V area in the lower left is unused. I have a ton of various female IDC connectors, maybe I could snip the wire from the stern style molex and repin it to the IDC?

I have a bunch of lighted shooter rods and that is where I usually get the power from. I quick soldering job and its done.

#1658 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have a bunch of lighted shooter rods and that is where I usually get the power from. I quick soldering job and its done.

Cool! Mind snappping a picture of what goes where? Is it just the 12V or is there a ground too? Sorry, away from my pins for the next couple days. Cheers.

#1659 7 years ago

Cool! Mind snappping a picture of what goes where? Is it just the 12V or is there a ground too? Sorry, away from my pins for the next couple days. Cheers.

There should be a location marked 12+ and another marked ground you could use.

#1660 7 years ago

wanted to post that i got my trunk opto board. ill do install tomorrow.
no worries they are shipping!

1 week later
#1661 7 years ago

Does anyone here have the ColorDMD LED display or have played on a machine with the display? I have a LCD on my Spider-Man and really like it. I used the "dots" setting, which is the reason I'm thinking about the LED. Feedback or thoughts?

#1662 7 years ago

Yes, the ColorDMD is a great option for this pin. It honestly feels like it was designed that way.

#1663 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Does anyone here have the ColorDMD LED display or have played on a machine with the display? I have a LCD on my Spider-Man and really like it. I used the "dots" setting, which is the reason I'm thinking about the LED. Feedback or thoughts?

yup LED was made for this machine IMO, on this vid it flickers but doesn't when viewing.

video of the wife playing...

#1664 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup LED was made for this machine IMO, on this vid it flickers but doesn't when viewing.
video of the wife playing...
» YouTube video

Cool. Thanks for sharing the video. I can see brightness in the LED's.

#1665 7 years ago

So just to make sure, in the video is the LED ColorDMD display?
Not the LCD.

the LED is brighter and $30 cheaper. Agree?

#1666 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Not the LCD.

I have the LCD. It looks great. I'm sure the LED is brighter.

#1667 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I have the LCD. It looks great. I'm sure the LED is brighter.

Im going to order the LED as soon as it's in stock.

#1668 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Not the LCD.

Yes LED in the video I posted.

Its brighter.

#1669 7 years ago

I just paid for a re-import ToM. This is my wife's grail machine and we're nervous and excited to be getting it. Pics look really nice, i just hope its as nice in person. *crosses fingers*

#1670 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just paid for a re-import ToM. This is my wife's grail machine and we're nervous and excited to be getting it. Pics look really nice, i just hope its as nice in person. *crosses fingers*

If that's from Pinny it should be fine.

#1671 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

If that's from Pinny it should be fine.

Yes, its from Pinny. I read a few good pieces of feedback flabout him and we decided to make the purchase based off of that and the price. Really looking forward to getting it!

#1672 7 years ago

its a great machine - enjoy!

#1673 7 years ago

So i set up a bank wire through my credit union and they do their wires through Western Union, of all places smh...the order went through on 3/8 and the funds came out that same day. Pinny has not recieved anything yet to date and their website says that it normally takes 1-2 business days to the Netherlands. The person im working with says that if its not received by 3/13, that she could order a trace on it. Any reason i should be worried?

#1674 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Any reason i should be worried?

Not with Pinny(Roel). but through a "Bank" it only takes 2 days. If he does not see it Monday I would probably do the trace.

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Not with Pinny(Roel). but through a "Bank" it only takes 2 days. If he does not see it Monday I would probably do the trace.

Thanks for the affirmation. It sounds like Roel is a good guy and it seems like it through my communication with him. Hoping by Monday the funds go through.

#1676 7 years ago

Need some help! Can someone take a pic under the playfield showing where the bracket with 3 switches attaches near the basement ball feeder? I see it in the manual but it's not clear (at least to me) where it attaches.
Thanks in advance!!

#1677 7 years ago

quick thoughts on "trunk magnet does not always work"? i'm probably going to check out a TOM tomorrow with said issue disclosed.

#1678 7 years ago

hope it helps, I'm about to replace the switches myself. half the time I get a two ball multiball, or nothing registers when the ball goes in.

IMG_0041 (resized).JPGIMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPG

#1679 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

quick thoughts on "trunk magnet does not always work"? i'm probably going to check out a TOM tomorrow with said issue disclosed.

loose connection to faulty power board...

#1680 7 years ago

hocuslocus Thank you!

#1681 7 years ago

None of my flashers seem to be working. Any ideas? FYI, no errors and all new LED's. Regular lamps don't work either.
Thanks!

#1682 7 years ago
Quoted from MajorHavoc:

None of my flashers seem to be working. Any ideas? FYI, no errors and all new LED's. Regular lamps don't work either.
Thanks!

blown fuse

#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from MajorHavoc:

Thanks!

Check the interlock switch as well.

#1684 7 years ago

pinballinreno lyonsden Thank you! It was the interlock switch!

#1685 7 years ago

Anybody have a pinsound board in their TOM? I see a new upload as of 1/20 to the pinsound forum...interested to hear what it sounds like!

#1686 7 years ago

I need help with original posts.

On page 2-33, I see the list of posts. Two of which are:
03-8247-8 (amber)
03-8319-13 (clear)

Here are the parts on Marco
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8247-8
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8319-13

Here are the shop out images
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/theatre-of-magic/gallery/shopout

It seems odd that the book would reference amber for one type of post, and clear for the other. Nearly all of my posts are amber (two are blue, which are replacement posts).

Can someone please help me with what the original posts are? Also, I can't find in the book where each of the posts are installed.

Also, there is a third post referenced in the book 03-8130-13 (which is clear). I have no idea where this post goes.

#1687 7 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

there is a third post referenced in the book 03-8130-13

I found where this one is located: in the back box. And it IS clear.

As for the other clear posts - I am going to assume it is a typo in the manual. I have never seen a TOM with a mix of clear and amber posts.

#1688 7 years ago

UltraPeepi My ToM has a clear post behind the blue dome flasher that is located behind the Spirit Ring. I also have a clear post on the center ramp next to the trunk.

Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I found where this one is located: in the back box. And it IS clear.
As for the other clear posts - I am going to assume it is a typo in the manual. I have never seen a TOM with a mix of clear and amber posts.

#1689 7 years ago

You can almost see it here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

bea91daf8a463290595957c34e2e865cd9a84b94 (resized).jpgbea91daf8a463290595957c34e2e865cd9a84b94 (resized).jpg

#1690 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Anybody have a pinsound board in their TOM? I see a new upload as of 1/20 to the pinsound forum...interested to hear what it sounds like!

I had one in my ToM but the sound mix was just standard and it seemed a waste - however - you can download it and play the music in VLC, looks like someone added different music, sounds good.

Cheers,
Neil.

#1691 7 years ago

Wow. Shipping got mixed up and someone else got my machine! The other pinsider ordered a TAF and both machines were shipped at the same time but he ended up with my ToM. All the shipping labels had my info nice and big. Im located in Madison, WI and they delivered to Virginia! Just wow.

#1692 7 years ago

Any interest if Just3dMods made a real lifelike 3D Tiger to replace the flat 2D Tiger? Know you want to see it but thinking of doing it so no prototype but here is Simba for CV we did. Would not be black but yellow with black stripes and would look similar to the 2d plastic. Front paws would be placed the same as 2d so owners can keep the spinning blade option? Yellow eyes light up when blade turns?

Simba mod (resized).pngSimba mod (resized).png

#1693 7 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Any interest if Just3dMods made a real lifelike 3D Tiger to replace the flat 2D Tiger? Know you want to see it but thinking of doing it so no prototype but here is Simba for CV we did. Would not be black but yellow with black stripes and would look similar to the 2d plastic. Front paws would be placed the same as 2d so owners can keep the spinning blade option? Yellow eyes light up when blade turns?

hell yes but spinning blade is a no lose mod.

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Wow. Shipping got mixed up and someone else got my machine! The other pinsider ordered a TAF and both machines were shipped at the same time but he ended up with my ToM. All the shipping labels had my info nice and big. Im located in Madison, WI and they delivered to Virginia! Just wow.

sorry to hear, had a similar thing happen but with an arcade PCB!

I guess the shipping company are going to sort it out?

#1695 7 years ago

Yeah i called them and they are going to sort it out. It's been near a month since we agreed to do the transaction!

#1696 7 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Yes please. Of course, cost will be a factor...

#1697 7 years ago

Count me in for a 3D tiger!

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Yes please. Of course, cost will be a factor...

How about 60 to 70 bucks because it would be somewhat bigger than our Simba mod?

#1699 7 years ago

I would buy one

#1700 7 years ago

Sign me up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/34?hl=tres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.