IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
There are 4,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 87.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The post I believe your referring to is the Achilles heal of this game. The ball will get stuck between that post and the trunk and will often result in breaking the post off flush with the playfield.

I replaced it with a through-the-field post. Is that better or did I sign up for a different problem?

#54 11 years ago

I replaced it with a through-the-field post. Is that better or did I sign up for a different problem?

Hi There,
I had read on the forum that if you got the ball trapped between the Trunk and the post in front by the ramp the post could some times shear off to the play field.
Told my son to watch out for that when playing. Sure enough it happens that evening!
Looking at the trunk (see pic) What is the post part number of the post on the right corner of the trunk.
This is the post that can shear off if the ball gets between the trunk and this post. Mine is just bent.
I've looked for it in the manual. Upper playfield parts shows numbers designated to every part except the posts in front of the trunk.
Also if you know a place online that I can order the part that would be great.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#55 11 years ago

What is the post part number of the post on the right corner of the trunk.

I purchased this one: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=324
530-5004-00.jpg530-5004-00.jpg

However, in my machine, the threads in the playfield were stripped, so I drilled through the playfield and replaced it with this: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=320
530-5005-00.jpg530-5005-00.jpg

Don't forget the rubber and the nylon locknut if you go with the second post.

#56 11 years ago

Thanks very much!

1 week later
#57 11 years ago

Finally got around to putting these in.

IMG_20130413_213400_641.jpgIMG_20130413_213400_641.jpg

#58 11 years ago

The Tiger Saw mod. I'd like to add it on to my TOM since it was supposed to be there in the original design and is written into the code.
What is the best one and where to I get it from?

#59 11 years ago

i would like the Red velvet inside cabinet panel...seller does not ship to Canada

#60 11 years ago

I would like to reset the High Scores on my ToM pinball...

I would like to clear everything and start like new but i d'ont know how,
i have looked in my book but did not found.

Thanks for any help!

#61 11 years ago

This is the game I have in my shop. Great for visitors because everybody "gets it"

I want to rebuild the trunk someday. Have a new one but it's already starting to crack.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I would like to reset the High Scores on my ToM pinball...
I would like to clear everything and start like new but i d'ont know how,
i have looked in my book but did not found.
Thanks for any help!

Download the manual: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2845 . More than you would want to know is there, including performing a "factory reset" which is option 8 in the Utilities menu.

You'll then need to set it back to free play, though. This exercise is left to the reader.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I want to rebuild the trunk someday. Have a new one but it's already starting to crack.

Lots of threads about this. (Here's one I started: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforce-theatre-of-magic-trunk-anyone-try-duct-tape )

I'm going to try butyl rubber sound insulation (e.g. Dynamat). I just purchased this to put into a new trunk: ebay.com link: NEW 1 Sqft GTMAT Onyx Butyl Real Rubber Automotive Proofing Insulation Deadener

#65 11 years ago

I have the manual.i just did not want to do a factory reset and reset all my stuff all over.
i tought there was another way!

Thanks a lot

#66 11 years ago

I just finished putting some LEDs in mine a couple of days ago.

DSCN1286.JPGDSCN1286.JPG

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I have the manual.i just did not want to do a factory reset and reset all my stuff all over.
i tought there was another way!
Thanks a lot

Isn't there a reset high scores from the utility menu?

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yes, I'm almost sure you are correct.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yes, it is "Reset H.S.T.D" option in the Utilities menu. You can even change what the default high scores are in the Adjustments menu.

All menu items are detailed in the manual.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just finished putting some LEDs in mine a couple of days ago.

I did a full LED conversion on a different title once (Hurricane) and found that the software liked to blink lots of inserts simultaneously during gameplay, resulting in a nauseating strobe effect.

Do you notice anything like that with ToM and your conversion?

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Do you notice anything like that with ToM and your conversion?

Not at all, but I didn't use bright ones, and most were frosted ablaze ones.

#73 11 years ago

Do you guys find the right staircase shot to be the most difficult in the game? Most of my shots get rejected if they are not perfect.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Do you guys find the right staircase shot to be the most difficult in the game?

There are no difficult shots in this game. The object is to see how fast the ball can move before it starts burning the playfield or melting the ramps.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Do you guys find the right staircase shot to be the most difficult in the game? Most of my shots get rejected if they are not perfect.

Maybe you and I both suck, but I agree with you.

#76 11 years ago

I guess I suck too.

#77 11 years ago

I'd have to say the shot to the right of that staircase back to the bumpers is much harder...

#78 11 years ago

It's one o'clock!

#79 11 years ago

This is my second Theatre 0f Magic. Custom LED conversion. Brass Beauty Legs, side rails lockdown bar. Thanks John Popadiuk Jr.

100_0112.JPG100_0112.JPG 100_0113.JPG100_0113.JPG

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Yes, It is a hard shot ie; The Spirit Ring shot is one of the best shots in any pinball machine. The same right ramp is also the best MODE shot in the game. "The METAMORPHOSIS". The dot matrix animation is really , really, Cool.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It's one o'clock!

Man, it is almost always 1 o'clock as that shot is so tough...

Most satisfying shot--stuffing the ball into the trap door! Always a good reward for that one!

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

This is my second Theatre 0f Magic. Custom LED conversion. Brass Beauty Legs, side rails lockdown bar. Thanks John Popadiuk Jr.

Where did you find a matching set of brass? I had thought only mismatched components from different sellers were available.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

Do you guys find the right staircase shot to be the most difficult in the game?

This shot is more difficult than most on this game. The 100,000,000 pt. trunk shot during multiball is also challenging. If you miss it with the first shot, its hard to recover.

#84 11 years ago

A lesson I would like to share: don't adjust the trunk eddy sensor too sensitively. I did so, but what tended to happen is that the sensors would start to self-trigger when the machine warmed up. Should this happen while you have two balls locked and are ready for multi-ball, this can make the machine go a little haywire.

Long story short - I learned that triggering the trunk magnet and the sub ball release simultaneously can exceed the capacity of the shared circuit, blowing the fuse. I'm glad the fuse did its job, but I don't plan on doing anything that blows a fuse too often.

I managed to do this twice before I backed off the adjustment of the trunk eddy sensor a bit more from the edge.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

don't adjust the trunk eddy sensor too sensitively.

I've got to go readjust mine. I blew the fuse last night. Don't they have those "improved" eddy boards that don't need adjustment?

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Where did you find a matching set of brass? I had thought only mismatched components from different sellers were available.

Illinois Pinball Co. I bought the Brass Beauty Kit at Rocky Mt Showdown pinball trade show Five years ago. Call 309-828-6993. I did not see it on website. It was $300.00 .

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't they have those "improved" eddy boards that don't need adjustment?

Pinbits hasn't stocked those self-adjusting eddy boards for a couple of years now: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_33&zenid=gb18vn4hqlfasapdjg71igh7b1

1 week later
#88 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Pinbits hasn't stocked those self-adjusting eddy boards for a couple of years now: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_33&zenid=gb18vn4hqlfasapdjg71igh7b1

Ok, so I just adjusted the eddy boards, as I need to do on a regular basis or the magnet fuse blows. On page 1-45 of the manual it mentions securing the R2 pot with a drop of "Glip-Tol", which makes sense, but where do you get this stuff, or what is a suitable substitute? Thanks.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ok, so I just adjusted the eddy boards, as I need to do on a regular basis or the magnet fuse blows....

Any chance backing off the adjustment more helps? I blew two fuses before I backed out the adjustment more. I back it out approximately 1 hour on a clock face and I haven't blown a fuse since.

#90 11 years ago

Hope this helps a bit. Lloyd recommends fingernail polish:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rec.games.pinball/vZaehXCIdZs

#91 11 years ago

TOM is a fun game. I have the gold tiger saw and gold mirror with the lights.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Hope this helps a bit. Lloyd recommends fingernail polish:

Thanks! I figured locktite might be overkill, or eddy kill in general.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

TOM is a fun game. I have the gold tiger saw and gold mirror with the lights.

That first picture is a bit dim. Can you get a daylight pic? It's too dim to see awesomeness.

#94 11 years ago

I have a dilemma. I need to replace the legs, but don't want to replace the lockdown bar and glass frame. So a full matching bronze set is beyond my ambitions.

What color legs would work best with stock stainless around the glass:
1) stock stainless
2) black
3) gold

#95 11 years ago

My ToM is my first pin... the only issue that I seem to regularly have with it is that under the right ramp (the ramp over the jets) the ball gets stuck between the bottom of the ramp and the play field. I think I am missing a post or that the high post where the ramp makes its first bend is the incorrect one (too short). If any one has any pics or tips with this problem I would appreciate it!

#96 11 years ago

Does this help?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div class="page" title="Page 11">

</div>
</body>
</html>

#97 11 years ago

No that won't help.
I'll try again.

#99 11 years ago

Do you mean it is getting stuck under the ramp when it is in the pop bumpers? You might be missing a rubber. Look at this pic: http://www.theteardown.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=70&sessionid=e22b4248f635c4b3282ee842b7929247

Otherwise, I'm having a hard time visualizing how the ball is getting stuck while ON the right ramp. If you can post a picture of the ball stuck in that spot, I'm sure everyone will see what part might be missing.

#100 10 years ago

Thanks for the sites guys... I will try to get a pic of it getting stuck..the ball is actually under the ramp when it gets stuck. On the tear down site it seems I have all the parts just on my game the ramp just seems to be too low it actually touches the top of the bottom jet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.