Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Why can't any non pin heads finish a game? I had a bunch of people over for the weekend and nothing worse than having multiple games started and no finishing them. We ended up playing some poker and partying pretty hard but in the back ground was loops of the family guy music over and over. I went down stairs and Xmen music looping over and over. I actually had dreams about it last night. For Godsake if u start a game please finish it or atleast power down and then back up!!!!

#2 6 years ago

Ive had this happen with non-pinheads as well!! I think they start to play,and get to a point where there not sure what to do next! Then,get interested in another pin! Ive even had folks start a 4 player game and don't understand what they did! You have to supervise the uninitiated sometimes!!!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Ive had this happen with non-pinheads as well!! I think they start to play,and get to a point where there not sure what to do next! Then,get interested in another pin! Ive even had folks start a 4 player game and don't understand what they did! You have to supervise the uninitiated sometimes!!!

Wouldn't be so bad but being hung over and the family guy loop is gave me nightmares!!

#4 6 years ago

And they always bash both flippers at the same time !

#5 6 years ago

Or slam the ball launch button...

#6 6 years ago

Trade me your FG. Problem solved

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Trade me your FG. Problem solved

If u had a kiss I would. Although I don't know what that would be like looped over and over.

#8 6 years ago

People who are not used to pinball think nothing of this. It is just another electronic device that they walk away from when they're bored.

I always use it as a teaching oppuortunity. When I have non-pinheads over, I explain that they should always finish a game because leaving a game pending can be bad for it, especially the older games. I also explain not to hit both flippers at the same time because it actually creates more of a gap for the ball to get through. And, most importantly, I explain that if anything falls off the playfield, they should stop playing and get me immediately.

They get it once I explain it to them.

#9 6 years ago

No rule knowledge and no pinball skills.

No one knows what there doing. They don't even know rules exist.

They also think every time the ball goes near a flipper, you have to flip.

Every time I have a party, I'll close the game room up at the end and all machines have 4 players going with basically Ball 2 of Player 3 flashing.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Why can't any non pin heads finish a game? I had a bunch of people over for the weekend and nothing worse than having multiple games started and no finishing them. We ended up playing some poker and partying pretty hard but in the back ground was loops of the family guy music over and over. I went down stairs and Xmen music looping over and over. I actually had dreams about it last night. For Godsake if u start a game please finish it or atleast power down and then back up!!!!

Mike, we had the same problem.

Set all your pins on auto plung after 10-15 seconds. Then if someone walks away midgame the pin will shoot automatically and eventually end.

#11 6 years ago

Yup, auto plunge is the solution if it's an option.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-worst?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.