View topic image gallery

coinflip.gif
shootitup.gif
guns.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
coin flip (resized).jpg
wife (resized).jpg
A637C7F4-6E81-49EA-BFDF-10F39274A922.jpeg

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

If there’s of rash of vandalized toilets over bad pinball deals in the future I claim no responsibility or liability.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

If there’s of rash of vandalized toilets over bad pinball deals in the future I claim no responsibility or liability.

Haha ... yep I'm gonna be more careful having pinheads over to my place

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

By any chance, did you happen to hear any banjo music playing in the background?

Or Burt Reynolds coming round the corner.

#104 3 years ago

Old mate probably still has the machine. I reckon it was a set up to get you to offer more.

#105 3 years ago

Lots of people seem to be forgetting the seller’s side, where you get tons of people who say “I’m on my way” and they never show up.

That’s why I never hold anything for anyone without a deposit. Nothing is sold until I have cash in hand.

As for everyone talking about “keeping your word” on a game that is massively underpriced, that’s just you being greedy and taking advantage of someone who doesn’t know any better. Don’t pretend there’s any virtue in “getting a good deal” like that.

In this situation, the OP is an asshole by offering over asking as a way to bully out other buyers, and then not offering a deposit. You can’t get pissy when the game is bought out from under you by someone who is closer.

That said this weird coin flip nonsense is definitely bullshit and I’d have just left when I was told someone else was in the running. Them’s the breaks.

#106 3 years ago

If the seller had that Forsyth/Surry twang, those people are just weird anyway......lol

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Each of you sleep with his wife - whichever she thought was better wins.

Unless......

wife (resized).jpgwife (resized).jpg
#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My worst was going over a guys house who's house was filthy and had enough guns to start an army...
Guns were strewn about the house, on top of pins, in every corner etc etc.
He was clearly not right in the head so I made up some excuse and got out there before he ate my liver with fava beans.

He wasn’t right in the head because he had guns?

#109 3 years ago

I try to price my games fairly when I sell them and have had several snipe offers on sale pending deals. I put alot of elbow grease into my games so I almost always get out what I have in them minus the free but enjoyable labor. The general rule is that once you have offer and acceptance, you go with the original offer. If someone offers you more money, they jump to first in line as "backup buyers" but you don't sell it out from under the original buyer. You can contact them and let them know you have another offer and they can back out guilt free, but you don't up the price.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Had a similar situation a couple years ago. A Taxi out in Boone, about an hour an a half from me. I agreed to buy it for $600-800, I can't remember. It was a good deal. Drove up there, some other guy is there looking at it. It is really awkward. The machine needed a lot of love and had some corrosion damage. So, I already knew I wasn't going much higher for it. They basically wanted a bidding war on the spot. I think I said $1200 was my top offer, but I wasn't bidding and was a little annoyed at driving a 3 hour round for a deal to end up in this type of situation. I think the other guy bought it for $1300-1400 or something. I don't know, didn't care. Was upset to waste my afternoon.

I tell sellers point blank when they imply its not a straight sale; If you are asking for bids/best offers put it on Ebay, I don't participate in Craigslist auctions.

Wish them luck and hang up the phone.

Biggest waste of time you won't get back. Move onto the next one!

#111 3 years ago

I feel bad for Mike, getting up at 6:45 on a day off is brutal. I thought for sure this was going to take the direction of bidding war. The new owner may end up being closer and will likely need to resale, so it'll probably be up on CL again. Good karma may have saved you from a real mess and overpaying.

#112 3 years ago

As Tom Segura jokes, "some people suck."

#113 3 years ago

That's crazy. Did the other guy have to pony up $500 (like you offered) or did he get it for the list price of $350?

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's crazy. Did the other guy have to pony up $500 (like you offered) or did he get it for the list price of $350?

I have no idea, it never came up. I hope he got it for $350.

#115 3 years ago

That seller is a moron. I'm sorry that happened to you.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm sure it was 500

#117 3 years ago

coin flip (resized).jpgcoin flip (resized).jpg

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Potential free guns in the coinbox and you passed that up? I would have tried to buy two!

"Guns" was understated.. it was assault weapons in what could not possibly have been a legal amount.

Most of the stuff I saw wasnt fitting in any coinbox.

#120 3 years ago

it was assault weapons.

Bwahahaha! And what would make a gun be classified as an assault weapon? Did they look scary? Lmao!!!

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

He wasn’t right in the head because he had guns?

Guns? no.

Shit tons of assault weapons all over the house not in any way managed or locked up? perhaps.

Ill give you his address you two can hang out.

#122 3 years ago

not in any way managed or locked up?

Someone is breaking in....better go unlock my guns to protect myself.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yes you are correct...

all 150 of them need to be in every corner of the room, on the floor where you can kick or trip on them, on top of the TV, lined up on the couch, under the pins, on the pins, in the litterbox, on the kitchen table, on and on.

You know normal sane person shit.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yes you are correct...
all 150 of them need to be in every corner of the room, on the floor where you can kick or trip on them, on top of the TV, lined up on the couch, under the pins, on the pins, in the litterbox, on the kitchen table, on and on.

Take it from someone with 3 kids: just sprinkle Legos all over the ground.

#125 3 years ago

Yes you are correct...

IDK, maybe he collects them? I mean how many of us have pins in the bedroom, kitchen, dining room...? Seems perfectly fine to me. Maybe you should not have judged him on his hobby and talked to the guy.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That is the single longest post I have ever seen, lol.

Then you must not have been in the Gameseum escalera post!

#127 3 years ago

"Guns" was understated.. it was assault weapons in what could not possibly have been a legal amount.

What's the "Legal" amount?

#128 3 years ago

Oh for fucks sake.. everything is not a political conversation.

I could care less about guns or gun owners etc.

If your house is a shithole, you seem like you never shower and your eyes are in the wrong socket so you look like a googly eyed puppet, and you have all manner of huge ass guns all over the place I dont want to be in your house sorry.

#129 3 years ago

Oh for fucks sake.. everything is not a political conversation.

I can agree with this. There is nothing inherently political about guns. Both parties are pro gun in AK.

#130 3 years ago

Yes you are correct...

Normal sane people don’t collect pinball machines, except for me.

You seem triggered (pun intended) and frightened about guns. I never stated I wanted to “hang out” with the guy. Just settle down and relax, they (guns) won’t just start attacking you, they aren’t evil or any other crazy idea people make about them. Most people that own them, especially the expensive and scary “assault” guns are respectable people. Keep in mind, this was a guys home who was letting a stranger in to buy something. Maybe he wanted to convey he was not the type to be tread on or to be a victim of some mischievous stranger.

Nobody likes to be limited on what you can own. Why does anybody need more than one pinball machine or one gun? Because we can, it’s that simple.

#132 3 years ago

Guns are only political if you wish to make them political. If you don't like guns, no problem, but don't make it anyone else's problem.

#133 3 years ago

Whats an assault weapon? Does it assault with no human interaction? How is it different, than a non-assault weapon?

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats an assault weapon? Does it assault with no human interaction? How is it different, than a non-assault weapon?

Perhaps pre (1986) ban, machine guns could be considered "assault" guns? If that were the case this guy was sitting on a gold mine.

#135 3 years ago

Whoot... I made a gun thread.

Wonderful how someone cant say anything remotely negative about guns or some dipshit owner without having gun owners jump up and down and overreact.

p.s. I am a gun owner so its not like I have an issue.

Anyone who looks and acts like a complete slob and idiot and has a house full of huge ass guns strewn about I dont need to be around. This is hard to understand?

I was not by any means condemning every single gun owner or guns in general, or assault weapons.

I hope you guys can sleep better now.

#136 3 years ago

Can it be the worst buying experience when you didn't buy?

shootitup.gifshootitup.gif
#137 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Can it be the worst buying experience when you didn't buy?

Ooohhh.... that's one o' them huge ass guns.

#138 3 years ago

Whoot... I made a gun thread.
Wonderful how someone cant say anything remotely negative about guns or some dipshit owner without having gun owners jump up and down and overreact.
p.s. I am a gun owner so its not like I have an issue.
Anyone who looks and acts like a complete slob and idiot and has a house full of huge ass guns strewn about I dont need to be around. This is hard to understand?
I was not by any means condemning every single gun owner or guns in general, or assault weapons.
I hope you guys can sleep better now.

I think you're getting push back for continually using a made-up leftist gun grabber term. There's no such thing as an assault rifle. A gun owner should know that. That is all.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think you're getting push back for continually using a made-up leftist gun grabber term. There's no such thing as an assault rifle. A gun owner should know that. That is all.

The NRA seems to disagree. Seems to exist to me.. but my bad, I didnt not take an inventory to properly catalogue his entire collection by whatever legalese makes you feel better. And I said weapons not rifle.

I also realize "huge ass guns" isnt the right term either.

"Assault Rifle
By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect"

#140 3 years ago

Folks, if you would like to discuss guns, please try to move the discussion to the dedicated thread instead of derailing this one. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Folks, if you would like to discuss guns, please try to move the discussion to the dedicated thread instead of derailing this one. Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/

Booo...

pinko commie gun hater.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Folks, if you would like to discuss guns, please try to move the discussion to the dedicated thread instead of derailing one. Thanks

And back to the odd story of a coin flip deciding the fate of a machine.

coinflip.gifcoinflip.gif
#143 3 years ago

The NRA seems to disagree. Seems to exist to me.. but my bad, I didnt not take an inventory to properly catalogue his entire collection by whatever legalese makes you feel better. And I said weapons not rifle.
I also realize "huge ass guns" isnt the right term either.
"Assault Rifle
By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect"

Ok. I see you're trying to catch me in a technicality. Civilians don't own US Army machine guns. When applied to civilian guns it's a bullshit, made up term, or at best an incorrectly applied term.

#144 3 years ago

The moment he said he was going to wait on the other person I would’ve left.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Ok. I see you're trying to catch me in a technicality. Civilians don't own US Army machine guns. When applied to civilian guns it's a bullshit, made up term, or at best an incorrectly applied term.

thats some lawyerly shit right there... Ill let you and the 25,000 NRA lawyers argue over what is "bullshit" or "made up "on their own website.

I just hope this poor guy gets a flash gordon some day.

#146 3 years ago

thats some lawyerly shit right there... Ill let you and the 25,000 NRA lawyers argue over what is "bullshit" or "made up "on their own website.
I just hope this poor guy gets a flash gordon some day.

Just stop.

#147 3 years ago

This is my rifle
This is my gun
Here is a flash gordon
You went home with none.

#148 3 years ago

Bummer of a deal for sure. Good luck next time

#149 3 years ago

so did the other buyer also offer 500 or was he paying the original 350?

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Don’t send this discussion to the firearm and target thread please. None of the discussion that went on in here would be allowed there either. Just redirect everyone back to upper decking bad sellers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 90.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 45.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 199.95
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-worst-pinball-buying-experience-i-have-ever-had/page/3?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.