Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    89403C2D-9659-4CCC-B141-8AEB1000B39B (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1676161927571 (resized).jpg
    70746F26-697C-4540-AECC-9FC461560504 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (9).gif
    worlds-tiniest-violin_400x333 (resized).jpg
    D6D72C51-4C27-4C0E-881B-83E0584241BC (resized).png
    81qbikVQocL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_172746_Chrome (resized).jpg
    6E481F5F-8594-45E7-B10B-01404539D1DA (resized).jpeg
    DCD567D1-2E2B-48E1-98C1-E7BD95D49D9A (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    christopher-reeve-superman.gif
    A283C49A-4B5C-4D25-98A7-F1589474C85F.gif
    Screenshot_20230211_223610_Chrome (resized).jpg
    9B701A4A-376D-4A7D-AA4E-9F4E82155B33_1_201_a (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

This is how the expensive Twilight Zone pin2dmd came packed from Stumblor. One layer of thin, small bubble wrap in a box that's too big.

The empty space inside the box allowed the fragile dmd to flop around all the way from London England to Atlanta Georgia.

Of course it arrived broken.

This weekend my TZ is scheduled to go to a local shop for a full "restoration" with radcals, cointaker leds, titan rubber kit, pin2dmd and more.

Stumblor wants to send a single new led panel that my resto guy will have to install in the pin2dmd. Then we all can pray nothing else is broken that isn't as obvious to the eye.

Or I can return my unit and then they'll send another one out. That process could take a month or more.

It's disappointing to have something so fragile and expensive packed so carelessly that it arrives broken. And then to have the seller do the absolute minimum to rectify the situation.
    IMG_20230210_165926 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_165926 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_183813 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_183813 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_183825 (resized).jpgIMG_20230210_183825 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

weird, i just thought of you today because two stern nba’s are up for sale in the marketplace. sucks it arrived broken but I still like Davey way more than you.

#3 1 year ago

Always shit if something comes in broken.. but Isn’t this something that can be worked out in a PM instead of opening a topic for it?? stumblor is a easy going guy so he will help you 100%

Have a great day tho !

#4 1 year ago

Not to make light of your damaged part, but that is not the worst packing job ever.

I had a Flight 2K backglass shipped to me in a shower door box (think almost the size of a normal door) with a smidgen of packing peanuts (styrofoam) inside. When I picked it up, the top half of the box was bent over. The guy who sold me the backglass said 'I'm surprised it didn't break!'.

Rob

#5 1 year ago

Looks like he’s offered you two solutions, one quick fix which you’re not happy about and a longer solution of a complete unit replacement, which your also bot pleased with?

Breakages are annoying but it looks like he is offering you a couple of options to make you whole in line with your expectations. If this has been dropped or smashed around by the couriers then even a little more styrofoam wouldn’t have protected it. Thankfully stumblor will stand behind his products so your in good hands.

#6 1 year ago

"HEP style".....

#7 1 year ago

Out of curiosity - what is it you are hoping to happen from this thread?

That they offer to resolve this in a third unnamed way?

#8 1 year ago

That sucks for sure.
    I can’t imagine stumblor intended to have it shipped to you this way. Clearly mistakes were made by whomever packed it. Far from the hyperbole of “worst ever” but not the best ever, certainly. Davey is and always has been a stand up guy and an A+ seller/mod maker.
    I think you’ll be haaaaaaaard pressed to find anyone willing to pull out the pitchforks for a guy with his rep over something he’s already, according to you, offered multiple options to replace and make right.
    I’m all for putting up a thread for a shit seller with questionable motives,I have a few I’ve almost pulled the trigger on myself, but buddy… this ain’t what this is. I know how frustrating this type of thing can be especially if you’re paying someone to work on your machine. But that’s life man.
    Sorry.

#10 1 year ago

"the worst packing job ever"?

just the fact that you had bubble wrap disqualifies it...

Had a guy once send an Atari 800 computer in a way oversized box with zero padding. The included monster of a wall wart power supply literally destroyed the 40+ year old computer! If you've ever owned one, you know what I'm talking about.

Sucks that it happened but not worthy of it's own post.

Good luck

#11 1 year ago

Shit…. misread the thread title again.

E1C06E5B-3CCF-4062-A80A-8BB0CBCC4AA7 (resized).jpegE1C06E5B-3CCF-4062-A80A-8BB0CBCC4AA7 (resized).jpeg
    #12 1 year ago

Shit happens .... Would have waited for the other to be reshiped,looks like he has tried to make it right...
    How did you do with the 5k Mermaid Fathom spots ?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from d0n:

My TZ is scheduled to go to a local shop for a full "HEP style restoration" with radcals, cointaker leds, titan rubber kit, pin2dmd and more.

Pretty sure HEP doesn't use RadCals in his full restorations.

Quoted from J85M:

He’s offered you two solutions: a quick fix and a longer solution of a complete unit replacement. Stumblor will stand behind his products.

Davey and his products are some of the best assets in our pinball hobby. The in-transit damage was unfortunate, but pin2dmd is a stand-alone upgrade (replacing the original DMD) which could be added at the end of your restoration, if you choose to wait for the complete replacement.

#14 1 year ago

This looks like a 5 minute repair. But I’m a maintenance guy and know how to use some tools. It’s nothing cosmetic right? Just a screw popped out, it’s not the end of the world.

But I get it, nobody likes getting damaged things in the mail.

My point is, if a month is too long to wait for a pristine one to show up, (that could ultimately be just as damaged through shipping) then just fix this one and see if it still works.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from d0n:

"HEP style restoration" with radcals

Real contradiction.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Davi:

Real contradiction.

As if there is such a thing as “HEP style”… either HEP is going to do it, or he’s not. Sounds like he’s not.

#17 1 year ago

It was packaged pretty carelessly for such a fragile piece.

#18 1 year ago

Option one fixes the problem in like 5min once it arrives. Stop being such a attention seeking whiny baby lol

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

"HEP style".....

I guess cubic zirconia is “diamond style” to some.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I guess cubic zirconia is “diamond style” to some.

Exactly! Tomorrow my Honda Pilot is getting a "Ferrari style" oil change.

#21 1 year ago

You are frustrated and we get it.This is a thread that You should close.Davey is one of the best and easiest to work with.
    Shut this thread down and take it to PM in all fairness.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

You are frustrated and we get it.This is a thread that You should close.Davey is one of the best and easiest to work with.
    Shut this thread down and take it to PM in all fairness.

It's classic Don Hop

#24 1 year ago

I thought dOn left after unsuccessfully fleecing other pinsiders for Haggis Mermaid spots?

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I thought dOn left after unsuccessfully fleecing other pinsiders for Haggis Mermaid spots?

I did take a break from pinside for some months. It was nice. Robin convinced me to come back via email. I realized how much I need pinside to buy, sell and trade games. I'll mostly be donating $ to pinside (see the red heart with a +? Do y'all have one?), posting things for sale and buying. I'm not engaging with the trolls this time around. Life's too short. Sorry guys.

#26 1 year ago

Robin personally begs people to come back to Pinside?

I'd love to hear more about this development!

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again, I'm not going to entertain the trolls & you're the biggest one here. Talk to Robin.

#28 1 year ago

I'll just stop posting for a while and wait for Robin to email me begging for my return.

#29 1 year ago

In before Lock

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Think of it as caring about a fellow member of the community.

#31 1 year ago

Get your Deepr**t water bottles before they're gone and spread the love.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Shit…. misread the thread title again.
    [quoted image]

Are you from Boston?

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll just stop posting for a while and wait for Robin to email me begging for my return.

I don't think that's going to go the way you think.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

I don't think that's going to go the way you think.

please don't ruin a good thing!

#35 1 year ago

This post should be drained……….

#36 1 year ago

In before the lock
    Nuf said

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from dzmechanical:

This post should be drained……….

I'm sure anyone who gets on the long waiting list (so long you forgot you even signed up) to buy a $600+ pin2dmd from stumblor, then finally gets the "we're ready to build your dmd" email, pay us in full, then waits 2 to 4 more weeks to get their coveted mod only to find it was packed with 0 farks given and arrived damaged & ultimately needs to be sent back to London England for a refund... will appreciate this PSA post. At least they can tell Davey to pack their $600 item better than he normally does.

#38 1 year ago

Okay, not something I'd usually handle publicly, but here goes.

We pack using custom made, double wall boxes, foam ends to protect from edge impacts, and bubble wrap. We shake test the result to make sure there isn't any excess internal movement. That said, mistakes happen, and it would appear they happened here. We appreciate people letting us know what went wrong - that way we can improve and get better. When you first contacted me last night, the first thing I did was start a discussion with my assembly guy to work out how we could fix this ongoing, separating components, custom internal foam etc. The next thing I did was get back to you with ways I could make things right.

Now we're here. Why are we here?

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I did take a break from pinside for some months. It was nice. Robin convinced me to come back via email. I realized how much I need pinside to buy, sell and trade games. I'll mostly be donating $ to pinside (see the red heart with a +? Do y'all have one?), posting things for sale and buying. I'm not engaging with the trolls this time around. Life's too short. Sorry guys.

It was nice for us too.

I used to think Robin was an ok guy, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he may not have seen all your antics.

#41 1 year ago

I built a bunch of these big DMDs. Other than the screw coming out of the speaker panel (which can be fixed with a toothpick). What’s broken? Those LED panels are held on magnetically. This should be a less than 5 minute fix.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I built a bunch of these big DMDs. Other than the screw coming out of the speaker panel (which can be fixed with a toothpick). What’s broken? Those LED panels are held on magnetically. This should be a less than 5 minute fix.

The left led screen sustained some damage too. A replacement panel was the first resolution option.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

The left led screen sustained some damage too. A replacement panel was the first resolution option.

Apparently that's not good enough. Have you considered offering some scones as well?

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

Panel lose a couple LED pixels? I had that happen handling a couple of those flexible panels too much. Real shame considering how expensive each of those panels is.

36245DD5-D114-4706-A63C-122AEEB3AF4E (resized).jpeg36245DD5-D114-4706-A63C-122AEEB3AF4E (resized).jpeg
    #45 1 year ago

Is this the thread where I can get a $4000 fathom spot?

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is this the thread where I can get a $4000 fathom spot?

Was 20k at one stage i thought.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Panel lose a couple LED pixels? I had that happen handling a couple of those flexible panels too much. Real shame considering how expensive each of those panels is.
    [quoted image]

Yeah they're super fragile. That was one of the things we were thinking about actually, shipping them unfitted and protected, to be fitted later by the customer. Still coming up with ideas though.. its only been 24 hours after all!

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

Yeah they're super fragile. That was one of the things we were thinking about actually, shipping them unfitted and protected, to be fitted later by the customer. Still coming up with ideas though.. its only been 24 hours after all!

You should just refund his money and part ways. Customers are not always right and you shouldn’t do business with those that don’t respect you.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from stumblor:

Now we're here. Why are we here?

We are here as a PSA so others know you don't actually use "custom made, double wall boxes, foam ends to protect from edge impacts, and bubble wrap." to protect customers items. And that no one actually "shake tests the result to make sure there isn't any excess internal movement."

The last time I had a situation like this from a supposed professional company in the arcade/pinball business, I found out that the guys mother packed the item that arrived all smashed up. I'm just amazed that someone packed this thing like it is and expected it to travel 1000's of miles to the USA undamaged. And now I'm the bad guy for bringing it up?

Honestly, what any reputable business owner should have done is to pack up another one (assuming you have one ready) and send it out yesterday. Not, tell the customer that you can't send another one out until you've received this one back. I even offered to go upside down financially and BUY another one if you would send it out ASAP. Then, you could refund this one when it arrives.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

You should just refund his money and part ways. Customers are not always right and you shouldn’t do business with those that don’t respect you.

I agree.

What do you say Don? I'll trade you a full refund for a blacklist. Then we can all get back to whatever it was we were doing.

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-worst-packing-job-award-goes-to- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.