2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

960x540-stalacpipe-organ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottThePhotog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

I've been following the Atlantic City Boardwalk organ restoration for a couple of years. It's a really incredible instrument and they have done some amazing work.

One of my favorite recordings is Cliffton Stround's rendition of Abide with Me.

It was done in the 90s before a lot of the restoration work had taken place. At the time, I think only 25-30% of the instrument was functioning. He starts with the quietest stops on the organ and gradually add stops as he goes. This gradual crescendo hits a point towards the end where you don't think it can get any bigger but it keeps growing! To think that such a small percentage of the instrument was functioning and it gets as loud and powerful as it does is truly mind blowing. I can't even imagine the raw power the instrument will have when it is fully functional.

This is a really fascinating video done last year giving a bit of history and tour of the instrument.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottThePhotog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-world-s-largest-organ-?tu=ScottThePhotog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.