(Topic ID: 264219)

The world dimmed a little (cat died)

By zarco

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89FF0D4A-4563-4B13-B31E-2D323A4A30ED (resized).jpeg
    7FBD1005-50C4-45FE-8369-24598B40BD58 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00117 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Our cat of 13 years, Sheeba II, died last night in her sleep. She was a wonderful
    kitty with her own unique personality. A large black cat with four white 'socks'
    and a vest. She was raised around pinball machines and often enjoyed chasing
    the ball. Every time the ball drained she'd look over the lock bar to see where
    the ball fell out of the machine. Never did figure that out. Yet another valued
    part of the family that will be missed.
    Steve

DSC00117 (resized).JPGDSC00117 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

So sorry for the loss of your furry family member.

#3 4 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave her a great life.

#4 4 years ago

RIP Sheeba II. May you always remember the good times (especially when the ball drains).

#5 4 years ago

I am sorry Steve. It's always difficult to deal with the loss of a pet, as to the owner, they are family.

Remember the good days you gave her for 13 years!

Chris

#6 4 years ago

Saddened to read this. Rest In Peace Sheba II. ❤️❤️

#7 4 years ago

So sorry. Such a hard day, I know. Tuxedo cats are the best! Try to remember that you were blessed to spend part of your life with all of hers.

#8 4 years ago

My condolences indeed on your family member passing . We have had three pass within past 3 years at 10, 12, and 13 years old die. I miss them dearly even though I have taken on three more strays in the meantime.

#9 4 years ago

In my world, that would be dimmed a lot. Sorry for your loss and can relate. It’s always hard to lose a part of the family.

#10 4 years ago

Sorry to hear. 13 years is a good life and looks from the pic you got to enjoy all of it

#11 4 years ago

Just want to add to the love and offer my condolences. Everyone was so kind to me after just losing both my kitties. There are a lot of good people (and good cats) on here.

Hang in there.

Sorry for your loss.

#12 4 years ago

Sorry to hear, every cat mom and dad here knows your pain. Youre not alone, take care.

#13 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#14 4 years ago

I am so sorry.

#15 4 years ago

sorry to hear, dogs and cats are every bit a family member that unfortunately you only get to know for a short period. Enjoy every minute you have with them. Our golden retriever died in 2012 after 13 years. We only were able to get another one within the last two months.

#16 4 years ago

Hard to lose a loved one. I'm sorry for your families loss.

LTG : )

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

Our cat of 13 years, Sheeba II, died last night in her sleep. She was a wonderful
    kitty with her own unique personality. A large black cat with four white 'socks'
    and a vest. She was raised around pinball machines and often enjoyed chasing
    the ball. Every time the ball drained she'd look over the lock bar to see where
    the ball fell out of the machine. Never did figure that out. Yet another valued
    part of the family that will be missed.
    Steve[quoted image]

Sorry for your loss, 13 is too young! Cats have a lot of time left in them. Too often with pets their passing can be painful and drawn out.
    It’s nice she was able to pass peacefully in her sleep.

#18 4 years ago

I’m sorry for your loss. I cherish the memories of all of them I’ve shared a life with over the years.

#19 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Steve.

It's hard to understand the pain and sorrow losing a pet causes. I remember my boy Roscoe, whom i had during middle/high school, college, law school, and afterwards, and having to have him put down at 16 years old. I balled like a baby. Literally sobbing at the vets.

THE most painful thing i had to ever do. Thankfully, in your case, she went peacefully in her sleep.

Just know you made that little girls life very happy and enjoyable. That should serve you well going forward. And when you're ready, hit the shelters. Someone will be beyond grateful to see you.

#20 4 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss Steve. It's horrible going through the loss of a pet.

#21 4 years ago

Peace to you.

#23 4 years ago

Sorry for your lost kitty.

#24 4 years ago

Sorry man. Its the biggest heart ache ever of loosing our pets. They are our family and its just as big of a loss as a person. They have their own little personalities that are so endearing. When you come home and have a shitty day, guess who's the first one waiting to great you. They live for you. Hang in there.

#25 4 years ago

"bummer, man" is the first thing that springs to mind, but it's not nearly enough. That sucks ass. Glad she didn't suffer through a chronic issue though. I had to go through watching that previously with one of mine, and it almost broke me.

#26 4 years ago

Sorry to hear this, Steve. She looks like a sweet little girl. I’m sure she was fuzzball full of endless love. I know you have a hole in your heart right now, but hopefully each day will get a little easier for you. When we lose our furry friends, the pain of missing them never goes away but i always try to think of the best times I had with them to help ease my sadness. Hang in there, buddy. I’m sure you gave her a really great life and she appreciated it tremendously.

#27 4 years ago

Stay strong! Tough times , I have found the loss of pets has always hit me harder than the loss of human life..
    So pure , glad to see you , never complain , no second agenda’s , just love !

#28 4 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it can be devastating. Our last cat lived to be 20, even with kidney disease. He was a real character. He chased almost anything that moved. One time I was using the computer and all of a sudden the mouse would not move. I thought maybe it wasn't plugged in well and looked behind the computer. There he was. He had bitten through the mouse cord. We think of him every day.

#29 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss Steve. As a father of 5 cats, I know your pain. I had a Sheeba many years ago and your post reminded me of her again. Those little fur balls are so special, I hope when the time is right, you rescue another kitten that is in need of a good home.

7FBD1005-50C4-45FE-8369-24598B40BD58 (resized).jpeg7FBD1005-50C4-45FE-8369-24598B40BD58 (resized).jpeg89FF0D4A-4563-4B13-B31E-2D323A4A30ED (resized).jpeg89FF0D4A-4563-4B13-B31E-2D323A4A30ED (resized).jpeg
    #30 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your nice comments and support. It helps more than you know.
    It'll be difficult for a while. She was my best friend wanting nothing more than to
    be with me.

Here's my pinball-cat story;

I've always been a dog person and have had many. My father hated cats so was
    never exposed to them. When I hooked up with the lady that became my wife,
    after she moved in she wanted a kitten. So I got one for her. Great cat! Soon after that
    I bought a house that was twice the size of my first and was looking around for
    things to fill the empty spaces. Thats when I discovered pinball. Got a dead
    Gtb Spiderman which I soon had restored. Wifee liked it and as we all know pins
    are like Lays potato chips. You can't have just one. After 5 or 6, wifee tried to
    put the brakes on getting more by wanting one kitten for each new pin.
    13 cats later she gave up not realizing I really liked cats! We're down to two cats
    and two dogs now which is fine. And 51 pinball machines, 25 classic vids and a
    few jukes.
    Steve

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

Wifee liked it and as we all know pins
    are like Lays potato chips. You can't have just one. After 5 or 6, wifee tried to
    put the brakes on getting more by wanting one kitten for each new pin.
    13 cats later she gave up not realizing I really liked cats!

We feel your loss. Please try to post a more recent photo of your Sheeba in adult stage.
    We have 9 indoor cats currently, and I better not let my wife get "air" of the idea of one new cat per pinball machine.

#32 4 years ago

Hello Steve. I had a cat that I was extremely close to that I lost. It is such a hard thing to go through. I can sympathize with you right now. I am very sorry for your loss.

2 weeks later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-world-dimmed-a-little-cat-died?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.