IMG_4743 (resized).JPG
IMG_4724 (resized).JPG
IMG_4717 (resized).JPG
IMG_4715 (resized).JPG
IMG_4703 (resized).JPG
IMG_4698 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

The Wizard Of Oz: A WOZ journey along the Yellow Brick Road

Thought I would post up the RR WOZ and its Journey of MOD's and issues, to include of course documented fixes and repairs for any one with the same issues or interests in mods.

I began my WOZ Journey in Afghanistan, yes you read correctly, AFGHANISTAN! After getting settled into my 4th deployment I went ahead and put my deposit down on my RR after a plethora of back-and-forth emails to Jack himself, of which he replied to each one. I informed him that it would be a while before I could take game into possession due to my circumstance, but he was very accommodating and understanding, Jack even had my playfield protector and cliffy protectors installed at the factory for me. About half way into my deployment I heard of a rumor about the 2.0 lighting system and asked if I could have that installed, so Jack said he would check with the production manager. A week went by and I was feeling kind of down due to events that happened on base and previous missions when I went to check my email and it was from the Production manager informing me that they were going to install the NEW 2.0 lighting system! I gotta say the boost in morale was exactly what I needed and made my entire month and for a few days of reading the email over and over and over again I was on cloud nine and flying through a bunch of them during missions too…….kinda bumpy……anyway, I went ahead and flew a combat flag and signed certificate from my air crew for the whole gang at Jersey Jack Pinball to show my appreciation! I think I may be one of the few owners of a 2.0 LED system that is before 12/16. During my leave I had a few speed bumps with delivery and I was informed they would not be able to deliver game on time While I was on leave and would have to reschedule. This was going to be a problem as I had family coming in and weather was going to be twister style for the next week, so I called Jen over at JJP and told her of my dilemma and she said she would call me back in a few. Jen must have went DRILL SARGE on the shipping company because they called me back apologizing for the delay and informed me they would be there toot sweet! Thanks a bunch Jen!

Had a few issues right out of box, largely due to shipping, imagine that, but Frank, Victor and Jen got me squared away! For new 2.0 owners make sure you are on the new 6.11 code, Victor will send you a file and downloading is a whole heck of lot simpler than how you originally needed to download updates. No additional programs to utilize to apply a code update. Just drag and drop a file onto USB go under USB in menu and download. Victor and I got to talking and when it got out what I do on my civilian side of things when not deployed he suggested that I might be able to do tech service for JJP for my area. I was happy to be added to the TECH list at JJP as I already service various fun centers and have my own arcades in malls here.

As you can see from pictures I have already began installing some amazing additions and have a few mods in development that will add to every WOZ owner’s experience. Check back for updates as I begin my journey!

IMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPG
IMG_4295 (resized).JPGIMG_4295 (resized).JPG
IMG_4489 (resized).JPGIMG_4489 (resized).JPG
IMG_4685 (resized).JPGIMG_4685 (resized).JPG
IMG_4687 (resized).JPGIMG_4687 (resized).JPG
IMG_4688 (resized).JPGIMG_4688 (resized).JPG
IMG_4695 (resized).JPGIMG_4695 (resized).JPG
IMG_4698 (resized).JPGIMG_4698 (resized).JPG
IMG_4703 (resized).JPGIMG_4703 (resized).JPG
IMG_4715 (resized).JPGIMG_4715 (resized).JPG
IMG_4717 (resized).JPGIMG_4717 (resized).JPG
IMG_4724 (resized).JPGIMG_4724 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPGIMG_4743 (resized).JPG
IMG_4756 (resized).JPGIMG_4756 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Awesome story man. Can't wait to own one of these one day, might just be my next one, after Sinbad of course.
Thank you for your service.

#3 6 years ago

Great story and great game. We love ours, and it's been great. Jjp games are amazing. Congrats and thanks for serving.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing your story!

#5 6 years ago

Right on man - great stuff & really looking forward to this & thanks for your service!

#6 6 years ago

LED Emerald City

#7 6 years ago

LED BUTTONS

IMG_4829 (resized).JPGIMG_4829 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

Anyone interested in a witches well and extra witch project? I started working on her but she needs more shaving and sanding to fit. I just have no use for as I have the red smoke mod

IMG_4861 (resized).JPGIMG_4861 (resized).JPG

IMG_4863 (resized).JPGIMG_4863 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

New monitor I/O pcb having some difficulties, hopefully they will be sorted out come Monday.

IMG_4865 (resized).JPGIMG_4865 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Your WOZ looks great - any progress?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Your WOZ looks great - any progress?

Just have this issue to get sorted and I am good to go. Putting in my custom side graphics soon so pics will follow.

IMG_4869 (resized).JPGIMG_4869 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

For those on the BETA 6.11P code you may have to cycle power once or twice if you notice that some LED's are not corresponding with targets. Hopefully new code will fix this soon. I have also noticed that SOTR feature does not click flippers three times on 6.11P.

#13 6 years ago

I always thought there should be something there, so I came up with this.

IMG_5022 (resized).JPGIMG_5022 (resized).JPG

IMG_5012 (resized).JPGIMG_5012 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

For those on the BETA 6.11P code you may have to cycle power once or twice if you notice that some LED's are not corresponding with targets. Hopefully new code will fix this soon. I have also noticed that SOTR feature does not click flippers three times on 6.11P.

It still does. It's random whether you get it or not like it always has been.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It still does. It's random whether you get it or not like it always has been.

I must be on the bottom of the random list, because I have yet to get it since updating to new code, meh

#16 6 years ago

Just noticed that is a sticker, not a topper. Looks good. Where did you find it?

#17 6 years ago

That looks great!!!

Did you make that, or buy it somewhere?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Didn't your machine come with the 75th anniversary topper?

It does but the space between speaker still needed something, I was thinking of making a custom emerald city for those with ECLE's

#19 6 years ago

It does but the space between speaker still needed something, I was thinking of making a custom emerald city for those with ECLE's

Looks good. Sorry, I originally thought it was a topper. I like it

3 weeks later
#20 6 years ago

RUBY RED WALLS!

IMG_5154 (resized).JPGIMG_5154 (resized).JPG

IMG_5157 (resized).JPGIMG_5157 (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago

First of all, thank you for your service. I bought RR just after full production, & love it. I also have added several mods. A lit winkie target does a lot, it is at the same people you got the throne room mod from. How did you get red walls? It looks great. I also had monitor pcb trouble,Frank sent me another one. JJP are good people. Mine kept blowing fuses, too. It is picky about the brand,it seems. Beautiful game.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

First of all, thank you for your service. I bought RR just after full production, & love it. I also have added several mods. A lit winkie target does a lot, it is at the same people you got the throne room mod from. How did you get red walls? It looks great. I also had monitor pcb trouble,Frank sent me another one. JJP are good people. Mine kept blowing fuses, too. It is picky about the brand,it seems. Beautiful game.

Thanks. I picked up some auto car wrap off of eBay. ebay.com link: itm

I will let ya know how it holds up, just installed tonight.

1 month later
#23 6 years ago

RR is still going strong, a few bugs with most recent code, mostly to do with start ups with 2.0 system. Had my LED swapped and it works perfectly now. The RR walls are holding up nicely and look fantastic. Working on a custom apron LCD mod but am still having splitting issues, I will get it figured out eventually. Have some solid ideas for more mods currently in development, will update with some progress soon.

4 years later
#24 2 years ago

YOUTUBE VIDEO of game walk through

1 month later
#25 2 years ago

What a work of art ... the "stock" machine from the factory is amazing, but the numerous touches added to this one really make it special, wow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wizard-of-oz-a-woz-journey-along-the-yellow-brick-road and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.