2ofClubs-cute_(resized).jpg
Joker-card_(resized).jpg
ace_of_spades_(resized).png
wife_card_(resized).jpg
spock_(resized).png
credit-card_o_895652_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DogInPants2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago

By some guys' definition around here I guess I'm a great big ol' fat fuckin' pussy then. It's not like I'm asking permission but I do feel like I should have enough respect for my wife to discuss and agree (or not) on a purchase as major as a pinball machine. If it's $500 or $5,000, it doesn't matter IMO. If you're one of those guys where a $5K (or more these days) purchase doesn't affect your household budget whatsoever then congratulations, you've won the life game. But I'm sure a vast majority of people in any expensive hobby are not in this situation.

What I don't get is, why would someone waste a sellers time and go look at a game and use this "wife card" thing. If you didn't like the game or it wasn't in the condition you thought it should be in for the price or couldn't agree on price, just say so and tell the guy, "Sorry, this game isn't for me". But don't bullshit him around. If you DO really have to discuss it with you're spouse, then you fucked up! You should have had that done already before even wasting the sellers time and you could have driven away with the game right then and there.

Any game I've ever bought, WE discussed it and decided that I would buy the game as long as it checked out condition wise. And you know what?... She's never told me "no". And yes, I used the word WE. Nothing wrong with the word WE, and if you do think that WE isn't the way it should be, you should have never gotten married in the first place.

And I personally don't buy all this "I buy what I want, when I want it, I don't need to ask anyone, I do what I want" macho-bullshit either. I work with a guy that has this kind of attitude about life in general and honestly, he's a sad, sorry ass, lonely, sack of shit that's constantly looking for attention and he thinks that's the only way to get it.

Discuss <changes into flame retardant suit>

-Steve

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Wow, and not the naked robot on the playfield?!?

I guess if there's no nipples, it's not naked.

My wife would tease the crap out me and make fun saying that's the only reason I bought the game. But she'd never make me get rid of it because of some artwork. LOL

-Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 26.50
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wife-card?tu=vdrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.