2ofClubs-cute_(resized).jpg
Joker-card_(resized).jpg
ace_of_spades_(resized).png
wife_card_(resized).jpg
spock_(resized).png
credit-card_o_895652_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DogInPants2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

All of my close friends, when they use it, it's 100% legit...because they all want to get away from their wives.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

The wife card routine gets me angry-really angry-when a buyer tries to employ it I simply shut down and ALL negotiations are off. I cannot believe men can be:
A) Pussies for even using this tact. Seriously, do they have not enough backbone to make deals without involving their wives??!?
B) So disrespectful TO their wives that they make them out to be raging bitches??
C) If (B) is indeed true, that they cannot stand up to them and tell them to get their own hobbies & stay the f*ck out of theirs.
I've thrown guys out of my house for doing this. Quite a few times now that I think of it. the last time was just earlier this month when I was selling a small Honda motorcycle. The phone was ringing off the hook for this thing so I told the 1st guy who called to meet me. He INSISTED that we meet at a public place. I told him "No, we're meeting at my home, if you don't want this and are going to be playing games, please move on" So he gets up the 'courage' to actually show up at my house, he's nearly an hour late, and he with his wife (maybe for 'protection', lol). He nervously introduces himself and proceeds to look at the bike. He likes it, starts it and runs it a bit and makes me an offer for $50.00 less than I had it listed for. I accept it, as it was a fair offer and he said he had cash. He then goes over to "The Wife" and asks if they think they can swing it. She flatly says "NO!" He meekishly walks over to me and says, "We don't think this is a good idea right now". I'm like, "really??!? WE??" So after wasting time dealing with this milksop, I tell him good luck in finding another bike that wifey will approve of and, oh, by the way, when you go to buy it, make sure that you leave HER at home but be sure to take your balls with you that she's keeping in her purse. They both got in their SUV and drove off.
The sad & scary thing is this. THIS is America 2016 and these entitled assholes are typical. You may not like what I'm saying, but it's much more common now than it ever was.

This post pretty much explains why I'm anti-marriage.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude!...you have to meet the right woman. My wife is an incredible woman and this scenario would NEVER have happened with her. It's all in who you choose to walk the aisle with.

Finding the right woman is like finding a franchise quarterback...they are so hard to come by.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

But they do exist

10 in a country of 300 million.

#80 7 years ago

All my friends say I'm anti-marriage and anti-kids.

I disagree.

I'm just anti-anything that sucks.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It is also related to different perspectives. Some spouses (because it is not just males, some females could play the husband card) like pinball and some do not. Technically, I own all the games, but my wife likes Taxi. If I sold it, I have consequences. Therefore, I do not sell it unless my plan is to replace it with a title she likes. The ability to adjust and respect your partner is not just a pinball thing, it pertains to all facets of a marriage. The relationships that are too one sided....well, they simply don't last. That's happened for 3 out of 6 children in my wife's family.

If I found a woman that just listened to and did everything I said, I would be married in a heartbeat.

I would've been the perfect husband in the 1750's, but I do like indoor plumbing.

#183 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind being married.......just not legally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wife-card?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.