Topic Stats

• 206 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

xenon_10_(resized).jpg
speedfreak_(resized).jpg
magnum_049_(resized).jpg
whip1_(resized).jpg
P1050934_(resized).JPG
jets_009_(resized).jpg
foldem_(resized).jpg
image.jpeg
2ofClubs-cute_(resized).jpg
Joker-card_(resized).jpg
ace_of_spades_(resized).png
wife_card_(resized).jpg
spock_(resized).png
credit-card_o_895652_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DogInPants2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

The wife card can be valid. Sometimes you want to negotiate out what the price of something may be but you do need to get final approval from your significant other and perhaps he/she blows it up for whatever reason.

It is overused as a convienent excuse, but sometimes is certainly valid.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Really? Do people really have to get approval from their wives for hobby stuff?

Sometimes it is certainly appropriate.

"I'd like to buy your BBB you have listed for 20k. I don't want to pay more than 17.5k. Before I bring this up with my wife would you accept a 17.5k offer."

I think that's reasonable. Just depends on the spouse. I'm lucky to have a spouse into pinball so not so much an issue with me.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

10 in a country of 300 million.

I couldn't find one of the ten here. I went with a European import.

I knew I was golden when the Apron of Destiny allowed her to be the only female to ever autograph it.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But pins are a strange breed. The money can be a couple of hundred to thousands and there is a visibility about the games as part of the living space. If a guy has a game room with a few pins the wife knows how many are there. Some household do care about a few hundred dollars and it could start an argument.

Great post and so true. It is the in the face nature of pin collecting that almost mandates you let the wife know what's coming or going.

My wife (for example) hates roaches, she would not be happy to see a SST in the house just due to the playfield toy bugs. I have to respect that as it is her house too.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

LOL!! Hubby says welcome to his world!! He always tells folks that tell him how lucky he is that I like pins as much as he does if not more to be careful what they wish for!! Although I have calmed down some since the beginning!!
Phoebe

Yup, PavBall has gotten just as into pinball as me. In fact, she plays more often than me now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside