2ofClubs-cute_(resized).jpg
Joker-card_(resized).jpg
ace_of_spades_(resized).png
wife_card_(resized).jpg
spock_(resized).png
credit-card_o_895652_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
DogInPants2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I'm not wealthy, neither is my wife, so maybe our situation is different. But I don't think it is a bad idea to discuss expensive purchases beforehand with your significant other. I just do it as a courtesy, I've never been told no. I don't need her permission, and she doesn't need mine. We just like to let each other know what we're spending money on. I don't think that's a bad position to be in.

I don't have first hand experience with this...but have several friends that do, whenever they are going to buy something (pin, car parts etc.) they always say have to check with the wife to see if she'll let me?? I can buy pretty much what I want, (except AC/DC Luci cause he says he doesn't like the game, and it is too overpriced!) but in general, we are free to buy what we want when we want...I usually discuss big purchases like NIB pins or my truck with him, but if I see a pin on CL, I do the deal and will usually text him and tell him to meet me on site to help load it... I did buy our 1 and only NIB MET kind of on the sly...He wanted one, and we had agreed that we would get one (and sold a few pins to fund it) but when I ordered it, I told him (he wanted an LE) that Trent was out of LEs so he would have to wait till one went up for sale. I had ordered a Roadcase soon as I found out the LEs were gone. I finally did have to tell him because I went on 2 day road trip with Trent to (help him deliver and bring his truck back to his place while he flew to a tourney) pick it up...but he didn't know for sure till then.
As far as the "hubby" card...it only applies to me getting a Luci at this point!!

Phoebe

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've got the opposite problem, wife expects me to keep up this rate of buying and fixing up pins. Don't get mad at me if my broken, battered carcass shows up to pick up a pin with a weary, "My wife said we need this." Just give me a cold beer and a hug and help me get that thing in the car.
j/k guys, we love being pinheads pretty much equally. she just has more time to indulge, which is why she's always at pin league while i'm working overtime.

Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Lol. I think I've created a monster. Ever since pinball at the zoo. My girlfriend wants me to find a WCS94 or a Demo man asap. She played them both and loves road trips. She was pushing me to drop everything and contact a seller in NY to go get one. I told her we can find closer ones and to be patient. Lol. We'll see how long that lasts.

LOL!! Hubby says welcome to his world!! He always tells folks that tell him how lucky he is that I like pins as much as he does if not more to be careful what they wish for!! Although I have calmed down some since the beginning!!

Phoebe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Altoona, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-wife-card?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.