(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

One of the longest games I have owned! 18 years, I think.
For about 10 years it was stored, and I only opened and shopped earlier in the year.
Gosh this game is so damn good! I wish I could use original Who music, but I am OK.
When finished, the ramps flowed like a NIB!
It hasnt lost its luster of play, and is always a joy....every game ends in a smile!
Id stick my neck out to say, if you are looking for a killer game that seems to be in the 2-3K range...
this ones a must!
Redid the lights, of course, and Ill be adding new 6.3V lighting affects to the plane in the near future....
I have some cool ideas with our new products, like Post lights shining down from the bottom of the plane
to light or flash with inserts.....
Anyway, a Few pics too...one day Ill be a better photographer! Still, id like to Play TimeBandits! Get er Done!

tommy4.jpg tommy21.jpg tommy5.jpg tommy22.jpg tommy23.jpg tommy24.jpg

If you had a kit for this Art I would buy it!

1 month later
#140 8 years ago

I need to post a pic but I put blue Titan rings in the flippers and slings and think they are the best, really playing off the blue in the pf.

3 weeks later
#186 8 years ago

Maybe without post sleeves that mode wouldn't be a complete loss. Gonna have to try this. Only concern is where the ball hits the guide on the left and bashing it to bits. Perhaps a sleeve on the left and none on the right? Anyone without sleeves there have thoughts on how the guide holds up there?

3 months later
#274 8 years ago

I just loaned my Tommy to the Springer Opera House who is doing a production of Tommy. First time putting a machine 'on location' in any way. Not going to earn from it (other than tickets to the show) but interested in seeing how it does.

1 week later
#285 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just ordered the colorDMD! My Tommy will be in the Papa Circuit Event at SFGE the weekend of June 10th!

I beta tested this, it looks great!

#286 7 years ago

You will have to do a little mod to the speaker panel, cutting out the top back flap to fit the CDMD, but it's not too much of a hassle.

#316 7 years ago

If anyone coming to SFGE wants Tommy roms burned. Send me a PM. I'll do as many as I have blanks for, or you can bring yours to me and I'll erase and reprogram them at expo. See you in Atl!

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from williams:

Since you are familiar with this can you give some incite into how the original scoring worked? I've heard rumors that this was never completed, hitting the targets didn't actually work, etc. Just wondering if any of that is true or what the crazy scoring was.

I've wondered this as well but most of the time I think the targets on my game aren't sensitive enough.

2 weeks later
#378 7 years ago

I've been putting blue Titans in mine. They look and play great.

5 years later
#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Wouldn't have been nearly as good without all your suggestions. Was a blast tossing ideas back and forth with you!
For everyone else... Ive was the my main source for rules change ideas for Tommy. There is a good reason why IVE is now #2 in the default high score initials.
Dan Loosen also suggested a bunch of changes for Tommy. Matt Schmidt lent me his game so I could do the update. Many thanks to them too!

This likely isn't the place for this, but I had to quit using the alternate 5 code a while back because, during tournaments, sometimes when people would get a multiball going and 4 or more balls were on the playfield, occasionally the game would just reset. It never happens with the original software and it seemed totally random. May put it back in just cause I liked the changes quite a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.