(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,003 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AF762282-A3F5-4714-847F-7C764A3E4640 (resized).jpeg
GEDC5612.JPG
GEDC5611.JPG
GEDC5609.JPG
image (resized).jpg
GEDC5585.JPG
GEDC5565.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3135 (resized).jpg
IMG_3136 (resized).jpg
Tommy (resized).jpg
IMGP4408 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
11200769_881764665231364_3844992065618555698_n (resized).jpg
ECF6089B-E32C-4408-83D6-485C4FDB5300 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 3 years ago

Mayfair no longer has the targets. I just emailed to buy one.

9 months later
#475 2 years ago

I replaced mine with a 10" polished stainless steel gazing ball and its a huge improvement to me. The scale is better and the ball is unbreakable

3 months later
#513 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Get a new silverball target? Seriously, the blade switch on the target was never designed for such a heavy ball in place of the plastic piece. You'd be better off just putting a new silverball target back in place and replace it when it gets worn if it bugs you.

The problem is that the silverball targets are unobtanium. I've only seen a couple of NOS ones for sale in the last 4 years. None of the vendors have them.

1 month later
#566 2 years ago

Just because of the theme "mirrored ball" and the topper, I think that mirror blades work best with the theme of this game. I love the skins, but the whole reflective sides just fit better to me.

11 months later
#750 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know they're rare, but you forgot the topper.

Freakin hilarious (and I'm a Pats fan).

1 year later
#924 81 days ago

Have you tried a heat gun or hair dryer to warm them up and soften the adhesive?

1 week later
#947 70 days ago

I don't get the NOS silver ball value. I used a mirror garden ball that was just slightly larger (I wanted to see the effect a little better) that cost all of $20 online and I don't think a person on the planet would know it's not OEM. Idiotic to spend that kind of cash when you could get a color DMD, etc. instead that would enhance the experience of the game so much more.

2 weeks later
#970 53 days ago

Sigh... can anyone give me an idea of where to look for this issue. Tommy flippers don't respond at all. When I go to the switch test, both flippers register. Yet, when I boot the game. Nothing. I think the trough is effed up as well. As the coil will kick a couple of times after it puts a ball in play but then the launcher won't work. I swear, DE games are WAY more buggy than my WMS/Bally games.

I've rebuilt the auto-launcher and flippers just because they needed it. This game has a ton of issues and I'm trying to work through them. I'm teaching myself as I go. Its rewarding but frustrating as hell. And Jesus, DE parts are unobtainium. A switch for the Super VUK was only available from one vendor and by the time is was shipped, it was $28 for one simple microswitch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside