(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Has anyone upgraded the speakers in their Tommy? I was considering looking into a Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity speakers/sub set and I'm curious how dramatic the difference is with the stock sounds and music.

I've had at least four 1993/1994 DE games and everyone I replaced the cabinet sub with a Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity. It made a big difference to my ears. The backbox speakers are fine (unless they are ripped or beat up). You definitely have to adjust the crossovers when you install the new sub, but its a great addition for not much money.

I never tried an external sub on my Tommy, but I've used them on other games. If you want really punchy bass pick up one of those polk external subs that are on sale at amazon now for about the same cost as replacing your internal cab speaker.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Can you tell me where/when Amazing Journey is played?

Amazing journey starts playing at the first jackpot during TOMMY multiball. Hit the lit ramp during multiball and it starts playing until the multiball is over.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not a bad list. As a WHO fan I think if I decide to get one of these it would have to have the pin sound upgrade with the actual WHO singing the songs. Sounds much better and I think it uses the relatively new remastered tommy soundtrack.

Its funny, as a WHO fan too, I thought I would want to replace the tracks too, but I really like the mix in the game, so its staying. I added a nice subwoofer to it and it sounds great.

1 week later
#95 8 years ago

ChadH,

Are there any unused callouts or DMD images?

Also, are the EXTRA BALL and SPECIAL actually possible in the Mystery awards? I have never seen either after 1500 plays on mine.
From the rules page these are the mystery awards ps
Max Bonus X: Set the end-of-ball bonus multiplier to 7x.
Max Skill Shot: Raise the value of all subsequent skill shots to 50M.
Double Scoring: Scoring is doubled for next 20 seconds; however you cannot start Tommy multiball nor start a UJ, so what's the point?
Super Pops: Pop bumpers are worth 1M a hit for rest of ball.
Million Spinners: Set spinners to maximum 1M per spin for rest of ball.
Silver Ball Lit: The silver ball is lit for 20M, same as completing 2 hits of each silver ball target.
Extra Ball: ?
Special Lit: ?

It might be interesting to force the plane in the video mode to the top so you don't get an automatic 13 million for watching it on autopilot!

#107 8 years ago

That is not the stock shooter lane guide on tommy. Tommy has a one piece shooter lane guide that starts even with the captive ball and ends in an angle at the loop. It's a one piece stainless steel guide.

Looks like yours has a 2 piece guide from another game. This is what the stock guide looks like, but I'm sure yours will work fine.
Img_0595.jpgImg_0595.jpg

#109 8 years ago

Oh, so its a guide on top of the stock guide? I see. Well then, sorry, I have never seen this on a TOMMY. Interesting!!! Thanks for the info.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Hey guys, On my Tommy, it seems like its too easy to get to multiball for hitting the mirror and advancing the letters in Tommy. Should it take 5 mirror hits to get to multiball?

Ball 1 you are spotted one TOMMY LETTER, so you start off with T
Ball 2 you are spotted two TOMMY LETTERS so you start off with TOM if you didn't hit the mirror.
Ball 3 you are spotted two TOMMY LETTERS so you start off with TOMMY, so basically multiball is all automatic on 3rd ball.

If you hit the mirror anytime on ball one or two you are 2-4 hits away from multiball.

2 weeks later
#135 8 years ago

Its a fairly hidden plastic under the ramp, so glue it and someday you'll find a replacement.
I use GOOP for mending plastics and its very durable and dries fast.

Quoted from Number41:

Here's an image of the plastic I'm desperately trying to find now...

1 month later
#196 8 years ago

So I was checking out the combos last night and was able to get them all but I was not able to get the Lyman Bonus described below.

Quoted from ChadH:

TOMMY COMBOS EXPLAINED!
Lyman Bonus - If you drain and are within 2 Million of the replay score, you will be awarded an extra 2 Million and you will get your replay - Scores 2 Million

I had replay score set to 550,000,000 and I drained with score of 547,015,870 and a bonus of 1,100,00 for a score of 548,115,870.
This is within the 2 million replay score but I didn't get a Lyman Bonus. Is there something else I need to do?

#197 8 years ago

Next question. I have been checking out the stacking options in TOMMY> Seems some of the modes stack with other modes but some don't. Why is this important? Well you can plan your strategy for points and completing the union jack based on what you can pile on with the stacking options. I concentrated exclusively on stacking last night and ripped thorough the union jack and made it to pinball wizard.

Here is a list of modes and what I have determined. Any changes/corrections?

Mode stacks?
------ ------
COUSIN KEVIN YES
CHRISTMAS YES
HOLIDAY CAMP YES
LiITE EXTRA BALL YES
SILVER BALL YES
SMASH THE MIRROR YES
FIDDLE ABOUT YES
ACID QUEEN YES
THERE'S A DOCTOR YES
SALLY SIMPSON YES
TOMMY SCORING NO
CAPTAIN WALKER NO
PINBALL WIZARD NO

#202 8 years ago

Thanks Chad, I figured it out.

Lyman bonus only happens on the LAST ball and only if you don't have any extra balls remaining. Your final score with bonus has to be less than 2 million from the replay value and you get the Lyman Bonus. I did it today. Awesome!

Quoted from ChadH:

Couple of questions... what is your Adjustment 3 (Replay Levels) set to? If it is "None" then Lyman Bonus will never happen.
Also... the score shown at the end of the game.. after the Bonus is added and JUST before the match sequence starts... that score was under but within 2,000,000 of the Replay Level?
Finally, you are sure the Replay Level was at 550,000,000?

1 week later
#220 8 years ago

Oh no! After 6 years of playing this game everyday my blinder arm finally broke
Everything else works fine, the motor, etc. Does anyone make a blinder arm?

3 months later
#371 7 years ago

That's about as close as you'll get it and mimics my setup. It looks perfectly normal during gameplay.

Quoted from williams:

Yes, I did trim the panel. It does lay flush with the 1/4 spacers but like you say, not near the front of the panel. I would say about the same as yours, enough to fit my pinky in gap. The pic I attached is after my installation.

1 month later
#390 7 years ago

I have never had a bounce out from the mirror hole, and very rarely have bounce outs from the scoop. This is certainly avoidable if other games aren't experiencing it. Give it another try, this is great game to be enjoyed.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

This, combined with the bounce out from the mirror hole, is the reason my Tommy sits idle. I've tried everything to resolve the issue with no luck. My brother in law loves it, but I really don't play it because of the bounce outs.

#394 7 years ago

I have no cliffys on either hole. Sounds like that's what is causing the bounce outs. Maybe the cliffys are not entirely flat....

5 months later
#511 7 years ago

Get a new silverball target? Seriously, the blade switch on the target was never designed for such a heavy ball in place of the plastic piece. You'd be better off just putting a new silverball target back in place and replace it when it gets worn if it bugs you.

Quoted from Yamisetatiggler:

Look what I've done!! The constant wear on the silverball target always irked me so I found a way of putting
a real ball in its place. Only problem is due to the extra weight the target moves back and forth after a hit and activates the switch multiple times, sometimes on a very solid hit it doesn't register at all. Anybody know a way to resolve this?

1 month later
#530 7 years ago

Contact John Wart at this page. I am sure he would burn the roms you need.
http://thatpinballplace.com/eproms/index.htm

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

New to the club, and I'm looking for two things to finish up my Tommy project.
I could definitely use a number of plastics, if not a full set. My Union Jack is destroyed, and I have a number of other warped/broken plastics that could be swapped out. I've gotten some PMs, but looking to network as much as possible to finish this bad boy up. I plan on adding Pinbits to avoid future breaks.
I'm also looking for someone to burn me the upgraded rom for the game. I would gladly pay whatever's fair for both.
I'll post before and after pics once everything is done. It's coming along nicely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.