(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,160 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinballjah
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

70C32622-7104-47D5-ACF9-84C47613A91A (resized).jpeg
280AE269-37F6-41E8-8BBA-8406D5AC4D02 (resized).jpeg
9C491D4E-0E5A-443F-B530-9D3DC0D7F515 (resized).jpeg
C757D300-0ACE-4B9C-85C2-1479432C30F9 (resized).jpeg
C77FCAA2-4B54-473A-BF9A-B24E15EC812B (resized).png
FD7C5E7D-8E24-452F-B43D-8C36CAF5A3B1 (resized).jpeg
67EDDADC-0ED3-4918-8CBD-1B260C03EA75 (resized).jpeg
Tommy Translite NEW prv (resized).png
5CB1CCB5-1DB5-4F5A-8E71-1CFE2AC64D89 (resized).jpeg
9C745347-7A23-41B5-BB42-69AC6A49DDF3 (resized).jpeg
E1B643D3-F4B7-450F-8E25-10D7D2232A0F (resized).jpeg
2BE4F305-E685-4C56-92BB-9EE902C609E4 (resized).jpeg
6FD68B94-7D5F-4E0F-AA0E-63DA926872B7 (resized).jpeg
A4081EA4-501F-433D-A50C-508F06732762 (resized).png
snip1 (resized).JPG
B8D7CE64-56EE-4804-8301-C3BD1797513F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilmarnock1350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Has anyone ever experienced a tilt error on multiball? I was rocking it, blinders out after both jackpot shots. Hammering away on flippers and the game tilted out and shut down. The blinders opened and closed multiple times during the tilt phase. Seemed to last longer than normal and I got no danger warning. It was almost like the machine glitched out. Sucks because I was having a hell of a game. I didn't physically tilt.

Sounds like a phantom slam tilt. This happens when the switch matrix gets tricked into thinking the slam tilt switch is closed.

I've trouble shot on Williams machines and fixed it. But not on data east.

Check out phantom slam tilts in search.

such as: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-95-gameplay-issues

Pretty sure there's some pinwiki about phantom closures as well.

See if this helps! Check every diode and connection. It HAS to be a combination of 4 switches closing at same time... and the slam tilt is one of them. Get out the matrix and and start looking at possible combinations. It's a pain in the butt... but solves a MAJOR problem.

If it only happens in multiball... I'd start with trough switches since those are normally closed during non-multiball game play.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Is there any interest in a plug'n'play

I like the Mod TNT did with the airplane lights... it's on youtube.

1 month later
#567 2 years ago

Waiting for the results! Do you make these yourself?

1 month later
#587 2 years ago

Anybody using pinsound? Anyone have alternate file versions to share? I'm going to play with mine. Ability to tweak the sounds and add our own flavor is awesome.

I'll share mine once I sit down and play with it. Faster Who songs probably suit action packed pinball better. Tough to merge, creativity is s great talent of which I'm limited.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

I think i will create a new pinsound mix, live version.
and probably use this one DVD : The.Who.Tommy.Live.with.Special.Guests.1989
Anyone already tried ? or have ideas for the best live records to start from ?

Live in Leeds is outstanding.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

I think i will create a new pinsound mix, live version.
and probably use this one DVD : The.Who.Tommy.Live.with.Special.Guests.1989
Anyone already tried ? or have ideas for the best live records to start from ?

Please share when you do. I'll do the same.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I like the Live at Leads versions but they might blow up the machine.

Got to wire up a shaker motor to the tune "Shaking all over" from Leeds.

Yes. This is a MUST.

#594 2 years ago

What is the right configuration for the wire form ball guide on the inside just past the right spinner?

The spinner bracket has been bent and the wire form doesn't fit in the grey post cut out.

This area always slows the ball down so I assume the spacing should be a tad wider with the wire form guide riding in the post cutout.

Thoughts?

IMG_1276 (resized).JPG

IMG_1277 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#601 2 years ago

Can someone send a pic of where the underplayfield supports/rests are attached?

I have two, but they aren't attached and it isn't apparent where they're intended to go.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

For those of you that have upgraded the auto launch to the newer stern style, how far back did you mount it? I have an issue with mine where if I mount it where I have seen pictures online showing it, the plunger is too short to make contact with the ball. Hoping someone might have some measurements or some advice for me.

Haven't heard of this upgrade. Where to buy? Online blog/reading?

Any pics would be great. Pretty quiet thread here. Let's keep it going!

Color DMD, pinsound and speakers going in soon.

1 week later
#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

Works perfectly - shakes whenever the propellers are on.

Does it shake at full speed? I think that would drive me nuts... I like the Pig2 controller, let's you customize the shaking power, and modulate the shaker to get great "throbbing" effects that a propeller driven engine provides. AND saves any circuit board "adjustments"

Interesting idea. Now that the Pig2 isn't being distributed by DK pinball, somebody needs to mass produce those things and sell them. Wonder if they're patented...

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If someone has a spare pig2, to sell me I could make a new version and share the files

Do you mean to reproduce the circuit card? Or just the software. I have one, need more.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think the software is out there somewhere, I wanted to repro the board and make the files available online

Do you have the means to repro the card? I don't know how it's done. I have one.

I have the coding for programming the features, but I don't have any software for the microcontroller etc on the board. I don't know a lot about how it works. Although programming the features, mods etc is made easy by the software onboard.

If you have the means I may be willing to lend mine, but they're hard to come by and don't want to lose it.

1 week later
#626 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just don't color match the GI and the backbox

Agree for the most part. More importantly, frosted or no domes? (super brights)?? Owner specific

A few GI areas do look better when color matched, almost always rollover guides, pop bumpers... although lately I've been using clear pop caps and super brites. My fav right now on a couple games is clear pop caps and slow color changers.

Some times you can get some cool background color effects, especially in the back of the games (top of the playfield) however, the more color you add the darker the entire playfield becomes.

Backboxes can get some great color affects with highlights etc using color, but still the majority should be cool/warm white.

2 months later
#635 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Almost done. Still have to clean the right ramp, rebuild the two lower flippers, and finish a few light mods.

Where did you get the yellow posts? The fat ones on the sling corner posts.

Ps. Looking good!

IMG_2692 (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#649 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I don't have the notorious spinner killing the ball issue,

I do! Is there some reading here somewhere about this? Right spinner for me. Almost impossible to make the right ramp from that shot.

Thanks in advance!

1 month later
#726 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Upgrade to the newer style autoplunger, it makes a huge difference.

How can you tell the difference between the old and newer auto plunger? Part number or link did the new one?

Thanks!

4 months later
#754 1 year ago

Anybody have issues with their right ramp? Tough shot to make, a Low or late shot hits that metal guide that does NOT help it. The coil and flipper are sting, recent rebuild.

I shot from the ball out of the mystery saucer RARELY has enough umph to get all the way up.

The orbit shot from the left flipper is super tight behind the spinner and therefore almost impossible to arrive at the upper flipper with enough momentum.

The shot from the Shooter lane is the only shot that arrives consistently at the upper flipper with enough umph to get up the ramp.

It’s very rewarding to hit, just not sure it’s supposed to be that tough to hit.

#755 1 year ago

How are you controlling the motor? The old PIG2 system was really good you could control it from just about anything, a flasher, white, or any coil.

1 week later
#763 1 year ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi guys,
I finally found some time to put a stern ball launcher and no more weak ball that stays in the launching rail during multiball. That's a great improvement !
One question, when shooting right orbit, the spinner slows the ball so much that i can barely reach the upper part and the skill shot area. Same for others ? The spinner moves well, rotates fast, seems it drains all the kinetic energy from the ball..

Check the ball guide just behind the right spinner. The wireform on the left. It can be bent to the right where the ball grabs it... also wax the hell out of it.

I’m seriously contemplating a smaller guage wire form. Mine has this issue.

1 month later
#778 1 year ago

How much for ramps, and wire ramps?

What about the mechanisms under the playfield? Vuk , subway, ball eject

How about the orbit ball guide and the Shooter lane guide that lifts the ball from Shooter lane into the orbit?

Also I’d like the mirror assembly

Please PM me!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oceanside, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 19.00
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilmarnock1350.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside