(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Lovin' mine. Had one for about two years and sold it to make room for something else (who knows what)...anywhooooo....loved the game, loved the music, missed the game...picked up another one in better shape...it's not leaving. I had a NOS proto Translite that I sold after the first game left. Wish I still had it. I love the art on both, but like the proto more.

6 months later
#349 7 years ago

How many of you Tommy lovers play the entire game with the blinders out? I love doing that every now and then. I did it on Clay's Tommy at the VFW show and put up a pretty good score. Great game. Mine's staying....

6 years later
#2105 1 year ago

Just picked up my Tommy a couple days ago (3rd one I’ve owned….it just keep finding it’s way back home to me..hahaha). Ordered Pinsound for it a couple weeks ago. Expecting it here soon. I know there are a number of different orchestrations for Tommy on Pinsound. That’s one of the response I got this one back. Wanting to hear The Who and not the Broadway Musical versions. Personal preferences on The Who versions? I see there are a number of them and am ready to experiment a bit. Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

9CC69BAF-B219-4438-BF55-7DBCAD0693AC (resized).png9CC69BAF-B219-4438-BF55-7DBCAD0693AC (resized).png
#2106 1 year ago

Received my Pinsound order. Now I see the power booster for DE games. Have you had experience with that? I didn't know about it and didn't order it. Hoping I won't need to. Any help?

Thanks.

#2109 1 year ago

Thanks pinballjah. I did download your latest version. I installed the thumbdrive. After downloading, I got the attract music to play. However whenever I start a game I get zero sound. I tried a couple other versions and had the same non results. Disappointing. Can I assume that a booster will fix that? I sent a message to Pinsound and am waiting for a reply. Do you think that the booster will solve that?

Thanks

#2110 1 year ago

I installed my recently purchased Pinsound board and speakers yesterday in my Tommy. . Had some issues with the files initially but worked through it with Nicolas at Pinsound and help from here. My issue is the headphones master. I installed it and went to use it, but the knob has nonstop to it and it doesn’t adjust the volume (meaning the knob just spins and spins all the way around…no way to turn it to 0 to change files or get any volume changes). I’m assuming it’s a defective unit? I reached out to Pinsound and am awaiting a reply. Anyone else have this issue ever?
I have the same setup installed in my IJ and it works great. This install is in a DE Tommy.
Thanks.

#2115 1 year ago

Got this from Timothee regarding the dial on the headphone jack:

“ HPS changed from analog pot to digital encoder few month ago to give a more up to date feeling, and we also plan to release another product making use of this encoder. That's why your board needed a software update to run it. I do confirm the dial is not a potentiometer, it's a step encoder with much more accuracy.
Both ends (min and max) are informed with a chime for user information.“

I got my sound issue worked out. Timothee had me update the firmware and we double checked the install connections. All good now.

Thanks Timothee and Nicolas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hogey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=hogey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.