(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,003 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 254 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AF762282-A3F5-4714-847F-7C764A3E4640 (resized).jpeg
GEDC5612.JPG
GEDC5611.JPG
GEDC5609.JPG
image (resized).jpg
GEDC5585.JPG
GEDC5565.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3135 (resized).jpg
IMG_3136 (resized).jpg
Tommy (resized).jpg
IMGP4408 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
11200769_881764665231364_3844992065618555698_n (resized).jpg
ECF6089B-E32C-4408-83D6-485C4FDB5300 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#642 1 year ago

On mine, the only plastic guard in that area is behind the right spinner,mounted on a spacer type post,next to ramp. Hope this helps, love my Tommy.

#647 1 year ago

The original sound of this game always ruined it for me. Believe me, the Pinsound pushed this game over the top. See Me Feel Me is after losing balls, I'm Free is 6 ball multi ball,for example, all The Who. Original speakers sound good. They mix original sounds also with The Who. Try you tube , pinsound, to hear it.

3 months later
#741 1 year ago

This thread, topic #259, has clear plastics map.

6 months later
#807 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone installed mirror blades in their Tommy? Any issues with clearance on the playfield sides? I feel like my cabinet might be warped and I don't want to install them only for them to get scratched up right away.

I installed mirror blades on my Tommy about a year ago. No issues,whatsoever. Looks great with all the gi & vuk going. Mine had plenty of clearance, If you are in question, test it with something else. Pin blades at tilt graphics are always an option.

3 weeks later
#823 1 year ago

Anyone needing or wanting a CPR playfield for their Tommy should go to their site. Go to the preorder section,boutique zone. They are measuring interest in making them. You simply need to vote yes, give email, no commitments. If there is enough of us, a new CPR playfield. Check it out.

1 month later
#830 10 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I put new decals on Tommy and getting ready to put back together. I didn't get good pictures of the connectors from and by the coin door. Can anyone snap pictures of what these plug in to for me?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I looked in mine, I have the same 2, not connected to anything. I bet they go to a bill or change accepter in the coin door. Mine totally works without them.

#833 10 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thanks guys... So there is 1 connector in first pic and 2 in the second pic. Sounds like non of these are hooked up on your machines? Was just confused since you guys said 2 connectors when there are 3 total. Thanks for taking time to look

Mine also has 3 connectors,not hooked up,near coindoor. Must be money related, mine works great without them.

1 week later
#835 10 months ago

I had the same problem, hope this helps.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#836 10 months ago

More, good luck.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#837 10 months ago
Quoted from topcat2:

Hi Guys
Can someone post a pic of the spotlight assembly and the plastic above it. been restoring my Tommy and bits have been
missing everywhere. Cant seem to find a close up anywhere to make one up
Cheers[quoted image]

If you need a specific picture, let me know. That is a crowded area.

1 week later
#841 9 months ago
Quoted from Gohigh54:

Hello all,
Picked up my first pin ever a few weeks ago and it is a Tommy! Played the game earlier this year and fell in love with it and now it is mine. It is a nice original example with an aftermarket ball topper. There are a few minor bumps and scratches, but otherwise really nice. The play field looks great to my untrained eye, with only some paint chipping around the VUK. There are a few lines were the ball rolls a lots, but it seems to come off with a little cleaning.
In the process of fixing a bunch of small items, I ordered two VUK plastic parts. Both are really nice, but the yellow color is orange. One was from Ebay and the other was from Bay Area Amusements. Neither matches anything on my machine. Does anyone have a source for more accurate units?
Here are some of the mods I put on since purchase:
ColorDMD
Upgraded Props
ROM V5
Replaced all rubber
Replaced the blinder server controller/motor (TNT)
Union Jack flipper overlays
Hole protector set
Future plans:
LEDs
Pinsound
Rebuild VUK relay (takes a few tries every once in a while)
Thank you,
Keith

Is the part you are looking for the vuk plastic? If so, I looked a long time for mine. It gets broken the most. Yours is yellow, right? By the way, I did the same upgrades to mine, wonderful game. CPR is taking votes right now to see if there is enough of us to reproduce a new playfeild. Sure would be nice.

1 month later
#848 8 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

My Tommy is missing the silverball. I got from a garden shop one of the outdoor silver balls. I have not figured out how to mount it on the head, so it does not accidentally fall off.
Any suggestions?

There is a good video on YouTube on this. Search Tommy pinball topper, sounds easy.

2 months later
#881 5 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

Thanks a million for the tips. The only DE I had previously owned was a Phantom of the Opera. It was a long time ago - actually the second pin I owned back in 97'. It may have been bad too, but it's been so long and I was so clueless I would not have noticed. I am glad to hear that I am not missing something.
The propellers look very cool, Thanks!
I'll check on the upgraded firmware tonight. Color DMD for sure.
Really liking this pin more than I thought. Just installed two Cliffy protectors last night - the mirror one is slated to go in tomorrow.
Thanks again...

You gotta get the color dmd, it does wonders . Because of the size of the translight, you can only go with color led. It is still very nice.

2 weeks later
#892 4 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

I am thinking about putting a color led display in my Tommy. Do you have to cut the speaker panel to do the color led display?

I put a color led in mine. You will love it. Fits right in, no cutting. LCD does not fit, translight is too big.

2 months later
#960 61 days ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Good luck sir! I was able to find one after a few months of searching and being picky. Unfortunately I was unable to see it in person and it was not exactly in the ‘excellent’ condition as promised by the owner. Cabinet was good; PF was good, just cheap hacks that I’ve been replacing. Side note, CPR is in preorder for the PF and have plastics in stock

I have been watching CPR for over a year.Still, in the "might make" section. I gave up and bought a restorable one on Pinside. Swapping it now, in my spare time. What a job.I got a great cabinet. I got it up your way at TPF two years ago.

1 month later
#992 28 days ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Question for the Tommy owners with the Color DMD; where did you tap into power? Instructions call for J16 on the power supply board, but on mine, there is no J16 and no power supply tap near the coin door like other DE titles.

image (resized).jpg
#993 28 days ago

For anyone wanting a NOS playfield, one is at auction on EBay.

#995 23 days ago

I just ordered a full plastics set for mine at CPR. Take a look at all the clear plastics you might be missing, like me. Lots of extra stuff, too. Pinbits has sets of plastics protectors for it, too. Check it out.

#997 23 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

I just install both in my Tommy. Very nice. Had a minor issue and the CPR folks totally jumped on it. The protectors are a great addition - especially on the judge VUK plastic that gets slammed from the inside as well as the outside.

I put protectors on all my games, if available. They sure do their job. Hunting for one broke plastic gets pretty aggravating.

#1002 22 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think they're for the printer?

Could be, mine are not attached to anything, either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 4,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hippy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside