(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#534 7 years ago

Hey guys new memberof the Tommy club. My all time favorite band combined with a well thought out game that's a lot of fun to play. What's not to like. I have a question posted in the general forum but thought this may give me some more direct answers. I bought new legs for my game (4 x 28.5" legs as it states in the manual). I can't get my playfield to pitch steeper than 5.6 degrees. So my question is, do you guys have longer legs on the back of your games? My next move is to buy two 30.5" legs for the back to get the pitch up, but was ineterested to see how everyone's games are set up in here.

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

My game has 4 x 28.5" legs as you mentioned - that's how it came from the factory as well. The leg levelers have 3" shafts (with bolts) with the front legs set low as they can go and the back legs almost as high as they can go (maybe less than a 1/2" of shaft to spare). This gets the angle to 6.5 degrees. Hope that helps!

Hmmm... that's how I have it set up. 3" levelers all the way down in the front, all the way up in the back. Thanks for checking.

#541 7 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like Marco sells single legs so I'll grab some longer ones for the back. Just really interesting that there are so many out there (Data East machines in general) with the same sized legs all around.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I recall playing a Tommy at PAPA several years ago. The front castors were screwed all the way in, the rear castors were screwed all the way out and it was floaty as hell. It was like they could not get a decent pitch on it with the legs maxed out. I wonder if there were variations in the cabinet's leg bolt locations?

I'm starting to think this is the case. I put the original legs back on that came with my game and with the back legs dimed, it was still barely 5.7 degrees. These legs were ratty too, so I'd imagine they'd been on there for a while. Surprised this hasn't been addressed before.

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Maybe this will help unravel the mystery - on my game the front lower bolt holes are roughly 3" up from the bottom of the cabinet and the back lower bolt holes are roughly 1" up from the bottom, so the hole height is offset to fit all equal 28.5" length legs.

You may hold the keys to the kingdom. Mine are more like 3" and 1.5" which would make the rear sit a bit lower than yours. I would be willing to bet .5" would give you (me) almost one degree of tilt. I think we can file this mystery in the solved folder for now. Thanks to all contributors and sorry for gumming up the thread. It really is a fantastic game (color DMD is a great add) and I love the gameplay, I just get hung up on these things sometimes. Now .....about that 5.0 code....

2 weeks later
#562 7 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

That was perfect. Thanks.

Nice avatar!

1 month later
#579 7 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Here ares some pictures of my "TOMMY" with an alternative backglass. It is a real backglass, not a translite. That, with my pinsound card with the real "WHO" singing makes this pin a long time keeper.

Where did you get that backglass? That's fantastic!

#590 7 years ago

I like the Live at Leads versions but they might blow up the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 45.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=chisox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.