(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 7 years ago

Hello. I have owned his game for a few months and finally getting it back together. Never played Tommy. I had the side rails powdercoated and also he acid queen scoop. It was nasty. I eventually will be asking binder questions. But I'm not close to there yet. I have changed to star posts by the slings. Like the prototype had and added cliffys to clean it up. I'm going to make a new wood shooter lane divider out of hard wood this weekend. Paint rather than covered.

The acid queen scoop looks like it takes a beating. What are the thoughts about putting a blue rubber pad on the back of it. Like used in Williams habit trail ends.
Thanks
FortyTwo

IMG_4688 (resized).JPGIMG_4688 (resized).JPG

IMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPG

#552 7 years ago

Can someone confirm this is correct for spinner mounting.
This was ether dissasembled by me over a month ago or by the previous owner a year ago. Trying to put the puzzle back together.
Thanks

IMG_4705 (resized).JPGIMG_4705 (resized).JPG

#555 7 years ago

Thanks. That answers two or three questions. Like where that clear peice with the bracket goes.
I have alotnof clear parts I don't know where they go yet. That's what's takes soo to put this together.

#557 7 years ago

Wow. That's awesome.
Exactly what I need. I can even answer some fastener order questions with those pics. I plan on sorting out all the plastics I have. (Two partial sets) and cleaning everything this week. Should get my parts and assemble the game this coming weekend.

Thanks.

#558 7 years ago

I'm still thinking of putting a blue rubber pad on the back of the acid queen scoop. Should help protect the plastic. Anyone done anything here?

#561 7 years ago

Thanks.
I decided to use some black foam. Positioned it high to help keep the ball down.
I have all but a few plastics. The one with yellow I think goes behind the vuk shoot but I have no bracket. Then I have the old and new clear rectangle. And the yellow peice.

IMG_4711 (resized).JPGIMG_4711 (resized).JPG

#563 7 years ago

Finally got the new wood rail installed. Original one for reference.

I figured out where the plastics went. All I need is a bracket for the one behind the vuk wireform and a ramp entrance wire.
I'm going to see if pb resource has them.

IMG_4716 (resized).JPGIMG_4716 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#650 6 years ago

I Just installed a stainless steel ball from Amazon. Because its a first position reflection the text and me are both clear. Made a video for my Channel.

#651 6 years ago

I plan on making a few more videos of tommy this weekend. I have some small projects i want to get done on it.

4 weeks later
#661 6 years ago
Quoted from vicrattlehead:

Thanks so much for the insight! I will be working on this tonight and tomorrow.

Oh man. I had this too. Was failing th skill shot. Ended up being bad diode on the trough. But also a wrongly connected diode. The through switch and lane switch was a different brand/style. So the middle lug was a different connection.

#667 6 years ago

Does anyone have a ratty vuk wireform they would sell me cheap. I'm building a home brew and looks like that is what I need. Hence ratty. I'll get it powdercoated.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Make sure each switch is wired correctly. I’ve seen switches that have wires soldered to the incorrect lugs that would cause issues.

Yes this x 100. Different brand switches have the common in different order. So the diode can be wired wrong. That caused a lot of problems for me.

#699 6 years ago

Every DE I had something was wrong with the shooter or auto plunger. Make sure. It's not rubbing on the auto plunger arms and everything looks centered.

#703 6 years ago

Replace the auto plungers nyliners. And new coil sleeve while your in there.
For adjusting he shooter you will have to remove the wood screw securing the plate. Mine wasn’t centered in the lane from factory on Tommy and SST

1 year later
#861 5 years ago

Tommy blinder board question. I have non functional blinders. I want to make certain before I get a replacement board that it will fix things. I verified voltage and ground coking into board. Swapped servos with a model airplane one. And verified the regulated is working. Replaced the 555 timer. I get a jitter on the servo and it moves a tad when I move the adjustment pots.
Has anyone been here. Has a board fixed it or could there be something else wrong to check before I take the plunge.
Thanks.

#864 5 years ago

thanks, i am still concerned its a signal from the MPU, but i found this thread, and after bypassing U4 i too found the same results. IF it works is there any reason to replace the board? I tested with a loose servo and now i get movement, it seems to be little more than 90 degrees of rotation. original servo does work as well as a rewired future servo.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=3807734

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=Fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.