(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dallas_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#900 5 years ago

I'm on the hunt for a nice Tommy ... if you have or know anyone who wants to sell/trade, send them my way!

1 month later
#914 4 years ago

I believe the there were only 2 of those alternate translights made. Union Jack decals are unobtainable; however ... you can make your own stencils and do the work. I finally got my hands on a decent
Tommy and will be going the Union Jack cabinet after I complete another project.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i'll have to do some searching.

If you find them, please let me know!!

#918 4 years ago

Yes!! Amazing! Those are the ones you did? I see those machines all the time when searching for this topic. Is the vinyl for sale on that site?

#920 4 years ago

Thank you for sharing! Glad to put a name to those machines! I’ll reach out to him to see if he is still selling!!

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

post of picture of an alternate backglass that featured the band members in the art too?

See post 917. I reached out to the seller of those and never heard back ... still trying!

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I have not had luck reaching the guys who did the Union Jack decals

I didn’t either; good luck and please let us know what you find out

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

an extra plastic that goes above the VUK

Which piece are you looking for?

#940 4 years ago

I have a set coming and the one on my machine is decent (from what I can tell .. new machine to me and it was supposed solid, but here I am ordering new plastics) .. if mine is good, I can let you have mine once I get the set in.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Those are widely available in Europe

They have quite a bit, however they will not ship to the CONTUS; there needs to be a middle man to take the delivery from them and ship it to CONTUS.

1 week later
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Love the Color LED in this game.

My only game without color .. thanks for costing me more money! :/.

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am looking to purchase or trade for a nice Tommy. Looking for one with no flipper button wear and nice shooter lane/playfield

Good luck sir! I was able to find one after a few months of searching and being picky. Unfortunately I was unable to see it in person and it was not exactly in the ‘excellent’ condition as promised by the owner. Cabinet was good; PF was good, just cheap hacks that I’ve been replacing. Side note, CPR is in preorder for the PF and have plastics in stock

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any luck finding out about the Union Jack art?

No one has ever contacted me back ... I have tried 3 times.

#963 4 years ago

Found this in the Market (not mine); not sure if anyone needs a PF before CPR gets theirs out the door, but here you go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-tommy-playfield-

1 week later
#967 4 years ago

Hey Tommy owners; I do not own a ROM burner, can someone burn me Chad's 5.0 Roms for Tommy? I'd happily pay for the time/rom.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I've ordered from Matt plenty of times, he's great!
Be sure to donate a few bucks for beer money to ChadH

Awesome, thank you and I will for sure!

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have a contacts with a custom art shop that can pull this off?

I do not, but I would like to get a set. My cab is in great condition, but would hold on to the art for later or pick up another Tommy and make it Union Jack Tommy ..

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

If the inserts were black i could make some waterslide decals, but in white is not that easy.

Inserts were white (center of Union Jack). I've never seen insert decals for Tommy. CPR has this playfield in their preorder, so there is that option?

1 week later
#991 4 years ago

Question for the Tommy owners with the Color DMD; where did you tap into power? Instructions call for J16 on the power supply board, but on mine, there is no J16 and no power supply tap near the coin door like other DE titles.

#994 4 years ago

Thanks HIPPY Found C6 yesterday; instruction manual is misleading for Tommy!

#999 4 years ago

Tracking down power/flipper issues with my previously ‘restored’ Tommy. Game plays fine without these connected, but what do they go to? They are located above the service box. Wiring color is part of the flipper chain. Any photos or input is welcome!

AF762282-A3F5-4714-847F-7C764A3E4640 (resized).jpegAF762282-A3F5-4714-847F-7C764A3E4640 (resized).jpeg
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

they're for the printer?

I forgot about DE printers. GnR has one, but it’s tucked out of the way.

2 months later
#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey everyone, I have been talking (slowly) with the guy who did the alternate vinyls for Tommy from pinballrr.

Too funny, I have as well. He sent me a photo of the original translite, but the new Union Jack side art. My Tommy is too good to add the art, but I thought of getting another to 'Union Jack' it!

#1032 4 years ago

Maybe if more people join, we can do 200 shipped to US. I’m in

1 week later
#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

you have any Who songs you would like me to include

Teenage Wasteland

1 week later
#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is the sample video of the Pinsound orchestration I did with the Who original tracks.

That’s fantastic! Is it up on Pinsound site?

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

My Tommy orchestration is now available for free download

Bad ass!! I’ll drop it in tonight

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, hit me with your best and worse criticism. Wanted to improve it. I did notice I took out Pinball Wizard for some reason

Other things got in the way ... I’ll get it in the next day or two. But likely will wait for Pinball Wizard to return

1 month later
#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Finished my installation of the PinWoofer set up for my Tommy the other day. The sound is very much improved and does the game justice.

PinWoofer delivers!! Always.

1 month later
#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I added into v.5.00

Thanks for your code sir! Much appreciated!

2 months later
#1254 4 years ago

Yes

DB13ED6B-8847-4DF7-AC00-4830E835BF08 (resized).jpegDB13ED6B-8847-4DF7-AC00-4830E835BF08 (resized).jpeg
#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

I created this diagram of the original factory rubber configuration (which is a little different from the manual) a while back. Maybe you'll find it useful:

That was you? Thank you for that chart! I used it while figuring out what I needed from Titan. I also went Stern slim on those posts. Not a fan of metal on metal either!

5 months later
#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just make sure the two playfield support posts are secure. They tend to have loose screws and/or missing nuts attaching them to the bottom of the playfield

You can also install Stern's playfield support brackets (Spike machines) on DE PF's. Makes it much more secure when pulling the PF up.

#1343 3 years ago

Pinsound with PinWoofer for the win! Have it in GnR! Amazing! My Tommy has PinSound and Flipper Fidelity speakers, need to add PinWoofer to it next. Also, when ordering PinSound, get the extra power cable as well

1 week later
#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Don't forget that Pinside

You mean Pinsound? Pinsound helps the audio portions; PinWoofer enhances the output and together they are perfect in Tommy!!

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looking for Tommy NOS PF.

Was Ron looking for one for you as well or is his different?

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ron is looking on my behalf.

Sending you a message

1 week later
#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

and the playfield looks great.

Here’s an example of a ‘used’ Tommy PF that had no work done on it. Smooth .. your observations are spot on. My GnR and DESW are the same

441DAE74-7A5B-46A9-B723-A69FBD3F0C00 (resized).jpeg441DAE74-7A5B-46A9-B723-A69FBD3F0C00 (resized).jpeg
#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Hey! That PF looks familiar!

Up close, it looks like it had dimpling, but it's reflections of the lights behind it. Enjoy it in your new build and you'll enjoy the PinWoofer treatment in it! The new amps are AMAZING!

1 week later
#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

No, I don't think so. For $25, it is worth adding it

You really need it for Tommy ...

1 week later
#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Anyone else have similar luck?

This is exciting!! Pete is very spotty with communication, often a month or two at a time lapse. I may have another source for different cab and translite art.

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Tommy is coming along nicely....

Where did you get those blades?

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Just email pinwoofer and they will go over everything with you. Super nice and helped me through the entire install since I was glomming onto the pinsound board.

I second PinWoofer in any machine, but night and day with Tommy and GnR. Will be adding to DESW when I do the PF swap!

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That orange cable does not plug into anything on mine either.

I 'believe' it is for a dollar bill acceptor

#1537 3 years ago

What code are you running? Not sure why adding Pinsound would erase the settings, unless your batteries are dead/dying - or do you have NVRAM installed?

Have you ever rebuilt the power supply on the machine? Super common on DE.

1 week later
#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would recommend is the speaker panel lighting.

Link?

#1577 3 years ago

Thanks for helping me spend more money! These look awesome.

2 weeks later
#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

Guess I'm going to keep an eye out for a Black Friday sale for a PinSound card.

Pinsound usually includes a headphone jack for Black Friday sales; but still have to pay the shipping. PlanetaryPinball sells the cards as well with much cheaper shipping. I have to order 2 this year. In Tommy, Pinsound is amazing.

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

How TF do you lift a Data East pinball field all the way up?

Same way. Pull it out until it catches, then push up to the back box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dallas_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=Dallas_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.