(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1733 3 years ago

Hey Guys, great thread.. joined the club a few weeks ago, found a HUO locally that looked like it was hardly ever played and thoroughly enjoying it now. One thing that I noticed was even after a few days of playing, the silver ball target started to wear even more showing white so I was frantically looking for solutions to protect it but with no luck and a reproduction was not easy to find, I saw on the forum that someone cut in a pinball in 1/2 which looked cool but wasn't as practical as would've liked.. an idea popped across my mind to use a mirrored silver Christmas ball ornament that I saw on my tree as I bought a pack with a few sizes in it. I cut one in 1/2 with a thin dremel wheel and it turned out to be almost exactly the same material as the target, maybe a stronger finish being new, I attached it with double sided 3m tape and it works perfectly, hope this helps with a solution for others.

Video here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4qe6oemee5lanq/video%20dec%2006%2C%2010%2046%2059%20pm.mov?dl=0

Silver Ball (resized).jpgSilver Ball (resized).jpg
#1734 3 years ago

Also, feel free to download my sound pack that I made for Pinsound for those of you who have it installed. I spent many hours editing & fitting songs from the original movie soundtrack in with the original tommy mix that play in random. Growing up I was a huge fan of both the who and the movie and loved them both equally the same. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/343-tommy-ompst-rt/

Tommy (resized).jpgTommy (resized).jpg
#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Really nice. Where did you get the Christmas ball ornaments? Thanks for this idea and the pinsound download

Thanks.. and you're welcome. They were the small one's in this pack I bought about a year ago, the .78 size. With the 3m tape, it work it also works to soften air balls, as before they would launch sometimes too on direct hits. I put a piece on the target and a piece behind the ball.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQSNW92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for doing the Tommy Mix for Pinsound. The more people that create original orchestrations the better it makes the game experience. I was wondering if anyone else that has tried the orchestration has found the music files to be a lot lower volume than the vocal and SFX tracks? When you did the orchestration, did you adjust the Amplify amount for each song you added? Thanks.

Glad that you like it. Yes, that was one of the biggest challenges I found is that the music files from the cd soundtrack were too low in comparison to sfx,etc. I played a lot and tried different ways but found that amplifying each track to the maximum amount without clipping was the best compromise to be the loudest it could be without any distortion and still be somewhat normalized throughout.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

So... I'm installing the Pinsound card right now and it's doing its 10%... 20% update playing it's elevator music and WOW.. The sound coming out of it is BAD ASS. You guys were totally right.

I really like that pinsound elevator music, lol, there’s one track where it sounds a bit techno and the bass line climbs and the song builds up throughout, starts over again, excellent.

1 year later
#2040 2 years ago

RIP Lyman! Definitely feels now like the big break & where it all started, it shows! Always felt Tommy was ahead of it’s time, like a modern day Stern, love this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
PinSound

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80sman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only?tu=80sman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.