(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png
There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

"O" inserts .......... ?????

Maybe the feature lamps that light "O" in TOMMY on the translite?

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Maybe the feature lamps that light "O" in TOMMY on the translite?

Exactly those , there's two for every letter in TOMMY behind the translite

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Are the O lights on during gameplay? Do they light in lamp tests?

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Ah ok, I'm with you.

I'm running 5.0 and they are fine on mine.

#405 7 years ago

turned out the sockets are the culprits - it just confused me that both "O" inserts weren´t working, but Murphy is everywhere.....

#406 7 years ago

Excited! Picking mine up sat. Good non drilled cab, has original topper and blinders are there and functional.

#407 7 years ago

Nice pickup - random question curious since we have similar games in our collection what's the top 2 in yours? Been thinking about picking up couple you have I dont.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Excited! Picking mine up sat. Good non drilled cab, has original topper and blinders are there and functional.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Nice pickup - random question curious since we have similar games in our collection what's the top 2 in yours? Been thinking about picking up couple you have I dont.

It changes really. Been diggin on Wh2O and DW lately. But also have been on a Earthshaker kick too. Hoping to have WW up and running by the end of he weekend.

#409 7 years ago

Thanks been looking for a WW or earthshaker myself. Don't have any of the ones mentioned I'll have to check then out.

#410 7 years ago

Here is the Tommy I picked up. It's pretty darn clean. Only issue is I am missing the right spinner. So if anyone knows where to find one (or decals and a spinner) I am looking!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Here is the Tommy I picked up. It's pretty darn clean. Only issue is I am missing the right spinner. So if anyone knows where to find one (or decals and a spinner) I am looking!

Nice. I highly recommend installing Chads new 5.0 code Lots of great improvements to scoring, gameplay, bugs.

#412 7 years ago

Quick question(s) regarding the 5.0 code: (1) how much does it cost and (2) how hard is it to install? Thanks

#413 7 years ago

As posted above, I am in need of the right spinner. Are the decals on both the left and right the same? Hoping I can buy a left spinner and use it, but I fear the length of the spinner is larger on the right.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Quick question(s) regarding the 5.0 code: (1) how much does it cost and (2) how hard is it to install? Thanks

The patch is free to download from my website at www.pinballcode.com if you have your own burner.

If you pay someone to burn it for you, please note that I see none of that money. Feel free to toss a donation my way. Link on my website. Much appreciated and keeps me motivated.

Easy to install. You pop out two socketed ROMs and pop in two new ones.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

As posted above, I am in need of the right spinner. Are the decals on both the left and right the same? Hoping I can buy a left spinner and use it, but I fear the length of the spinner is larger on the right.

Left and right spinners are same size, same decals

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Left and right spinners are same size, same decals

Thanks! Now I just gotta FIND one. I know ministry of pinball has em, but 50 pounds is pretty expensive

#417 7 years ago

I just came across this while browsing YouTube - I'm pretty impressed. It's the exact kind of thing I wished I had before I got the real deal (FarSight, take note)! Not sure where he got that bomber plane model, though - everything else is dead on.

#418 7 years ago

Question for you all.

As a big fan of the WHO and tommy, is there anyway or place in the game that some of the who's std music can be smartly integrated without making it seem odd?

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Question for you all.
As a big fan of the WHO and tommy, is there anyway or place in the game that some of the who's std music can be smartly integrated without making it seem odd?

PinSound owners have replaced the game's music with the corresponding original album tracks. That's the only real option there is. It's very cool, but might seem out of place to some. The versions of the songs in the game are much faster tempo and designed to work with all the sound effects and game speed, so it sounds more cohesive and fitting (to me at least). I do love the original album, though!

#420 7 years ago

If anyone needs a replacement blinder servo and arm assembly please check out my ad here on Pinside.
This message has been brought to you by the Shameless Commerce Division of Bob_E

** Tomorrow I will bring home a Tommy for my game room !! **

Arm_Tommy_002_(resized).JPGArm_Tommy_002_(resized).JPG

#421 7 years ago

May I join the club? My Tommy is now home !

Tommy_003_(resized).JPGTommy_003_(resized).JPG

#422 7 years ago

Nice pick up, wish mine had the rails that went over the flipper buttons

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Marco has them.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5010-3X

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Yep, dont know why they all didn't. As discussed before they *seem* to be more common on the exported European Tommys for some reason.

Out of interest was this a re-import ?

#425 7 years ago

It seems that new repro plastics sets are available at Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5457-XX
The prices for that stuff are getting more and more ridiculous.....

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

The prices for that stuff are getting more and more ridiculous.....

And they will probably be out of stock in two weeks.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

already is......

It may have been an NOS original set and not repro...I've seen them pop up on rare occasions here and there (snagged one myself on eBay a little while back).

#429 7 years ago

(Removed accidental double post)

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

It may have been an NOS original set and not repro...I've seen them pop up on rare occasions here and there (snagged one myself on eBay a little while back).

they told me it´s repros

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

they told me it´s repros

Yikes, that's a pretty steep price for all repros then!

#432 7 years ago

Anyone know what's up with the "Highest score to date" message before ball 3?
The only times I've seen it (it's called "World Record") is when I tilt ball 2.

Is it a bug? Am I simply skipping the bonus countdown every time which causes it to skip that screen as well?

#433 7 years ago

lighting issue in the backbox door
the lower string of 18 lamps is out
all my fuses are good,
lamp test, section still out... (all the flashers did cycle)
WHAT do I look for and WHERE do I look ??

solder connections good
Wires: Brown & White with Brown trace.

Tommy_lights_001_(resized).JPGTommy_lights_001_(resized).JPG

Tommy_lights_002_(resized).JPGTommy_lights_002_(resized).JPG

Tommy_lights_003_(resized).JPGTommy_lights_003_(resized).JPG

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

lighting issue in the backbox door
the lower string of 18 lamps is out
all my fuses are good,
lamp test, section still out... (all the flashers did cycle)
WHAT do I look for and WHERE do I look ??
solder connections good
Wires: Brown & White with Brown trace.

Locate the PPB board in the backbox - lower left. Have a look at the top left connector on that board - its *really* common for this to get toasty over time, it may show signs of overheating. Even if not give it a wiggle with power on and see if yr lights come back on. Could be flaky solder joint at the pins. If so pull the board and resolder. Any signs of burning, replace pins and connector.

Also check the GI connector on the power board. Upper left board. I think its CN9 ...(or CN8) ...from memory

#435 7 years ago

Go easy first and move or wiggle each individual light on the string. Sometimes they are touching something and it can cause the whole string to go out.

#436 7 years ago

I had this exact same string go out. IIRC it was the connector on the top right of the board in the top left of back box. I had to re-pin the connector. A bit of a PITA because I had to stand on something to better get at the location in the upper left of the backbox.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Locate the PPB board in the backbox - lower left. Have a look at the top left connector on that board - its *really* common for this to get toasty over time, it may show signs of overheating. Even if not give it a wiggle with power on and see if yr lights come back on. Could be flaky solder joint at the pins. If so pull the board and resolder. Any signs of burning, replace pins and connector.
Also check the GI connector on the power board. Upper left board. I think its CN9 ...(or CN8) ...from memory

It was CN8. Taking the power supply board to a expert on pin repair for inspection and/or repair. There may be some damage due to the heat.

20160723_170926_(resized).jpg20160723_170926_(resized).jpg
tommy_burnt_(resized).jpgtommy_burnt_(resized).jpg

#438 7 years ago

Yep. Looks like that connector got pretty toasted at some point. There also appears to be acid leaking from that top battery.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. Looks like that connector got pretty toasted at some point. There also appears to be acid leaking from that top battery.

Good eye, I never even saw that.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

AND the lower battery is in the wrong way!

All 3 batteries have been removed. A remote battery pack will be installed.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

AND the lower battery is in the wrong way!
All 3 batteries have been removed. A remote battery pack will be installed.

Go NVRAM if you can! It's inexpensive and just a quick chip swap (no soldering or board modification) for DE games. I got mine from barakandl on here.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Go NVRAM if you can! It's inexpensive and just a quick chip swap (no soldering or board modification) for DE games. I got mine from barakandl on here.

Can you expand on this? I'd like to go that route, but I thought it involved soldering?

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can you expand on this? I'd like to go that route, but I thought it involved soldering?

There is no soldering involved on Tommy. The RAM is socketed. Just pop it off, and pop in the NVRAM. Anyone can do it.

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no soldering involved on Tommy. The RAM is socketed. Just pop it off, and pop in the NVRAM. Anyone can do it.

Yep, just gotta be careful to not bend or break the teeth when pulling out the old chip (alternate lifting out each side with something flat like a small screwdriver or chip lifter tool), then the NVRAM chip just snaps right in.

#445 7 years ago

The Pinball Ninja serviced my board, repaired damage and new battery

004_(resized).JPG004_(resized).JPG

#446 7 years ago

WTB HUO or restored Tommy. Trades or cash. PM if you have a Tommy you would part with.

Mike

#447 7 years ago

Found this fuse inside my game...Does anyone know where it goes?

fuse_002_(resized).JPGfuse_002_(resized).JPG

fuse_003_(resized).JPGfuse_003_(resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Yeah that's an industrial one lol!

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

That is actually from BTTF, and it is the fuse for the flux capacitor.

#450 7 years ago

I have a question for the group. For some reason, my Tommy stopped auto launching balls in the multiball modes. It shoots the balls out of the troff, but the plunger doesn't launch them. This just started happening and I checked the fuses and they all seem fine. Any suggestions? I'm never going to make it to pinball wizard if I can't figure this out Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only/page/9?hl=williams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.