(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png
There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 46.
#1651 3 years ago

https://broadwaystore.com/tommy-dvd/

Is this the movie? I want to buy the musical not the movie and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

#1652 3 years ago

https://nypost.com/2019/10/21/the-whos-tommy-rock-opera-musical-is-returning-to-broadway/

On a side note, I wonder if this is still going to happen in 2021

#1653 3 years ago

I doubt any new shows in '21 with COVID. I doubt we see large public gatherings until the Fall when a vaccine and antibody cocktails become accessible to the general public.

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

Is there a link to the broadway musical I can watch? A live recording or something? Hell I don't mind buying the DVD I've just never found anything.

The whos tommy live rules...
The whos quad live rules..
The kids aRe alright movie rules..
The who live 77 kilburn rules..
Anything by the who rules.. Haha
I did not hate the stock broadway tommy pinns sound but once i realized I could switch soundtracks and have it play the who I had to and man I have no regrets .

#1655 3 years ago

We saw Roger daltrey perform tommy with the boston orchestra 2 years ago with a full elec band ... Holy shit did it rule.

#1656 3 years ago

damn... Items total $ 369.95
Domestic shipping $ 39.95
out of principal... screw 40 dollar shipping on a 400 dollar pinsound wtf lol.

I got mine from K's Arcade instead. In stock there and cheaper shipping.

#1657 3 years ago

Full show, Belgium 2005.

#1658 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Full show, Belgium 2005.

Dude, you rock. Thank you.

#1659 3 years ago

Guess I'm going to keep an eye out for a Black Friday sale for a PinSound card.

I refinanced my house and I just got my Escrow check back and it's almost double what I thought it would be. Which means I might buy another machine lol.. But for now I want to get the music right on this Tommy and that involves a Black Friday Special!

#1660 3 years ago

Guess I'm going to keep an eye out for a Black Friday sale for a PinSound card.

Pinsound usually includes a headphone jack for Black Friday sales; but still have to pay the shipping. PlanetaryPinball sells the cards as well with much cheaper shipping. I have to order 2 this year. In Tommy, Pinsound is amazing.

#1661 3 years ago

I've got another newbie question!

So the side skirts that go inside the box... how on earth.... I have maybe 1mm of clearance.. MAYBE 2? I don't see how you couldn't scratch a vinyl or Mirror there.. is my box somehow different?

Am I missing something?

I want to put something in there but.. man, lol I'm SURE I'd scratch it instantly.

20201119_225716 (resized).jpg20201119_225716 (resized).jpg20201119_225724 (resized).jpg20201119_225724 (resized).jpg20201120_160247 (resized).jpg20201120_160247 (resized).jpg
#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Pinsound usually includes a headphone jack for Black Friday sales; but still have to pay the shipping. PlanetaryPinball sells the cards as well with much cheaper shipping. I have to order 2 this year. In Tommy, Pinsound is amazing.

Let me know if you find a good deal this BF.

#1663 3 years ago

So the side skirts that go inside the box... how on earth.... I have maybe 1mm of clearance.. MAYBE 2? I don't see how you couldn't scratch a vinyl or Mirror there.. is my box somehow different?
Am I missing something?
I want to put something in there but.. man, lol I'm SURE I'd scratch it instantly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s tight. That’s why I use the protectors.

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

It’s tight. That’s why I use the protectors.

Tight is an understatement. holy cow lol

#1665 3 years ago

Frosted or clear bulbs? and which did you use 2SMD or 1SMD Non-Ghosting Bulbs? Think I might start by just replacing 25 and see what happens.

I was too lazy to write it out. I’ve attached a photo of what I ordered from Comet Pinball

7F9CE0AA-9ACE-45A0-9AF3-6B7F1A7E2B22 (resized).jpeg7F9CE0AA-9ACE-45A0-9AF3-6B7F1A7E2B22 (resized).jpeg

#1666 3 years ago

lol Even better.

Now for the real question..

How TF do you lift a Data East pinball field all the way up? I know I'm doing it wrong because the bottom doesnt' come out far enough to actually come out. without the sliders I'm clueless... I feel like I'm going to break it...

I can't find a single video showing it on youtube I've searched here. I am lost! lol...

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Full show, Belgium 2005.

Wow, that was completely different than the Broadway version we saw. Pretty cool, just different.

#1668 3 years ago

How TF do you lift a Data East pinball field all the way up?

Same way. Pull it out until it catches, then push up to the back box

#1669 3 years ago

lol Even better.
How TF do you lift a Data East pinball field all the way up? I know I'm doing it wrong because the bottom doesnt' come out far enough to actually come out. without the sliders I'm clueless... I feel like I'm going to break it...
I can't find a single video showing it on youtube I've searched here. I am lost! lol...

Pull harder!

#1670 3 years ago

lol Even better.

It’s kind of awkward, but yeah, pull hard.

#1671 3 years ago

Awww but I'm scared!

#1672 3 years ago

Awww but I'm scared!

It’s scary. Get ahold. Lift to about 45 degrees and pull. It’s likely to screech. I replaced my metal guide with a set of high impact plastic ones. A bit better.

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

It’s scary. Get ahold. Lift to about 45 degrees and pull. It’s likely to screech. I replaced my metal guide with a set of high impact plastic ones. A bit better.

I have a new never pused translight of this The Who shipped into a cylinder,priority $60. Anyone interested can pm me for PayPal.

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I have a new never pused translight of this The Who shipped into a cylinder,priority $60. Anyone interested can pm me for PayPal.

Got a photo? Thanks.

#1675 3 years ago

Installed the ocd board.. Big difference but I need to fine tune it... How hard is it to,link up to a laptop ?

#1676 3 years ago

Am I missing something?
I want to put something in there but.. man, lol I'm SURE I'd scratch it instantly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My side blade protectors arrive today.. Not much clearance on tommy.. I instantly messed up,my side art... Repaired with round who stickers ...

#1677 3 years ago

Since this is a bit of a topic right now, can anyone point out the differences between the EnerGI and OCD boards? I have an EnerGI board installed in Tommy, but was curious if I’m missing out on something or if they accomplish the same thing.

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Since this is a bit of a topic right now, can anyone point out the differences between the EnerGI and OCD boards? I have an EnerGI board installed in Tommy, but was curious if I’m missing out on something or if they accomplish the same thing.

No clue.. I know i can adjust my settings with software and a laptop.
Wich I will eventualy try to do.

#1679 3 years ago

Ordered some Side blade projectors and fixed up my side blades . messed them up with the first pf lift... Very close tolerence ..installed the ocd board...
The more I play this game and add to it the more I digg it...

1122202206a_HDR (resized).jpg1122202206a_HDR (resized).jpg1122202206b_HDR (resized).jpg1122202206b_HDR (resized).jpg1122202207 (resized).jpg1122202207 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_220844_401 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_220844_401 (resized).jpg

#1680 3 years ago

lol Even better.

Covered in the manual. I dislike the DE method for playfield access ....really horrible.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2579/Data_East_1994_The_Who_s_Tommy_Pinball_Wizard_Manual.pdf

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Ordered some Side blade projectors and fixed up my side blades . messed them up with the first pf lift... Very close tolerence ..installed the ocd board...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it looks better with the stickers anyway

#1682 3 years ago

I think it looks better with the stickers anyway

Can I ask where you got the stickers from? Like to patch up my side blades as well. Thanks.

Quoted from Milltown:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask where you got the stickers from? Like to patch up my side blades as well. Thanks.

#1683 3 years ago

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JV7F4W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3

I kinda wanna replace the subwoofer and just want to do it myself, would this one work fine? Far as I can tell from the thread this should work unless I'm missing something.

Anyone seen the best black Friday sale for a Pinsound board yet?

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't have any, I was just commenting that his stickers look great! I'm still looking at my sidewall vinyl sitting right next to my box afraid to install them!

#1685 3 years ago

amazon.com link »
I kinda wanna replace the subwoofer and just want to do it myself, would this one work fine? Far as I can tell from the thread this should work unless I'm missing something.
Anyone seen the best black Friday sale for a Pinsound board yet?

That one will work just fine. I put that in my Tommy as well. Along with new cabinet speakers. With the Pinsound board, it's a major difference. But even prior the speaker upgrade was fantastic.

#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

That one will work just fine. I put that in my Tommy as well. Along with new cabinet speakers. With the Pinsound board, it's a major difference. But even prior the speaker upgrade was fantastic.

That's all I needed to hear, I'll order it thanks.

#1687 3 years ago

And now I need to hope for a BF sale on side protectors, Pinsound, and maybe other goodies... Is there a BF thread somewhere on Pinside? That would be super helpful

*edit* found the BF post thread.

#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Which wall speakers did you get if you don't mind me asking? As long as they don't take any modifications or extra power I'd be willing to just solder them in or whatever needs to get done.

#1689 3 years ago

Which wall speakers did you get if you don't mind me asking? As long as they don't take any modifications or extra power I'd be willing to just solder them in or whatever needs to get done.

RojerLockless I used these, they added some depth to the sound. They are a tad deeper, but I have the speaker lights on my machine so I already had longer screws in place. Very simple upgrade.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000230LBI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Various vendors on ebay and Amazon...
Searched round who stickers / round mod stickers... Ordered a shitload to have choices....
Im doing the cab art as well so 2 stickers stil waiting to instal that cover the hinge bolts.

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Get the protectors as well...

#1692 3 years ago

These lane protectors worked very well as well...
The ball would sometimes get stuck after comimg down the wire forms... These solved the problem..

1122202205_HDR (resized).jpg1122202205_HDR (resized).jpg1122202206_HDR (resized).jpg1122202206_HDR (resized).jpg
#1693 3 years ago

Anyone have PinStadium lights on their Tommy? Good? Bad? Distracting?

It looks awesome, and at the same time a little much. Their BF sale has me tempted though.

#1694 3 years ago

Anyone have PinStadium lights on their Tommy? Good? Bad? Distracting?
It looks awesome, and at the same time a little much. Their BF sale has me tempted though.

Waste..,,upgrade to led .,, few spotlights are all tommy needs in my opinion...stadium is to much in my opinion....

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Covered in the manual. I dislike the DE method for playfield access ....really horrible.

Mentioning this in case it helps someone. In position 3 when it says "reverse procedure"...that's not exactly right. You really need to get to side of the machine and get a hand on the back of the playfield to get it back over the "bump"

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Mentioning this in case it helps someone. In position 3 when it says "reverse procedure"...that's not exactly right. You really need to get to side of the machine and get a hand on the back of the playfield to get it back over the "bump"

Sure do.. It's a nasty bump.
. im considering grinding down,the bumps...

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Sure do.. It's a nasty bump.
. im considering grinding down,the bumps...

I replaced the brackets in the cabinet with a set of high impact plastic ones. Smoother all round and a simple swap. There’s even a video that shows how to do it without pulling the playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/the-ez-slide-slide-playfield-support-bracket-set.html

#1698 3 years ago

Anyone have a good solution to wear on the silverball target? Replacements are pretty much unobtanium.
I've been thinking of trying the Rust-Oleum Specialty Gloss Mirror Effect spray paint, but not sure how that would look or wear.
Other options?

Thanks,
Randy

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I replaced the brackets in the cabinet with a set of high impact plastic ones. Smoother all round and a simple swap. There’s even a video that shows how to do it without pulling the playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/the-ez-slide-slide-playfield-support-bracket-set.html

Ahhh nice...

#1700 3 years ago

I will second these (Pinglides) ...huge difference in the difficulty of reinstalling the playfield....I also got rid of those "posts" that the playfield sits on and went with Sterns Playfield support bracket...much better

20201124_062244 (resized).jpg20201124_062244 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only/page/34?hl=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.