(Topic ID: 142990)

The Who's TOMMY Club - Can you hear me? Members Only!

By ChadH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,268 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_190633 (resized).jpg
IMG_0837 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
208B62BB-BFC2-4887-BF1F-C1553C296DC4 (resized).jpeg
E39892B0-EAE6-405E-8081-1FCCBE1A62BC (resized).png
D7947C2E-4557-4064-80FD-F244F3C06761 (resized).jpeg
20230802_224904 (resized).jpg
20230802_224851 (resized).jpg
IMG_3423 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 9.35.26 AM (resized).png
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.04.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.03.38 AM (resized).png
There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 46.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know they're rare, but you forgot the topper.

Sweet

#752 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the voltage on the prop motors? Looking to replace mine and there are no markings on the motors. Thank you!

#753 6 years ago

Yesterday, i managed to have a shaker working with the propellers,
That's just fun, and quite cheap in fact .

Now, i'm wondering how easy it would be to add other triggering, like bumpers. I love this feedback on the TFTC, would be a nice addition !

Blinder fixed too, with a servo, (what a pain to change it to CCW, the pot was packaged quite tightly !)

4 weeks later
#754 6 years ago

Anybody have issues with their right ramp? Tough shot to make, a Low or late shot hits that metal guide that does NOT help it. The coil and flipper are sting, recent rebuild.

I shot from the ball out of the mystery saucer RARELY has enough umph to get all the way up.

The orbit shot from the left flipper is super tight behind the spinner and therefore almost impossible to arrive at the upper flipper with enough momentum.

The shot from the Shooter lane is the only shot that arrives consistently at the upper flipper with enough umph to get up the ramp.

It’s very rewarding to hit, just not sure it’s supposed to be that tough to hit.

#755 6 years ago

How are you controlling the motor? The old PIG2 system was really good you could control it from just about anything, a flasher, white, or any coil.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Anybody have issues with their right ramp? Tough shot to make, a Low or late shot hits that metal guide that does NOT help it. The coil and flipper are sting, recent rebuild.
I shot from the ball out of the mystery saucer RARELY has enough umph to get all the way up.
The orbit shot from the left flipper is super tight behind the spinner and therefore almost impossible to arrive at the upper flipper with enough momentum.
The shot from the Shooter lane is the only shot that arrives consistently at the upper flipper with enough umph to get up the ramp.
It’s very rewarding to hit, just not sure it’s supposed to be that tough to hit.

I have no trouble getting around the orbit to the upper flipper if I can hit it at all. Ramp is definitely a hard shot...

#757 6 years ago

It is a tough-ish shot but you should be able to make it no problem from a saucer feed. Never had an issue with mine if hit sweetly. Is it feeding smoothly on to the flipper ?, not 'bumping' out in front of the flipper . What angle is the table at, maybe its too shallow ...could make the feed sluggish ?

That right orbit/spinner shot is tight and needs to be pretty accurate. However it's really important the spinner is super free moving so it doesn't kill the ball travel. I think tweaking the spinner(s) has been discussed on here before . They always need some attention on Tommy.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Is it feeding smoothly on to the flipper ?, not 'bumping' out in front of the flipper

I've never been able to get mine smooth. Always cokes down from the saucer, glances of the wall and sorta wiggles back and forth as it comes to the flipper. Very unreliable feed.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've never been able to get mine smooth. Always cokes down from the saucer, glances of the wall and sorta wiggles back and forth as it comes to the flipper. Very unreliable feed.

Mine gives a good feed most of the time, but occasionally does the same thing as yours.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine gives a good feed most of the time, but occasionally does the same thing as yours.

It'd be nice to be able to adjust the kickout strength down or something, but I've never found a very good way to do that. If it was easy to access I might try bending the arm a bit or something, but under the plane is a pain

1 week later
#761 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I finally found some time to put a stern ball launcher and no more weak ball that stays in the launching rail during multiball. That's a great improvement !

One question, when shooting right orbit, the spinner slows the ball so much that i can barely reach the upper part and the skill shot area. Same for others ? The spinner moves well, rotates fast, seems it drains all the kinetic energy from the ball..

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi guys,
I finally found some time to put a stern ball launcher and no more weak ball that stays in the launching rail during multiball. That's a great improvement !
One question, when shooting right orbit, the spinner slows the ball so much that i can barely reach the upper part and the skill shot area. Same for others ? The spinner moves well, rotates fast, seems it drains all the kinetic energy from the ball..

Mine will make it all the way around to the upper flipper without trouble, and my spinner doesn't even spin very well (maybe 5 spins on average). Does removing your spinner actually help?

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi guys,

Check the ball guide just behind the right spinner. The wireform on the left. It can be bent to the right where the ball grabs it... also wax the hell out of it.

I’m seriously contemplating a smaller guage wire form. Mine has this issue.

#764 6 years ago

Thanks guys, i'll tweak that.
The other parts of the playfield are blazing fast, so that kills the flow

2 weeks later
#765 6 years ago

Hi Guys I started restoring a Tommy and was buying led's but cant find the placements for the #455 bulbs any help would be great
Cheers Steve

#766 6 years ago

Comet or Cointaker should have them.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from topcat2:

Hi Guys I started restoring a Tommy and was buying led's but cant find the placements for the #455 bulbs any help would be great
Cheers Steve

Here you go - this is where the 2 #455 blinkers go (circled in red):

Tommy_455 (resized).jpgTommy_455 (resized).jpg

#768 6 years ago

Cheers Catch86 And Number41
Much appreciated

1 week later
#769 6 years ago

Hi, could someone tell me the width of the backbox for Tommy? I'm looking at buying one for my gameroom, but I'm a little concerns about my door (tops out at 29"). Last Action Hero barely fit through. Thanks in advance.

#770 6 years ago

27.75 inches, it may help to take the door off the hinges .

3 weeks later
#771 5 years ago

Going to part out a Tommy anybody needs anything let me know no blinders or main or flipper boards. Nice airplane, playfield and two main ramps!
Bought to put back together but missing too many pieces to restore. PM me if interested in anything and I can tell you if I have it.

#772 5 years ago

Tommy Pictures of playfield to part out. Its a mess but the playfiled looks pretty good and partially cleaned what is the playfield worth after its cleaned up?Do have two long wire ramps not in the picture and 2 power boards and 2 psb boards and 1 dmd boar and 1 sound board. No mpu or flipper boards

IMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPG

#773 5 years ago

I also have a new Tommy Tranlite and also the plastic plane. What are these worth and anybody need them?

#774 5 years ago

Anybody need ramps?

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG

#775 5 years ago

So sold the playfield so far so if you all really need parts better ask before the are gone for good. Plane, prop motors may have been sold?? as well
Selling all 4 bare ramps w/o sign in above picture for 200 plus shipping if anybody needs them
Thanks for the interest and I would have really like to have restored this pin but was missing too may unobtainable parts
I have a new Tommy mylar plastic translate in mailing tube if anyone needs one as well.

#776 5 years ago

Do you have the servo for the blinders?

#778 5 years ago

How much for ramps, and wire ramps?

What about the mechanisms under the playfield? Vuk , subway, ball eject

How about the orbit ball guide and the Shooter lane guide that lifts the ball from Shooter lane into the orbit?

Also I’d like the mirror assembly

Please PM me!?

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

So sold the playfield so far so if you all really need parts better ask before the are gone for good. Plane, prop motors may have been sold?? as well
Selling all 4 bare ramps w/o sign in above picture for 200 plus shipping if anybody needs them
Thanks for the interest and I would have really like to have restored this pin but was missing too may unobtainable parts
I have a new Tommy mylar plastic translate in mailing tube if anyone needs one as well.

Do you have the long blue plastic that sits on the right side of the left ramp?

#780 5 years ago

How much for ramps, and wire ramps?
What about the mechanisms under the playfield? Vuk , subway, ball eject
How about the orbit ball guide and the Shooter lane guide that lifts the ball from Shooter lane into the orbit?
Also I’d like the mirror assembly
Please PM me!?

pm sent

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Do you have the long blue plastic that sits on the right side of the left ramp?

pm sent

#782 5 years ago

Anybody interested in the rare black knob shooter rod with the DE inscribed on it?

IMG_0034 (resized).JPGIMG_0034 (resized).JPG

#783 5 years ago

I also have the original transformer are this needed by anyone? and what do does a used one fetch in price, and seems like the are out of stock wherever I Looked them up and new ones go for like 250 it seems.

#784 5 years ago

bored so here are the boards I have for sale
2 power
2 pcb-1
1-dmd
1-flipper
1-audi0
all for 300 plus 25 to ship
audio not shown since someone asked about it but not yet sold but included in above price

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: Price drop to $200 plus $25 to ship that for all 6 boards folks but untested

#785 5 years ago

brand new mylar translate $75 including shipping Will ship in protective tube

IMG_0046 (resized).JPGIMG_0046 (resized).JPG

#786 5 years ago

set of lamps boards all for $100 plus 10 to ship

IMG_0048 (resized).JPGIMG_0048 (resized).JPG

#787 5 years ago

set of targets $50 plus $5 to ship

IMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPG

#788 5 years ago

Ramp it up all ramps in picture for 200 plus 25 to ship does not include mirror assembly or vuk in picture or subway
mirror assembly and vuk still up for sale for 75 + 10 to ship

subway with coil 50 10 to ship

IMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPG

#789 5 years ago

Full metal playfield guides for sale don't really know price but shows what is available
the whole lot for say $60 plus $15 to ship?

IMG_0066 (resized).JPGIMG_0066 (resized).JPG

#790 5 years ago

So what has been sold so far on the Tommy part out

Cabinet with transformer
playfield
just a few machine parts
props, motors and frame
Blinder Servo

so if you want anything in the above pictures might want to get them now before I open this up to a general topic for DE parts
and I have for now just posted this for the tommy fanatics
PM me for pieces and prices

DE Parts Parted Out Tommy going to Pinside Market sometime next week!!

#791 5 years ago

Anyone powder coat their armor or ramps on tommy? I was thinking about getting something done and would love to see any examples. Thanks!

#792 5 years ago

Metals stripped from Tommy Sweet deal for all anyone?

IMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPG

#793 5 years ago

Could the person who bought the TOMMY pinball playfield from Tdunbar please PM me? I'd like to buy those metal side rails he shipped the playfield with. I need those for a project game!

#794 5 years ago

De Plane De Plane and in perfect condition make offer?
Will be shipped in protective plastic bin so shipping will be about 12 bucks

IMG_0027[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0027[1] (resized).JPG

#795 5 years ago

Someone posted a Tommy plastic set for sale on Craigslist so I thought that I would share the link. I'm not the seller.

maine.craigslist.org link

#796 5 years ago

wow I built my Tommy out of parts haveing nothing more than what you show here in post 772. In about the same condition too. i did have the blinders though.

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfus:

wow I built my Tommy out of parts haveing nothing more than what you show here in post 772. In about the same condition too. i did have the blinders though.

My parted Tommy was in building that had a fire but was not on fire but got smoked and the parts cleaned up fine but it was also missing the cpu board
and some plastics, blinders as well as the metal vuk wire form which I don't think is available anywhere. None of the boards were installed and I was given a box full of parts and a box full of boards and the seller had no idea if the were for Tommy or not. It the machine was in one piece and started up but had some issues it would have been worth restoring but it was just too much work to maybe get 3.5k for it in the long run. The cabinet would have had to be cleaned and bonded, sanded and then have new decals. Bought it hoping to restore it but if it was going to be a 5k or above I maybe would have done it. I will get the purchase price back and then maybe make 400 extra but even parting it out takes some time but to help other Tommy owners out I decided to gut it. Anyone wanting parts let me know and I think my prices are reasonable but just remember I had to remove them and clean them and find boxes to ship them, package them and then also I have to go to USPS then wait in line to ship them and also the time PMing buyers. No complaints and now I appreciate how labor intensive it takes to put a pin together in the first place.

#798 5 years ago

Hey guys. New Tommy owner, picked it up last night. Quick question.
On my table, I actually have a push button launcher, instead of a plunger. Anybody ever seen that before? I can get some pics tonight.

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from 94_snake:

On my table, I actually have a push button launcher, instead of a plunger. Anybody ever seen that before? I can get some pics tonight.

Nope. That's wrong. For whatever reason someone has changed it.

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from 94_snake:

On my table, I actually have a push button launcher, instead of a plunger. Anybody ever seen that before?

That's bizarre. It's supposed to be a manual/auto plunger setup. I can't imagine why anyone would have changed it. Without the manual plunger, there is no way to go for the skill shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 2,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only/page/16?hl=wolfus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.