Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tommy_4379_sm (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Fascinating reading. I bet you had a lot of fun doing this for DCPA.

How did you learn so much about electromechanicals? What is the best way to learn them and to understand schematics like you do?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/electro-mechanical
    Read a few of the threads and see if you can follow along with the issues and diagnoses. I think that's an often overlooked learning opportunity. If you don't understand something, ask for clarification. That'll only make the thread more useful in the long run.

I've been trying to do this but it's difficult for me to follow along when I read something like, "reset relay trips, the 100k light doesn't come on" without seeing it in real life.

I've read Clay's pinrepair site more times than I can count and also Steve Fury's thread several times along with your fun with pinball site but again it's easier in real life than reading it.

Quoted from MarkG:

The last best option might be to find someone to mentor you. I've been contemplating putting together a class but haven't sussed out the details yet.

I've been thinking the same thing. I think it would be easier to watch someone else troubleshoot issues and read schematics and I may know one or two local guys who would be willing to do this for me.

Bruce

I also think that it's easier to learn how a working game's reset and other functions work vs a non working game.
    (Luckily I have two examples of the same game that I can use as a reference while working on one or the other)

#7 5 years ago

I found some animated videos from Steve Fury that are very helpful. The videos of the working mechanical parts are inserted into shots of the schematic with animations/highlighting showing the switches and circuits being used.

Maybe you can do something similiar with your fun with pinball website?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-4-player-reset-sequence-animation#post-4478411

#10 5 years ago

I struggle with graphics and animations. (I had to draw a rubber ring chart for my game by hand because I couldn't figure how to do it on the computer)

Steve Fury did a fantastic job with his videos. I've saved his youtube channel so I can watch them all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-and-free-pinball?tu=pinballfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.