(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting idea. If I had a larger truck, I'd bring my Jukebox, and would gladly put it in the flea market. (You know, playing *real* music off of vinyl! )

There isn't any electric available in the flea market area so it may be difficult to run your Jukebox. It is a Gameroom show. Jukeboxes, video games and pretty much any coin operated games of any kinds are welcome in the free play area.

1 week later
    #95 7 years ago

Past two years there has been around 200 games on the floor for play on Friday. I think there was something like 230 (including the vendor's games on free play) at one point on Friday last year.

2 weeks later
    #133 7 years ago

There is usually a good amount of EM pinballs for sale. Usually the people that brought the games have the tools and carts to remove them.
    One thing you want to keep in mind when buying a game is that you can't take it off the free play area till 4 PM or you have to pay the early removal charge for doing so.

1 week later
    #178 7 years ago

To answer your question we sold out of every one of last year's show shirts. This year's shirts are still at the printer but are due here any day. Unfortunately with my work schedule and the lateness of the shirts coming in, I don't have the time to package them up and ship them out this year. So no online sales for now. If there are any left after the show, they may become available online.

Pintastic is a great show and I had a good time there. It is a very well run show. And I think the same about the Allentown show.

As other stated, the price for the flea market is more or less set by the fairgrounds, the show already loses money on every flea market spot that we sell. We keep the price where it is at to try to improve the size of the flea market. But as others have noted our flea market hasn't grown even though the inside of the show has grown by a huge amount. I am open to suggestions on how to get more flea market vendors to the show. Sadly controlling the weather isn't something I can do, yet.

The side deal / spreadsheet situation doesn't bother me at all. Buying and selling games is big part of the hobby and it is going to happen with or without the shows. I just hope that when you are done with your parking lot deal, you come inside and hang out at the show and shop with our vendors for a while rather jump in your car and drive home without coming into the show.

FWIW the York Train show is still huge and still takes up every building at the fairgrounds. And it isn't a public event. To get into the train show you have to be a member in the collector group or know someone that is.

2 weeks later
    #334 7 years ago

Almost down to a week to go! The show is now sold out of Indoor Vendor spots. There are still some Flea Market spots available The free play area is filling fast and we are on track to fill the hall. If you are planning on bringing a game, please get your registrations in. You can register online @ http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html

#364 7 years ago

The reason the show dates shifted was due to a quirk in the way that Fairgrounds figure out their schedule. It seems that fairs are based on exactly so many days or weeks from one of the fixed holidays. And the rest of the schedule is based on how many weekends from the fair. So the Fairgrounds schedule is tied to a holiday and not a date. What happened is that the calendar dates move around and eventually our weekend clashed with the Chicago Expo dates. It isn't anyone's fault, just one of those weird situations that crop up. The fairgrounds are scheduling they same way they have for over 200 years. Since a good part of our vendors also go to Expo, we moved the dates. The other situation with the fair grounds is that it is an extremely popular rental venue and their schedule is pretty much full. Don't be surprised if the York show is on the wrong weekend again next year.

#385 7 years ago

I can bring a along a used Bally Escape from the Lost World Playfield Glass. It has artwork silk screened on it.
    Let me know if interested.

Rich

#425 7 years ago

Cash only for admissions. An ATM will be on site. Some vendors take Credit but most are cash only.

#439 7 years ago

There are a lot of places along Rte 30. Mission BBQ is very good. Although not on the level of that place near Pintastic. ALthough, I highly doubt many are.

#444 7 years ago

It all depends on what you consider walking distance. The restaurants on and around Rte 30 are only two or three miles away from the show.

Quoted from dtown:

That's one thing Allentown has that York doesn't. Great food within walking distance. The Farmers Market in Allentown is fantastic.

#482 7 years ago

You are free to use any of the gates to get into the fair grounds. The main gate on Carlisle ave is a tight squeeze if you are pulling a trailer or driving a large truck (but you can do it if you are careful) so you may want to use the much larger gate on N Highland Ave. Getting to that gate / entrance is a bit convoluted as there is a one way street involved and you need to make a turn about 1/2 mile before the fairgrounds. So I am going to leave that up to your mapping or directions program of choice so I don't get you lost.

#732 7 years ago

The indoor flea market is something that is being considered. With the rain we get every year, it seems like a good option. The outdoor Flea Market is something that the Fairgrounds lets us do just because we have been doing one for so long. We are one of the few shows that they let do that. If we go to the indoor flea market setup, it couldn't be free admission and we couldn't have an outdoor flea market. To make it work we would need to have at least twice the flea market vendors that we currently have. One issue is that if we stop doing the outdoor flea market, we may not be permitted to have one in future years.

#734 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Rich could verity this but I think the rent is too high at the York Fairground to pull off the indoor flea market idea. I know York Fairground is kind of crazy with their rents. At one point I talked to Rich about maybe doing a cheaper rent outside to try to attract more vendors and he told me York Fairgrounds gets most of the rent money for each space outside (if I remember correctly).
    Maybe a "stepping stone" to an indoor flea marked would be to have a couple big tents put up and offer spaces under the tents for more money to cover the cost of the tent? I don't know if that would work but Rich could check on cost of tent ahead of time and then check to see if any of the regular vendors are interested.

And the rent is only the start of what the show pays the fairgrounds for. We also pay for trash removal, cleaning fees, maintenance fees and my personal favorite Enviromental Impact Fees. The way it works for things such as the food and tents is that the Fairgrounds contracts with a company and anyone that has a show there must use whatever vendor the fairgrounds contracted with. Which makes things such as tents too expensive for just a couple of days.

#736 7 years ago

That was a nice TAF that you brought. Thanks for bringing it.
    I've taking games to almost every Allentown show (missed the first year and one year the game I was going to bring I got offered crazy money to sell it before it made it to the show) and every York show. I've been bringing at least 8 to the York Show the past few years. I understand all too well how much work and risk is involved with bringing a game to a show. Three of mine developed serious problems this year. We do watch closely for abusive patrons. It is one of the few things that you will get instantly kicked out of the show for without any warnings.

We've floated an idea similar to yours and the response was underwhelming. One issue is that as small as the Pinball community is, it is difficult to find judges could be viewed as neutral. The door prizes potentially benefit all attendees and not just a handful, so we keep doing them. We increased the number of door prizes after we couldn't continue the game giveaways. We are considering many options. We are considering a drawing for cash or a prize for those that preregister and keep their game there all weekend. (We need to verify what is legal and acceptable) What is now happening on Saturdays is what happened previously on Sundays and is the primary reason there is no show on Sunday anymore.

#754 7 years ago

We have survey up and running at http://surveysilver.com/index.php/445785/lang-en Please take a few minutes and complete it. We do read and try to improve the show based on feedback. It also helps us direct our focus on things like Advertising and so on.

#756 7 years ago

I have used their cart and method to move games around and it works great. I keep meaning to get the same setup but never seem to get around to it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition?tu=rmarket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.