(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillbilly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 7 years ago

I will be bringing a pin my HS2 (not for sale) and a NIB Hobbit LE for sale or maybe trade. Prefer a straight sale but would consider a ACDC luci or LE +/- cash in a trade.

1 week later
    #310 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I keep trying to register a game for free play and it keeps kicking me out saying my name isn't in the box when it clearly is. Anyone else having this problem?

Email Rich, I'm sure he will take care of you.

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Can bring a huo loaded Mustang signed by the artist, shaker, backboard kit, projected mustang image topper, side art lots of mods. Game is mint, price $4400.

No problem vouching for Henry here, not only great price,s but if you only knew how particular he is with his machines being perfect you would jump on what he is selling. York is going to be great!

#343 7 years ago

I'm selling a NIB Hobbit LE for $8200. I may have some other items to sell at the show as well. Like DMD's plastics etc.

1 week later
    #523 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

In the past both Allentown and York were 3 day shows and over time Sunday attendance and number of machines on the freeplay floor got so bad they both cut back to two day shows. My fear is the same thing is likely to happen with Saturday and we will be down to a one day show (just Friday) in people don't start keeping games at the shows for Saturday also.
    I realize most of us are limited as far as number of machines we can transport and also limited to number of machines we can actually bring to a show but unless something changes I can see Saturday going away in the near future.
    I was planning on doing my part to help and had plans to bring 6 or 8 machines for freeplay JUST for Saturday this year (I was going to take my first load Friday and add additional machines for Saturday) but my son decided to buy a house and is moving this weekend so I can't make the show at all. But next year "good lord willing" I will have a group of machines ready for just Saturday for both shows. I think it is very important for all of us that love these shows to do everything we can to help promoters grow the number of freeplay machines Saturday to make Saturday more attractive for the general public.
    When running something like one of these shows it comes down to simple math. If attendance drops to a point that something isn't worth doing the promoter must stop doing it. So the worse Saturday attendance gets the less incentive they have to continue with renting the halls for that day. Just common sense!
    I get it as far as why some people don't like Saturdays - need to get home to cut grass, can't be away that many days, cost too much to stay the extra day, etc. But once Saturday is gone and the shows become one day shows the next thing is people will start leaving early Friday and the same thing will happen to Friday - then a few more years down the road and we will have no show at all. I have seen this happen with other hobbies I have been involved with and beg everyone to stop and think before pulling machines out early on Saturday. PLEASE be part of helping save these shows NOT part of the problem!

I agree with you. As machines sell off the floor more people take them out. However, I was there for both days last year and Saturday was jammed with people. Maybe toward the afternoon things will thin out a bit. York is a great show and personally is the most enjoyable compared to other venues. I try to spend a day at pinfest and pintastic but with York I reserve both days. Rich took this over for Eric and kept it going (20 years). I believe the show has turned a modest profit so he's not hurting, nor cashing in on it. Despite the rain I'm anticipating great attendance and another year of unprecedented fun! I'm going both days and looking forward to meeting many great pinsiders attending the show.

#532 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, this show was originally started in a fire hall basement. If I'm not mistaken, there was only enough room for approximately eighty machines. Marlon & Eric did a phenomenal job in promoting this venue, as Pinside has taken over the reins. Without Pinside, this show would only be half of what it is now ~ I believe. I know Rich & Marlon personally, & if you have the opportunity, thank them for their diligent endeavor in everything they have accomplished both past & present. For without Marlon & Eric the show wouldn't be, & without Rich the show simply wouldn't go on.

Yes, and in my post I totally neglected mentioning Marlon's name whom played an integral role in making the show happen. I really appreciate all the effort it goes on putting on this show. There's so more more put into it than getting vendors and gate revenue. Moreover, I agree the impact pinside has in promoting these venues in addition to the pinball industry in itself. Looking forward to the show. Set up starts tonight.

#569 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thanks for the updates guys! Have a great show & hopefully I'll have a chance to finally spend some time at the show next year. Think of me moving stuff in the rain in NJ for my son while you guys are having fun at a great show! I do have to say I am excited for my son & daughter-in-law because they are moving into their first house after renting for years. My only issue is why the heck did it have to be the same two days as the show?

I think that house needs a pin to christen it in

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hillbilly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition?tu=hillbilly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.