2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball_Nate
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

The "York" or White Rose Gameroom Show is only 2 months away folks! What are you bringing? What are you looking for? This will be my first York show and only my second show overall (just attended the Allentown Show earlier in the year). Any advice or feedback for the show or the area is appreciated. I will be bringing the entire family (4 kids included).

Show Info:

http://www.theyorkshow.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/theyorkshow

Sept 30 - Oct 1 2016
    York Fairgrounds and Expo Center
    York, Pennsylvania 17404

Vendor set-up only Thursday Sept 29 time: 1PM-8PM
    Friday Sept 30 show time: 10AM-8PM set-up 8AM-10AM
    Saturday Oct 1 show time: 9AM-6PM set-up 8AM-9AM

* Pinball machines, video games, jukeboxes, slot machines, etc.
    * Lots of door prizes.
    * Outdoor flea market with no admission charge!
    * Pinball and Gameroom items on sale.
    * Kids and adults pinball machine tournaments -
    * Refreshments will be available.

Cost - $15 Adults, $5 children ages 6-12, Free for Kids 5 and younger. (All prices are per person, per day)

Vendors:
    Mayfair Amusement
    Cointaker LEDs
    Breweriana Sales
    Nighthawk Games PBlifter
    Game Time Maryland
    Rec Room Specialties
    Dale Reinhart Jukebox Restorations
    Starship Fantasies
    Pinball Star
    VP Cabs
    Pinball Parts Plus
    Pinball Gallery
    Confetti Arcade
    BAP Jukebox Restoration & Service
    Rockland Pinball
    Kahr.US Circuits

#3 2 years ago

I'm 99% sure I'm bringing up one machine. I just need to decide which one to bring from my collection which consists of:

Austin Powers
    Grand Lizard
    Space Shuttle
    Riverboat Gambler

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm going up but will only be there on Saturday.
    And djreddog, I vote for Grand Lizard!

Sadly, Grand Lizard is at the bottom of the list. I just got into the hobby about 7 months ago and that was the first pin I purchased, so it might not ever leave my collection. I have the game setup playing extremely fast and it kicks your a$$ more times than not. I have super bands all over the PF and on the flippers, steep incline, blitz wax, fresh silverballs, and LED's throughout the PF.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Your description of the game only leaves me wanting to play it more

Not sure how far Wisconsin is from the First State, but if you are ever near the area, feel free to reach out to me and you can swing by and play it as long as you like.

#15 2 years ago

I'll let others chime in but I thought I heard other Pinsiders mention in other threads that the organizer of this show really frowns upon the spreadsheet.

#20 2 years ago

I will be heading up early Friday and staying overnight. In the past, do all of the Pinsiders usually gather up for a dinner or drinks somewhere?

#34 2 years ago

Reposting this...possibly looking for something to do Friday night.

I will be heading up early Friday and staying overnight. In the past, do all of the Pinsiders usually gather up for a dinner or drinks somewhere?

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Host hotel is sold out, just called. Probably will sit this year out.

Motel 6, about 4 miles up the road has rooms for $53.

#53 2 years ago

Ok, back on topic. As it stands now, although subject to change, looks like I will be bringing my Riverboat Gambler to the show.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Camvr2013:

I will be bringing my JP for Free Play, or whatever machine I happen to strike a trade deal for ahead of time!

Does Austin Powers entice you enough for a trade?

1 week later
    #106 2 years ago

I have an Austin Powers that needs a replacement DMD. Does anyone have one for sale?

1 week later
    #139 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryansherwood:

Thanks for all the info. I am open to solid state pins and EM but just based on previous experiences playing both I figure I'll probably end up with an EM but time will tell. If I find a machine I really like and am interested in buying I'll be sure to talk around and find someone with experience to give it a look over for a second opinion.

There is a Joke Poker solid state going to the show for sale for $800

2 weeks later
    #311 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I keep trying to register a game for free play and it keeps kicking me out saying my name isn't in the box when it clearly is. Anyone else having this problem?

Butch,

I just went and registered with no issues. I used Google Chrome, not sure if that matters. However, just to make sure you aren't overlooking anything the site has 2 different boxes that you must enter in your name. Did you do that?

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Almost down to a week to go! The show is now sold out of Indoor Vendor spots. There are still some Flea Market spots available The free play area is filling fast and we are on track to fill the hall. If you are planning on bringing a game, please get your registrations in. You can register online @ http://www.theyorkshow.com/game-registration.html

Is there a spot to preview all of the "free play" games that have been registered thus far?

#430 2 years ago

Riverboat Gambler will be on the floor for free play and for sale. Super clean, 100% working.

IMG_7722 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7723 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7725 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7731 (resized).JPG

IMG_7719 (resized).JPG

#441 2 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Had one, an entertaining title.
    Hopefully the noise from the other games will drown out that awful music though.
    LOL

Maybe I should really crank up the volume for the show

Just kidding. It's repetitive for sure, but then again the game is 28 years old and that used to be cutting edge back then.

#450 2 years ago
    Quoted from omgitsadam:

This is going to be my first show, is cash the norm or are checks ok? I am hoping to come home with my first pin from this show but want to see what's available while I'm there so not sure I want to walk around with a few thousand in cash.

I will be accepting Bitcoin.

#478 2 years ago
    Quoted from hanktrainer:

I have a very nice TZ and T2 I may be willing to head to the show if anyone wants to trade etc. See my market ads...

Riverboat Gambler for your T2 plus cash?

#494 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

If you buy or sell from the free play area, who is responsible for the fee?

Quoted from PoMC:

Either the seller or the buyer - whatever deal you work out, but someone has to pay it.

Quoted from ryansherwood:

^ I thought there was only a fee for early removal?

Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, the fee's only charged if you pull the game out before the end of the show.
    If you DO pull it out, the person physically lifting the machine past the doors will have to pay the fee. Where that money comes from, the show doesn't care.

Just to clarify, straight from the White Rose website, the buyer is not solely responsible for the $35 fee. In fact the buyer of the machine can refuse to pay it at which point the onus falls back on the seller to pay the fee. Typically the buyer is in fact the one who pays it but it's not the rule. Also, I've seen many users on here include the $35 fee into their sell price and they end up paying the fee so that it's a no hassle deal for the buyer.

From the website:

If you sell a game from the free play area , it must remain on the show floor, plugged in, turned on, and set on Free Play. If the buyer wants to remove the game from the floor, before 4pm, a fee of $35 will be imposed. The seller and/or buyer must pay the $35 removal fee at the register. The receipt must be shown to the person at the rear doors, and accompany the game as it leaves the building. Failure to comply with the rules for the free play area will result in not being able to register games or purchasing flea and vendor space in the future!

#522 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Everyone my brother and I will be there early Fri morning and will be setting up a TAF. If you need any help bringing in a machine and/or setting up feel free to stop by the Vorhauer Brothers "GLOWING" TAF or text me my number will be on the machine. We are happy to help especially with the RAIN!

I will be in need of assistance Friday morning. My ETA is around 9:30am. Can you please PM your cell? Thanks!

#590 2 years ago

There's 2 of them here. Both $1650. When is super clean the other not so much.

#592 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Any classic Bally widebodies there - Paragon, Hotdoggin, Embryon, Space Invaders, Future Spa?

Paragon(no price), Embryon(not for sale) and Space Invaders($1075)are all here.

#593 2 years ago

A few early pics.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#599 2 years ago

Here's pics of every game here minus the bingo row and a few EM's. I'll post back to back.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#600 2 years ago

8 more.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#601 2 years ago

8 more.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#602 2 years ago

7 more...

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#604 2 years ago

Last ones...

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#611 2 years ago

Well just found the hot spot to eat at if you want pizza. DiCarlos pizza, about 2 miles away. If you go you have to order the "original" style pizza. Here is what they do:

Square pizza.
    Sauce on first.
    Then any toppings you order.
    Lastly, the kicker. They cook the pizza fully and then pull it out and load the top with freshly shaved cold Provolone cheese. First time in 40 years that I've ever had Provolone on pizza and I used to work in the industry for 15 years. This might be some of the best tasting pizza I have ever had. Enjoy.

#620 2 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone look at the ICe Fever and Supersonic for sale? Are they nice and can you post prices?
    Any Williams IJ for sale?

Just played it. $700. Appears to work 100%. Did not see any issues. Pictures speak for themselves.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#622 2 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

Question for you guys--I submitted a game registration for the Free Play area yesterday afternoon, but haven't received a confirmation yet (they say it takes 24 hours). I understand the guys running this are probably crazy busy now so it's not really a complaint--my question is, if I do not get confirmation, can I still bring my game? I understand it's a last minute thing but just wanted to make sure before making the trip tomorrow morning. I did just send an email to the address the site suggested if I didn't hear back in 24 hours.

You are good to go!

#666 2 years ago

I'm in need of a replacement DMD for my Stern Austin Powers. If you have one please PM. Thanks!

#708 2 years ago

This was my first York show, and the only other show I have attended was the Allentown show earlier this year as I'm still very new to this hobby. While smaller than the Allentown show it was still a great show to attend. Pinball Star and Cointaker get major props for bringing a spectacular lineup of newer games for everyone to enjoy.

The gentlemen running the IFPA tournament (sorry I forgot your name), much thanks goes out to him for running 2 different formats on both days. This was only my second time playing in a tournament and I like the idea of having the tournament during the show as it gives me something else to do and look forward too. It was also nice to place 3rd in the Match Play tournament on Saturday and win a cool $104.

Lastly, this was my first time bringing a machine for Free Play(Riverboat Gambler). There were 2 other Riverboat Gamblers at the show, however mine was super clean and super nice. I spent the extra time Thursday night cleaning the game, applying a fresh coat of wax, and making sure the machine was tuned just right. The game played great and didn't experience any issues during the 2 days. At the close of the show on Saturday I still had the game and reached out to PoMC (Rick) to see if he was up for a trade for his No Fear. Having never met Rick before, he was awesome to deal with and he agreed to a trade. We arrive home last night around 11pm and I set it up for the kids play and minus the known upper flipper issue, the game plays great. Thanks Rick for making the trade! Please let me know if you have any problems with the RBG. By the it's Chad, not Craig (haha!)

#775 2 years ago

Otaku, or anyone else interested in EM's, just saw a real nice one pop in southern PA near Delaware. Domino for $850.

delaware.craigslist.org link

restored domino, new repro bg, almost mint pf, cabinet restored to like new, great chrome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 224.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside