3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball_Nate
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 3 years ago

BOP 2.0 will be there

jules_(resized).jpg

2 months later
    #740 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

We've floated an idea similar to yours and the response was underwhelming. One issue is that as small as the Pinball community is, it is difficult to find judges could be viewed as neutral. The door prizes potentially benefit all attendees and not just a handful, so we keep doing them. We increased the number of door prizes after we couldn't continue the game giveaways. We are considering many options. We are considering a drawing for cash or a prize for those that preregister and keep their game there all weekend. (We need to verify what is legal and acceptable) What is now happening on Saturdays is what happened previously on Sundays and is the primary reason there is no show on Sunday anymore.

For myself, I like to share my games, and what I enjoy most is guys seeing something I have done and getting the enthusiasm to put some time into one of their games to make it nice.

We had a good turnout of some nice games at Allentown. Allentown handed out ribbons. Not sure how the scoring was done, I think they judged in categories, em, ss, dmd. Even though there was no monetary payout, or prizes, it's still pretty cool getting a ribbon.

If you have a nice game and its sitting in your basement collecting dust......bring it to a show. Yes you will have a problem, (something will always show up), and you will probably have a mark or scratch on it when it gets home, but the "thanks for bringing it" statements always overcome any switch problem or issue you will have.

looking forward to next year....

#755 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

That was really generous, I'd be soo nervous hauling/sharing something that spectacular!
    -Nate

Thanks Nate....she's making the rounds...here's a cool shot of how the CT crew moves games.....she's on her way to Expo.

ontoexpo (resized).jpg

#757 3 years ago

Rick, again....great show and look forward to it next year.

#787 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Just watched Todd's video about Black Hole and Critical Mass. It's unfortunate that something wasn't set-up "formally" for the two individuals involved in their construction to talk a bit about the machines and explain exactly what they are. I wasn't aware of the significance of both of these when I was at the show.
    Even if a small microphone and speaker, and a dry-erase board announcing the time of the presentation were the only means of presentation, I think people would have enjoyed hearing a small talk about both games - that Black Hole was amazing.
    This might be something that could move the York show further along as far as things that are offered to see there.
    Just a constructive thought, I am not criticizing - I love the show and have seen it's positive progress already over the years!!

I had a chance to talk with and take a close look at CM with the owner right after tearing down. Unbelievable work with that game. He even made a full manual for it. I would have definitely attended a little seminar or short presentation of the story on some of these games.

Another game that was super interesting but I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner, was the wood rail with the LCD screen in the back box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 269.99
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 24.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside