(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#589 7 years ago

What's the price on Riverboat Gambler?

#598 7 years ago

Thanks for the photos guys!! Going tomorrow...............

#618 7 years ago

Looks like a Gottlieb show in there!

#693 7 years ago

Coyote:

Completely agree with you. The one thing I will never understand is how someone can set their machines up in such a pitiful state?!?! I was tempted to take home Blackout, but it was almost *level* and played like crap so I didn't even get tempted. I had never played one before, but would have enjoyed a project pin.

So many SS games were not pitched correctly. Sooooo many. I would fire the first ball and just walk away after waiting ten minutes for the ball to return to my flippers. Ridiculous.

Got to meet Rick and appreciate the playfield glass, nice guy. Talked to a few other pinsiders who I played Rob Zombie with, enjoyed their needling about my Pinside avatar badge. Missed a few pinsiders as well, I saw the Roddy Piper t-shirt (RIP loved that guy!).

Big Lebowski and the re-vamped Bride of Pinbot blew me away.

I actually like the rainy weather so I'm not spending a beautiful day inside playing pinball!!!

-Nate

#733 7 years ago

Last year actually was beautiful weather, 2015 - let's not forget that......

So many beautiful EM's on display, thank you for bringing them to the show. Whoever did the work on those beauties - they looked fantastic!!! I am editing some photos and will share some of them tonight.

That Haunted House gun game was a beauty as well - anyone take pics of playfield/front? Man, I used to love playing that machine while standing on a milk crate in Ocean City!!

I wish I could have seen The Thing before it left - Friday seems like the day to attend - so many machines disappear after the first day.

Black Hole blew me away - looked like it was even in BETTER shape than an original!!! Great job restoring that. No Fear looked great, glad it found a loving home, Swords of Fury was a beauty as well. Space Station was another in excellent shape.

It seems that more and more, a lot of fantastic restos are making their way into the York show - a welcomed trend!!!

-Nate

#745 7 years ago

burningman, that was your BOP?? Wow, I just want to tell you that you did an EXCELLENT job on that!!!! (Like you didn't know already!!) I loved playing that - it seemed like a whole different machine - I usually suck at Bride but having it dialed in perfectly really made a difference.

thanks for bringing it. That was really generous, I'd be soo nervous hauling/sharing something that spectacular!

-Nate

#746 7 years ago

Ryansherwood, thanks for the photo - that is a great game, when you are 7 years old and into monsters and horror movies, that looks like the greatest game ever!!!

I would not want to own one however, they are a BEAST of wires and gizmos to tinker with in there!!!!

-Nate

#751 7 years ago

Otaku, you are absolutely correct, seemed like the energy was there all the way to the end - I didn't realize it was sooo late until I heard people packing up. Here's some pics......that's my wife and I reflected in the Space Invaders backglass........

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg

16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg

17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg

36 (resized).jpg36 (resized).jpg

42 (resized).jpg42 (resized).jpg

43 (resized).jpg43 (resized).jpg

46 (resized).jpg46 (resized).jpg

49 (resized).jpg49 (resized).jpg

62 (resized).jpg62 (resized).jpg

64 (resized).jpg64 (resized).jpg

65 (resized).jpg65 (resized).jpg

#760 7 years ago

Ryan, thanks for all the great photos!

So many of these beauties were not there on Saturday............love the EM's for artwork/appearance - can't beat 'em!!!

#786 7 years ago

Just watched Todd's video about Black Hole and Critical Mass. It's unfortunate that something wasn't set-up "formally" for the two individuals involved in their construction to talk a bit about the machines and explain exactly what they are. I wasn't aware of the significance of both of these when I was at the show.

Even if a small microphone and speaker, and a dry-erase board announcing the time of the presentation were the only means of presentation, I think people would have enjoyed hearing a small talk about both games - that Black Hole was amazing.

This might be something that could move the York show further along as far as things that are offered to see there.

Just a constructive thought, I am not criticizing - I love the show and have seen it's positive progress already over the years!!

#793 7 years ago

Zacaj, I think you had to get all the drops down of a particular color before the kickout would accept a ball landing into it.............the bottom of the pf I never did really understand, how a ball gets down there and where does it return?? Looks like that is just a "bonus collector/passive" area with no flippers................

Another great discussion would be for that Bingo machine with the LCD screen installed - I saw that and didn't really know what I was looking at - I thought it was just a mock-up of a backboard that was missing/unobtainum.........

I'm sure there was room for more as well - Big Lebowski and the new Bride machine to name just a few more!!!

emkay, did they actually make a presentation?? I was under the impression that they did not? Saturday during the afternoon would have been a good time to do that.

#797 7 years ago

bingopodcast,

That makes sense, good use of the lower playfield as a timed multiball type of thing...........I wonder if the amount of time spent in the slingshots corresponds somehow to amount of points earned or similar goals on pf??? That would be great.

Oh, bingo, figure out how to broadcast a small video on those tiny "score screens" you used and start making them as a mod for any machine - that'd be great!

-N

1 month later
    #803 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Sorry, must've missed your question previously. I was told they were going to make a presentation around 6-6:30 on Friday but I wasn't able to stay that late so I can't say one way or the other.

That's ok, wish those guys would have gotten a little more recognition, I was admiring those machines and just assumed they were really nice rehabs........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition?tu=Pinball_Nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.