(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fliptastic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am really bummed out about the show this year. I'll be busy helping my oldest son (who lives in NJ) move into his first house all weekend. I just got word last night that we will be making the move Friday the 30th and Saturday the 1st for sure. Small stuff in my van all day Friday and rental truck Saturday with a couple of his friends for furniture. So it is confirmed now - no York Show for me this year unless I run over Thursday and say hello to a few friends & to see Rich.
    Sometimes life can really suck but family has to come first! The crazy thing is this is the 3rd year in a row family issues have kept me from being at York. Already planning for Allentown in the Spring & York next Fall. Such is life --- I guess!

I hear you on this one. I seem to be on an every other year streak making it to the show for the same reasons

#639 7 years ago

Was great to have the chance to play so many games. Big Lebowski, Kiss, Ghostbusters, Rob Zombie, Hobbit to name a few. Good show, left with a bag of parts and cleaning supplies. Thanks to all that brought games and those that organize the show!

#769 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Great video as always, Todd. Seriously, thank you for documenting these shows year after year and taking the time to edit it all together! Amazing job!
    Shoutout to the fellow pinsider and York show attendee who called my games awful looking in the comment section.
    "Todd, I hope you said something to that guy wearing the Zeppelin shirt. Those three games he had there were awful looking. The Sky Jump had more solder droppings in the bottom of the cabinet than I've ever seen in a game. We owe it to these games to NOT f*ck them up. Otherwise, great video as always."
    That's not very nice. Wasn't solder droppings, the morning before driving to York I spent all day waxing the playfield, installing new rubbers, and cleaning the plastics to make sure it played great for everybody and didn't have time to vacuum up the dry wax bits that fell inside of the cabinet as this was all last minute. Unfortunately the only reason the inside was seen was because I spent 5 straight hours at the show attempting to track down a deep problem so people could enjoy it. I put a lot of time into each and every one of them and I know they're not perfect as others' yet but I would appreciate it if you kept your negative remarks to yourself, you know who you are. Every one of those games came to me as heavy projects, especially the Sky Jump where the playfield was covered in an oily substance, and they've all come a long way after many long nights.
    It was hell fitting that all into my minivan and unloading it and setting it up both all by myself, but I did it to contribute to the show. I hope some people who got the chance to play them enjoyed them! During the winter I'll be going over them completely and legitimately shopping them out even more. Can't wait to do it again next year. It's so worth the backache.

I saw you at the show, but I regretfully didn't speak with you. I enjoyed your games and appreciate the time and effort it takes to bring and set up for people you don't even know to enjoy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fliptastic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition?tu=Fliptastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.