(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
    #1 7 years ago

The "York" or White Rose Gameroom Show is only 2 months away folks! What are you bringing? What are you looking for? This will be my first York show and only my second show overall (just attended the Allentown Show earlier in the year). Any advice or feedback for the show or the area is appreciated. I will be bringing the entire family (4 kids included).

Show Info:

http://www.theyorkshow.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/theyorkshow

Sept 30 - Oct 1 2016
    York Fairgrounds and Expo Center
    York, Pennsylvania 17404

Vendor set-up only Thursday Sept 29 time: 1PM-8PM
    Friday Sept 30 show time: 10AM-8PM set-up 8AM-10AM
    Saturday Oct 1 show time: 9AM-6PM set-up 8AM-9AM

* Pinball machines, video games, jukeboxes, slot machines, etc.
    * Lots of door prizes.
    * Outdoor flea market with no admission charge!
    * Pinball and Gameroom items on sale.
    * Kids and adults pinball machine tournaments -
    * Refreshments will be available.

Cost - $15 Adults, $5 children ages 6-12, Free for Kids 5 and younger. (All prices are per person, per day)

Vendors:
    Mayfair Amusement
    Cointaker LEDs
    Breweriana Sales
    Nighthawk Games PBlifter
    Game Time Maryland
    Rec Room Specialties
    Dale Reinhart Jukebox Restorations
    Starship Fantasies
    Pinball Star
    VP Cabs
    Pinball Parts Plus
    Pinball Gallery
    Confetti Arcade
    BAP Jukebox Restoration & Service
    Rockland Pinball
    Kahr.US Circuits

#2 7 years ago

I will be bringing cash
    I will be looking for misc. parts and cheap projects to resurrect and hopefully I can cross at least three machines off of my want list

#3 7 years ago

I'm 99% sure I'm bringing up one machine. I just need to decide which one to bring from my collection which consists of:

Austin Powers
    Grand Lizard
    Space Shuttle
    Riverboat Gambler

#4 7 years ago

I'm going up but will only be there on Saturday.

And djreddog, I vote for Grand Lizard!

#5 7 years ago

York is a GREAT SHOW and even though it is much smaller than Allentown I actually like it better. Somehow it just seems more laid back or something. Typically outside flea market has about 10 to 15 dealers and inside is full of vendors & freeplay machines. If I remember correctly typically about 200 machines on freeplay (give or take a dozen).

Rich has done a great job with the show but I think it has rained every year since he took it over 3 (or so) years ago. Hopefully this year will be nice a dry both days for a change!

I keep trying to set up either inside or out at the flea market but every year it seems like something else in my life keeps me from being a vendor at York. And sadly this year doesn't look any better for me. I want to at least try to get a few machines into the freeplay area but I guess that is even still up in the air at this point.

#6 7 years ago

I may bring this beautiful wcs im totally redoing and put in free play and for sale. Also got lots of parts and mods i will be listing to sell and bring to show for people. Including subwoofers, mirror blades, translights ,cftbl hologram parts, manuals and other parts and accessories

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm going up but will only be there on Saturday.
    And djreddog, I vote for Grand Lizard!

Sadly, Grand Lizard is at the bottom of the list. I just got into the hobby about 7 months ago and that was the first pin I purchased, so it might not ever leave my collection. I have the game setup playing extremely fast and it kicks your a$$ more times than not. I have super bands all over the PF and on the flippers, steep incline, blitz wax, fresh silverballs, and LED's throughout the PF.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Sadly, Grand Lizard is at the bottom of the list. I just got into the hobby about 7 months ago and that was the first pin I purchased, so it might not ever leave my collection. I have the game setup playing extremely fast and it kicks your a$$ more times than not. I have super bands all over the PF and on the flippers, steep incline, blitz wax, fresh silverballs, and LED's throughout the PF.

Your description of the game only leaves me wanting to play it more

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Your description of the game only leaves me wanting to play it more

Not sure how far Wisconsin is from the First State, but if you are ever near the area, feel free to reach out to me and you can swing by and play it as long as you like.

#10 7 years ago

I actually live in PA now. I Just haven't updated my profile yet (will do that now). Appreciate the offer though. We can meet up for a game at the York show.

#11 7 years ago

I'll be there. Gonna bring my newly-restored PF Twilight Zone, and have it sporting the blue powerball. Good luck, ya'll. Muhaha.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I'll be there. Gonna bring my newly-restored PF Twilight Zone, and have it sporting the blue powerball. Good luck, ya'll. Muhaha.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Followed your restoration

#13 7 years ago

Favorited! Anyone know if there is a Google Doc yet?

I'll most likely be bringing my modded JP. Looking to trade for something of equal value.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Looking forward to seeing this one. Followed your restoration

It still has a few peculiarities that have me stumped, I hope to have them cleared up before the show.

Quoted from Camvr2013:

Favorited! Anyone know if there is a Google Doc yet?
    I'll most likely be bringing my modded JP. Looking to trade for something of equal value.

I'd there isn't one yet (official or un-), I can start I've easily..

#15 7 years ago

I'll let others chime in but I thought I heard other Pinsiders mention in other threads that the organizer of this show really frowns upon the spreadsheet.

#16 7 years ago

I may be bringing a players condition Stern Lightning or Flash Gordon for free play. Haven't decided yet.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I'll let others chime in but I thought I heard other Pinsiders mention in other threads that the organizer of this show really frowns upon the spreadsheet.

I think most show organizers aren't pleased with the spreadsheets as it can deter folks from bringing their games to the show for Free Play.

Spreadsheet or no, I'm stoked for the York Show!!

#18 7 years ago

I will be bringing a GTB Sure Shot for wedgehead row, assuming that there is one.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I will be bringing a GTB Sure Shot for wedgehead row, assuming that there is one.

Hell yeah, let's do it again boys!

#20 7 years ago

I will be heading up early Friday and staying overnight. In the past, do all of the Pinsiders usually gather up for a dinner or drinks somewhere?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Can you share a link to your restore thread? I'd like to check it out.

#22 7 years ago

Looking forward to all the games and vendors and NO RAIN!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I got to play this and had playfield ENVY when I saw it. Smooth as GLASS!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Can you share a link to your restore thread? I'd like to check it out.

Here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sample-tz-resto
    It's just a PF restore. Very little work was done on cabinet. The PF was in horrid condition - almost unplayable - so maybe in the next few years, I'll have a new cabinet done up.

#25 7 years ago

Anyone already planning on bringing some machines to trade or sell? I'm considering going to the show as I've never been to one and it sounds like a lot of fun. If I go, I'm debating whether I rent a van so I can bring home a machine and potentially even bring one of mine to trade/sell. I would consider bringing my Met Pro (like new condition, LEDs, color DMD, flipper fidelity speakers and sub, lit flipper buttons, and under cabinet lighting) or my Getaway (playfield in excellent condition, light wear on cab near flipper buttons and a few minor wear spots throughout, mountain mod, pinballbulbs full LED kit).

Trying to drum up some interest and/or offers to see if it's worth bringing one of my machines. I'm most interested in a trade (can be +/- cash if appropriate) deal for one of the following games: Shadow, STTNG, TSPP, TZ, or MM. I realize that the TZ and MM would include cash going your way for sure. I don't need a collector quality, but I don't want any playfield wear or a completely beat up cab either.

I also have a great TAF with color DMD, full cointaker premium LEDs, excellent playfield, great cabinet (has carriage bolt holes and a small chip in front of cab but new decal is included), and some great mods. I wouldn't give this one up unless it was a great deal for a premium machine.

Please PM me if interested.

What are other bringing along to trade / sell?

Thanks!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I'll be sure to look for that to get a few plays on it. That was the very first pin that I bought years ago. Good times, should never have sold it.

#27 7 years ago

Looking forward to it this year. First time in almost 5 years that I'm home to go!

#28 7 years ago

i'm only about 30 minutes away, so it's a no-brainer.

i may have a HS2. new cabinet decals. just installed a flipper fidelity 3-piece kit. 100% led'd. lots of throw-in parts: spare plastics, cliffys.

#29 7 years ago

No idea what I'm bringing but I already have the day off from work and I'm looking forward to it!
    We need automated to come down with a truck full of playfields like they had at Pintastic..

#30 7 years ago

The York Show:
    I work 2 miles from it, and IMHO, they had the best t-shirt (backprint) of any 2015 show.

#31 7 years ago

Stupid questions for those bringing games -
    (1) Do you reset high scores before delivery, or leave your super-awesome high-scores on there and wish people 'good luck!'?
    (2) If something happens - i.e. A ball gets stuck. Coil loses a wire - does someone at the show try to contact you to let you know?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

(1) Do you reset high scores before delivery, or leave your super-awesome high-scores on there and wish people 'good luck!'?
    (2) If something happens - i.e. A ball gets stuck. Coil loses a wire - does someone at the show try to contact you to let you know?

1. I think that is up to the owner.
    2. From the shows I've been at, people tend to leave their phone number on a game and then people can call/text the person to let them know of any issues that may come up.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

1: Up to owner, up to buyer, really. Once it's gone it's theirs and they can do what they want. No rules or community guidelines attached to that, just up to what you want to do really.

2: Yeah. I text people and let them know if there's an apparent problem with a machine and have received thanks in the rare times it was needed. Obviously only do it if it's like a ball stuck or a coil stuck on or something broke on the playfield, not "your flippers are weak" or something along those lines. Keep in mind a lot of people bring shitshows to sell (ruins the "show" attitude IMO) that are running enough to warrant putting them on the floor when they really should be in the flea market but usually I find that's more at Pinfest (larger) than at York.

#34 7 years ago

Reposting this...possibly looking for something to do Friday night.

I will be heading up early Friday and staying overnight. In the past, do all of the Pinsiders usually gather up for a dinner or drinks somewhere?

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

If you are not bringing it to sell, leave your high scores on it. If it is for sale, manually adjust the high scores as low as possible. That way players who have an idea of buying it, can begin to "take ownership" in their minds by posting their high scores and coming back to play the game again and again when someone tops them.

#36 7 years ago

If you need a room Friday night in the official hotel (at the $85 rate) the time to act is probably now... I made my reservation this morning and they told me only 4 rooms remain for the night.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#37 7 years ago

I'll be on the hunt for
    Ironman huo 4k
    Sopranos huo 3.5k
    Avengers huo 3.5
    Ironman rted 3.5k
    Sopranos rted 3k
    Avengers rted 3k
    If you have one of these your willing to let go for the prices stated please lmk. Thanks.

#38 7 years ago

Looking for any NOS Haunted House parts, playfields or backglass.

Can't wait for the show.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Looking for any NOS Haunted House parts, playfields or backglass.
    Can't wait for the show.

...Wait, then why did you post here?

#40 7 years ago

I have a Jack in the Box and a Quick Draw that I could deliver to the show. Send me PM if interested

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

I have a Jack in the Box and a Quick Draw that I could deliver to the show. Send me PM if interested

Sounds great. Bring them to the show and put them in the free play area for people to enjoy and maybe you will find a buyer there.

#42 7 years ago

I can't wait for the York show this year. Does anyone have any beat up playfields for sale? I struck out last year. I'm making a lit playfield floor so I'm looking for junk not anything that could be used in a machine. Thx

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

I can't wait for the York show this year. Does anyone have any beat up playfields for sale? I struck out last year. I'm making a lit playfield floor so I'm looking for junk not anything that could be used in a machine. Thx

How many are you looking for? Typically I sell all I have to a friend of mine in Western PA and I am suppose to drop a dozen (or so) off to him this coming week but I might be able to have some ready for York. Normally I sell them with inserts removed for $10 each or with inserts in them for $20 each.

If this interest you let me know and I'll see what I can get together for you before the show. Most of the playfields I'll have will be woodrail or EM machines as far as I remember. There might be a couple earlier SS machines but nothing from newer than about 1980 at this point.

#44 7 years ago

Unless it sells before then, I have a working Joker Poker that I can bring if someone is interested in buying it. I can only make it on Sat morning or else I'd bring it for Free Play. I also have a project Disco machine I can bring if anyone wants it. PM me for details.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from LEE:

Sounds great. Bring them to the show and put them in the free play area for people to enjoy and maybe you will find a buyer there.

I'm only bringing the games if they are sold before. That is why I said, "deliver to the show." If the person buying the game, or games, wants to put them up in free play they can. I like to have room in my van if I see something I want to buy. I'm not a big fan of unpacking, setting up, and then having to repack a game.

So if anyone is interested in a Jack in the Box or Quick Draw just send me a PM.

#46 7 years ago

BOP 2.0 will be there

jules_(resized).jpgjules_(resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago

Host hotel is sold out, just called. Probably will sit this year out.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

Host hotel is sold out, just called. Probably will sit this year out.

Motel 6, about 4 miles up the road has rooms for $53.

#49 7 years ago

Thanks I'll check it out.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

I'm only bringing the games if they are sold before. That is why I said, "deliver to the show." If the person buying the game, or games, wants to put them up in free play they can. I like to have room in my van if I see something I want to buy. I'm not a big fan of unpacking, setting up, and then having to repack a game.
    So if anyone is interested in a Jack in the Box or Quick Draw just send me a PM.

Ahhh, I see now. You are one of those people who only want to take advantage of the show being there so that you can profit from it.

Here's the way I see it;
    There wouldn't be a show at all for people like you to profit from it if good people didn't bring pinball machines inside the show to sell(or to share) in the free play area.

I'm one of those people who like to bring games into a show and shun parking lot deals so that the show will continue to go on.

Maybe that makes me a sucker.

What does that make you, I wonder?

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition?hl=rbissett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.