(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
    #751 7 years ago

Otaku, you are absolutely correct, seemed like the energy was there all the way to the end - I didn't realize it was sooo late until I heard people packing up. Here's some pics......that's my wife and I reflected in the Space Invaders backglass........

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg

16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg

17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg

36 (resized).jpg36 (resized).jpg

42 (resized).jpg42 (resized).jpg

43 (resized).jpg43 (resized).jpg

46 (resized).jpg46 (resized).jpg

49 (resized).jpg49 (resized).jpg

62 (resized).jpg62 (resized).jpg

64 (resized).jpg64 (resized).jpg

65 (resized).jpg65 (resized).jpg

#752 7 years ago

Just my 2 cents....
    This was my 8th York show and it seems to get a little bigger and better every year. It's a 9 hr round trip from eastern Ohio but worth it. It seems to have a different "flavor" than the Ohio shows or even Allentown and is also very well organized.
    Good job to those who put the show on every year. See you next year!

Andrew

#753 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Otaku, you are absolutely correct, seemed like the energy was there all the way to the end - I didn't realize it was sooo late until I heard people packing up. Here's some pics......that's my wife and I reflected in the Space Invaders backglass........

Definitely, and I feel the same way! What model of camera is that, by the way? Pretty nice quality for pinball photos at what I'm assuming isn't over the top expensive. (but who knows)

#754 7 years ago

We have survey up and running at http://surveysilver.com/index.php/445785/lang-en Please take a few minutes and complete it. We do read and try to improve the show based on feedback. It also helps us direct our focus on things like Advertising and so on.

#755 7 years ago

That was really generous, I'd be soo nervous hauling/sharing something that spectacular!
    -Nate

Thanks Nate....she's making the rounds...here's a cool shot of how the CT crew moves games.....she's on her way to Expo.

ontoexpo (resized).jpgontoexpo (resized).jpg

#756 7 years ago

I have used their cart and method to move games around and it works great. I keep meaning to get the same setup but never seem to get around to it.

#757 7 years ago

Rick, again....great show and look forward to it next year.

#758 7 years ago

So many beautiful EM's on display

Oh my gawd, this was one of the main reasons I FLEW to York (for my first York eh-varrr) and it was well worth it. Robin's gonna kill me for this photo dump, but I just wanted to say thanks to all the bringers of wood rails, bagtelles and EM oddities:

IMG_6439 (resized).JPGIMG_6439 (resized).JPG

IMG_6448 (resized).JPGIMG_6448 (resized).JPG

IMG_6446 (resized).JPGIMG_6446 (resized).JPG

IMG_6449 (resized).JPGIMG_6449 (resized).JPG

IMG_6465 (resized).JPGIMG_6465 (resized).JPG

IMG_6466 (resized).JPGIMG_6466 (resized).JPG

IMG_6451 (resized).JPGIMG_6451 (resized).JPG

IMG_6476 (resized).JPGIMG_6476 (resized).JPG

IMG_6477 (resized).JPGIMG_6477 (resized).JPG

IMG_6484 (resized).JPGIMG_6484 (resized).JPG

IMG_6507 (resized).JPGIMG_6507 (resized).JPG

IMG_6483 (resized).JPGIMG_6483 (resized).JPG

IMG_6508 (resized).JPGIMG_6508 (resized).JPG

IMG_6511 (resized).JPGIMG_6511 (resized).JPG

IMG_6510 (resized).JPGIMG_6510 (resized).JPG

IMG_6512 (resized).JPGIMG_6512 (resized).JPG

IMG_6515 (resized).JPGIMG_6515 (resized).JPG

IMG_6524 (resized).JPGIMG_6524 (resized).JPG

IMG_6522 (resized).JPGIMG_6522 (resized).JPG

IMG_6525 (resized).JPGIMG_6525 (resized).JPG

IMG_6526 (resized).JPGIMG_6526 (resized).JPG

IMG_6528 (resized).JPGIMG_6528 (resized).JPG

IMG_6527 (resized).JPGIMG_6527 (resized).JPG

IMG_6529 (resized).JPGIMG_6529 (resized).JPG

IMG_6530 (resized).JPGIMG_6530 (resized).JPG

IMG_6533 (resized).JPGIMG_6533 (resized).JPG

IMG_6532 (resized).JPGIMG_6532 (resized).JPG

IMG_6534 (resized).JPGIMG_6534 (resized).JPG

IMG_6535 (resized).JPGIMG_6535 (resized).JPG

IMG_6536 (resized).JPGIMG_6536 (resized).JPG

IMG_6537 (resized).JPGIMG_6537 (resized).JPG

IMG_6538 (resized).JPGIMG_6538 (resized).JPG

IMG_6541 (resized).JPGIMG_6541 (resized).JPG

IMG_6542 (resized).JPGIMG_6542 (resized).JPG

IMG_6543 (resized).JPGIMG_6543 (resized).JPG

IMG_6545 (resized).JPGIMG_6545 (resized).JPG

IMG_6548 (resized).JPGIMG_6548 (resized).JPG

IMG_6565 (resized).JPGIMG_6565 (resized).JPG

IMG_6566 (resized).JPGIMG_6566 (resized).JPG

IMG_6571 (resized).JPGIMG_6571 (resized).JPG

IMG_6583 (resized).JPGIMG_6583 (resized).JPG

IMG_6593 (resized).JPGIMG_6593 (resized).JPG

#759 7 years ago

...and a few more. I don't believe these made it in the prior attachments. Enjoy! (I sure did!)

IMG_6611 (resized).JPGIMG_6611 (resized).JPG

IMG_6613 (resized).JPGIMG_6613 (resized).JPG

IMG_6615 (resized).JPGIMG_6615 (resized).JPG

IMG_6616 (resized).JPGIMG_6616 (resized).JPG

IMG_6685 (resized).JPGIMG_6685 (resized).JPG

IMG_6687 (resized).JPGIMG_6687 (resized).JPG

IMG_6689 (resized).JPGIMG_6689 (resized).JPG

IMG_6688 (resized).JPGIMG_6688 (resized).JPG

IMG_6690 (resized).JPGIMG_6690 (resized).JPG

IMG_6691 (resized).JPGIMG_6691 (resized).JPG

IMG_6700 (resized).JPGIMG_6700 (resized).JPG

IMG_6701 (resized).JPGIMG_6701 (resized).JPG

#760 7 years ago

Ryan, thanks for all the great photos!

So many of these beauties were not there on Saturday............love the EM's for artwork/appearance - can't beat 'em!!!

#761 7 years ago

Here is my one hour plus WHITEROSE GAME ROOM SHOW video!! Enjoy it! Todd

#762 7 years ago

Great photos of the show everybody and nice Todd Tuckey video too.

#763 7 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

» YouTube video

Great video as always, Todd. Seriously, thank you for documenting these shows year after year and taking the time to edit it all together! Amazing job!

Shoutout to the fellow pinsider and York show attendee who called my games awful looking in the comment section.

"Todd, I hope you said something to that guy wearing the Zeppelin shirt. Those three games he had there were awful looking. The Sky Jump had more solder droppings in the bottom of the cabinet than I've ever seen in a game. We owe it to these games to NOT f*ck them up. Otherwise, great video as always."

That's not very nice. Wasn't solder droppings, the morning before driving to York I spent all day waxing the playfield, installing new rubbers, and cleaning the plastics to make sure it played great for everybody and didn't have time to vacuum up the dry wax bits that fell inside of the cabinet as this was all last minute. Unfortunately the only reason the inside was seen was because I spent 5 straight hours at the show attempting to track down a deep problem so people could enjoy it. I put a lot of time into each and every one of them and I know they're not perfect as others' yet but I would appreciate it if you kept your negative remarks to yourself, you know who you are. Every one of those games came to me as heavy projects, especially the Sky Jump where the playfield was covered in an oily substance, and they've all come a long way after many long nights.

It was hell fitting that all into my minivan and unloading it and setting it up both all by myself, but I did it to contribute to the show. I hope some people who got the chance to play them enjoyed them! During the winter I'll be going over them completely and legitimately shopping them out even more. Can't wait to do it again next year. It's so worth the backache.

^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png

#764 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Shoutout to the fellow pinsider and York show attendee who called my games awful looking in the comment section.
    "Todd, I hope you said something to that guy wearing the Zeppelin shirt. Those three games he had there were awful looking. The Sky Jump had more solder droppings in the bottom of the cabinet than I've ever seen in a game. We owe it to these games to NOT f*ck them up. Otherwise, great video as always."

I wasn't at the show, nor have I seen your pins but wow what a douche to make a comment like that. Since when is a show about nit picking what is inside the cabinet, seriously. So maybe the next show should only have pristine, untouched, HUO pins and instead of playing them (heavens no!!) people can stand back behind a rope and take pictures?

THANK YOU for bringing the pins for everyone to enjoy! I know I would have had a blast getting some time in on sky jump regardless of what might be inside the cabinet haha

#765 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

$3500 for Cosmic Gunfight is almost as crazy as the $2K Baby Pac.

As a previous post mentioned, the price I put on Baby Pac Man, Demolition Man and Champion Pub were "too high to be considered". Last year when I placed "not for sale" tags, I was receiving offers. Flattering for sure, but I'm helping with the show and I really don't have time to negotiate offers. I want the tags on my games so people can contact me with service issues, not offers. I know, it seems counterintuitive, but it worked. Not a single offer during the show on any game.

#766 7 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

I wasn't at the show, nor have I seen your pins but wow what a douche to make a comment like that. Since when is a show about nit picking what is inside the cabinet, seriously. So maybe the next show should only have pristine, untouched, HUO pins and instead of playing them (heavens no!!) people can stand back behind a rope and take pictures?
    THANK YOU for bringing the pins for everyone to enjoy! I know I would have had a blast getting some time in on sky jump regardless of what might be inside the cabinet haha

Thank you for the kind words. I consider myself a preservationist and truly have saved quite a few games from an awful spot where they were likely bound to be parted out. I've been personally insulted a lot before but this is the first time anybody has ever said anything about my games and it stinks but I'm not gonna let it get to me, they're all a LOT better than where they came from especially all of those pictured and that is what I am proud of. They are originals, no repaints or reproductions here... somebody needs to tell him you can't even get a 110% perfect ORIGINAL game unless you have a time machine anyways! Sure, you can find really nice 99% perfect games but these are close enough for me and I don't mind mixing them with those nicer games in my own collection. Somebody needs to love the non-high end games too! Although I could brag about my playfield and backglass condition on those 3 all day long...

#767 7 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

Agreed, Otaku thanks for bringing the games to the show no matter the condition. It's people like you who bring games to the show, spending a lot of time bringing them back and forth, setting them up, so people can play them all day and beat the crap out of them. The games make the shows. Don't let someones comments get you down. I'm sure many people appreciate what you do and agree with mine and PhilK's comments. On my website I have people write the most negative and craziest comments to me. I don't care because the people who say nice things about my social media sites shows the other side of how nice people can be. Keep up the great work with the games.

#768 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

It was hell fitting that all into my minivan and unloading it and setting it up both all by myself, but I did it to contribute to the show. I hope some people who got the chance to play them enjoyed them! During the winter I'll be going over them completely and legitimately shopping them out even more. Can't wait to do it again next year. It's so worth the backache.

Don't worry the majority of the people here and attending totally understand and are VERY appreciative of the time and effort you put into the show and this great hobby. As one who has been there just like you by myself setting up a game and hoping it works through the show I can applaud you for every effort you made and I will be sure to meet you and shake your hand next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#769 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Great video as always, Todd. Seriously, thank you for documenting these shows year after year and taking the time to edit it all together! Amazing job!
    That's not very nice. Wasn't solder droppings, the morning before driving to York I spent all day waxing the playfield, installing new rubbers, and cleaning the plastics to make sure it played great for everybody and didn't have time to vacuum up the dry wax bits that fell inside of the cabinet as this was all last minute. Unfortunately the only reason the inside was seen was because I spent 5 straight hours at the show attempting to track down a deep problem so people could enjoy it. I put a lot of time into each and every one of them and I know they're not perfect as others' yet but I would appreciate it if you kept your negative remarks to yourself, you know who you are. Every one of those games came to me as heavy projects, especially the Sky Jump where the playfield was covered in an oily substance, and they've all come a long way after many long nights.

I saw you at the show, but I regretfully didn't speak with you. I enjoyed your games and appreciate the time and effort it takes to bring and set up for people you don't even know to enjoy!

#770 7 years ago

People can be jackasses, I doubt that jackass humped a game to the show himself. Thank you for bringing your games to the show... there would be no show without you guys.

#771 7 years ago

Of all the York Show posts here after the show, I also wanted to give some 'props' to Steven.
    I wonder what most of us were doing when we were 18?

Steve, it was great of you to bring your games to York (I enjoyed them!), what a great collection you have.

Thanks again, my hat's off to you!

York Kid (resized).jpgYork Kid (resized).jpg

#772 7 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

» YouTube video

Here is my Collector card signed by the man himself. I for one appreciate all the videos he has done. In restoring/buying/selling machines over the years I come across a lot of people who are new to the Hobby. They all have one thing in common. Almost all of them tell me that they decided what machine to buy first by watching TNT's videos to understand the gameplay and features and if it was right for them. Todd you make me smile and laugh every time I see you thanks for all you do not just in the Pinball business but to keep the Hobby fresh and alive for so many newcomers like "OTAKU" THAT GUY IS AWESOME!!!!!

Tuck (resized).jpgTuck (resized).jpg

tt2016.2 (resized).jpgtt2016.2 (resized).jpg

#773 7 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

I wonder what most of us were doing when we were 18?

Playing EM pins on location, that's what!

#774 7 years ago

That darned feces truck!

#775 7 years ago

Otaku, or anyone else interested in EM's, just saw a real nice one pop in southern PA near Delaware. Domino for $850.

delaware.craigslist.org link

restored domino, new repro bg, almost mint pf, cabinet restored to like new, great chrome.

#776 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Otaku, or anyone else interested in EM's, just saw a real nice one pop in southern PA near Delaware. Domino for $850.
    delaware.craigslist.org link
    restored domino, new repro bg, almost mint pf, cabinet restored to like new, great chrome.

I'm glad I have mine, really great all original condition besides the rough cabinet, which doesn't bother me, that is the fixable part and in addition to that is usually mostly hidden by the other games anyways. My standards for perfect playfields and nice backglasses are much much higher, that is the unfixable part (or at least much more difficult) and much more of a focal point. That one is nice, but that repaint is too clean cut. Needs webbing and duller paint lines, and maybe a creamier white. There's my picky comment for the day! Yes, it's probably ironic... I'm sure it's the right game for somebody, just not me! (Even if I didn't have one already)

Thanks for posting. Domino is a great game!

#777 7 years ago

Hi, all. I'm Rich's brother, and I'm the one that did the Facebook posts; I also do the time lapse video and a few other things. I don't normally check in on Pinside other than to see how the White Rose Gameroom Show went.

This may be a moot point, but we didn't really lose ~40 games between Friday and Saturday. Friday, I counted all games on free play, including in the vendor areas. When I did the count Saturday, I missed some games in vendor areas - probably something like 10 games. So we still lost 30ish, but some of those were vendor games, not free play area. I blame sleep deprivation.

However, I thought we lost fewer games from Friday to Saturday this year than in 2015. I felt like we had a very good selection of games Saturday. Still, we're open to ideas to convince people to leave them both days.

I'd just like to add my thanks to everyone for bringing games, whether it was both days or only one - without you making that effort, the show probably wouldn't exist at all. I know how much work it is to move games - I've watched Rich move many over the years.

#778 7 years ago
    Quoted from skater:

Still, we're open to ideas to convince people to leave them both days.

Gunpoint, blackmail, free strippers at the end of Saturday...

So many opportunities!

#779 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Gunpoint, blackmail, free strippers at the end of Saturday...
    So many opportunities!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#780 7 years ago

Nice Stripper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#781 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Nice Stripper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd bring a game for strippers that nice

#782 7 years ago

Wait, those are my strippers! They are not the sharpest, but they look nice.

#783 7 years ago

That stripper looks a little blue on the bottom

#784 7 years ago
    Quoted from skater:

Hi, all. I'm Rich's brother, and I'm the one that did the Facebook posts; I also do the time lapse video and a few other things. I don't normally check in on Pinside other than to see how the White Rose Gameroom Show went.

I know this guy. He's shady to say the least, what with his nice haircut and pleasant demeanor. Sure, he seems nice now, but he giggled every time I had to use that ridiculous bathroom in the Old Main hall.

#785 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballtec:

I know this guy. He's shady to say the least, what with his nice haircut and pleasant demeanor. Sure, he seems nice now, but he giggled every time I had to use that ridiculous bathroom in the Old Main hall.

You're just upset that I let us run out of Bort license plates!

#786 7 years ago

Just watched Todd's video about Black Hole and Critical Mass. It's unfortunate that something wasn't set-up "formally" for the two individuals involved in their construction to talk a bit about the machines and explain exactly what they are. I wasn't aware of the significance of both of these when I was at the show.

Even if a small microphone and speaker, and a dry-erase board announcing the time of the presentation were the only means of presentation, I think people would have enjoyed hearing a small talk about both games - that Black Hole was amazing.

This might be something that could move the York show further along as far as things that are offered to see there.

Just a constructive thought, I am not criticizing - I love the show and have seen it's positive progress already over the years!!

#787 7 years ago

Just watched Todd's video about Black Hole and Critical Mass. It's unfortunate that something wasn't set-up "formally" for the two individuals involved in their construction to talk a bit about the machines and explain exactly what they are. I wasn't aware of the significance of both of these when I was at the show.
    Even if a small microphone and speaker, and a dry-erase board announcing the time of the presentation were the only means of presentation, I think people would have enjoyed hearing a small talk about both games - that Black Hole was amazing.
    This might be something that could move the York show further along as far as things that are offered to see there.
    Just a constructive thought, I am not criticizing - I love the show and have seen it's positive progress already over the years!!

I had a chance to talk with and take a close look at CM with the owner right after tearing down. Unbelievable work with that game. He even made a full manual for it. I would have definitely attended a little seminar or short presentation of the story on some of these games.

Another game that was super interesting but I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner, was the wood rail with the LCD screen in the back box.

#788 7 years ago

Great idea. I would love a few formal talks/seminars at York.

#789 7 years ago

Just watched Todd's video

As silly as it sounds it would be funny to have Throne set up for Todd Tuckey that he could sit in at the show and talk pinball with anyone that wanted to...

#790 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Another game that was super interesting but I didn't get a chance to talk with the owner, was the wood rail with the LCD screen in the back box.

That was the multi-bingo, a really ambitious project where the designer, Nick Baldridge (Pinsider: BingoPodcast) is emulating ALL MANUFACTURED BINGO MACHINES in a single cabinet.

16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg

He's up to 40 out of 130-something titles. It was set up in Bingo Row all weekend, quite an amazing project, and realized in well under a year. Can't wait to see it in another year.

For those interested, here's a thread documenting the progress of the Multi-Bingo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multi-bingo-machine

...and another thread on York's Bingo Row this year, which includes posts from Nick about his experience at the 2016 York Show:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-row-at-2016-york-show

#791 7 years ago

I was familiar with the back story but had no idea they'd be there this year - or that this would be their last year to make an appearance, so I'm told. I very much wished I could have stayed for their presentation but hadn't made arrangements to stay that late, a mistake my wife and I agreed we wouldn't make again.

With all the talk in other threads about remakes, I couldn't help but wish that a CM production run was on the table. I had a blast playing it.

#792 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

With all the talk in other threads about remakes, I couldn't help but wish that a CM production run was on the table. I had a blast playing it.

So can someone explain how the hell you're supposed to shoot the kickout holes to lock balls? I put like $2 into that game and couldn't do a thing.

#793 7 years ago

Zacaj, I think you had to get all the drops down of a particular color before the kickout would accept a ball landing into it.............the bottom of the pf I never did really understand, how a ball gets down there and where does it return?? Looks like that is just a "bonus collector/passive" area with no flippers................

Another great discussion would be for that Bingo machine with the LCD screen installed - I saw that and didn't really know what I was looking at - I thought it was just a mock-up of a backboard that was missing/unobtainum.........

I'm sure there was room for more as well - Big Lebowski and the new Bride machine to name just a few more!!!

emkay, did they actually make a presentation?? I was under the impression that they did not? Saturday during the afternoon would have been a good time to do that.

#794 7 years ago

Zacaj, I think you had to get all the drops down of a particular color before the kickout would accept a ball landing into it.............the bottom of the pf I never did really understand, how a ball gets down there and where does it return?? Looks like that is just a "bonus collector/passive" area with no flippers................

I got them to light, but it seemed like they weren't shootable from any of the flippers, and just had to rely on random luck to get the ball to bounce in?

#795 7 years ago

Bottom playfield is only for multiball - the ball kicks around down there (tons of slings) and when the ball drains down there, multiball is over.

Very cool and neat lighting effects.

The saucers light with drop banks clearing, and can be made from the plunge (upper right saucer) or careful rebounds (from my play).

I only got multiball once, but it was incredible.

#796 7 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Bottom playfield is only for multiball - the ball kicks around down there (tons of slings) and when the ball drains down there, multiball is over.
    Very cool and neat lighting effects.

Interestingly enough, a similar idea popped up in another game prototype, but was never used in the production version. Stargate:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2847&picno=67321

#797 7 years ago

bingopodcast,

That makes sense, good use of the lower playfield as a timed multiball type of thing...........I wonder if the amount of time spent in the slingshots corresponds somehow to amount of points earned or similar goals on pf??? That would be great.

Oh, bingo, figure out how to broadcast a small video on those tiny "score screens" you used and start making them as a mod for any machine - that'd be great!

-N

#798 7 years ago

I played for a while trying to get a ball in the lower playfield. There was a hole in the very upper left of the playfield within a closed gate. If you shot the lane to the left of the closed gate, it would open - then you had to make the same shot again to get the ball down to the lower playfield.

#799 7 years ago

figure out how to broadcast a small video on those tiny "score screens" you used and start making them as a mod for any machine

Oh, I could do that right now if I wanted to - they are just little computer monitors - the problem with other machines is that I don't have control over the other games' code.

But you could certainly mount one with a pi under the apron and get it to loop a movie easily enough.

#800 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

If you shot the lane to the left of the closed gate, it would open

I believe it only opened if you had locked a ball in a saucer then made that shot. It was a giant diverter mech in the upper-left. Neat mechanic.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.