2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball_Nate
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
    #701 2 years ago

Hey Steve (Jester), thanks for the pic of me and my wife, even though she turned her back because she doesn't like het picture being taken.

That was our spot there behind us and was the first time I ever set up at a show. But back in the late 90s I used to sell at a flea market every weekend and really enjoyed it. Biggest drawback is I didn't get to play many games since I wanted to be at our booth or at least within eyeball range so I could see if anyone had questions.

We brought a Simpsons Pinball Party that started the show at 350ish on the counter and ended at close to 900 when it was sold early afternoon today. We also put our No Fear in the free play area and I was happy to see both games have a steady stream of players, and even lines for them also. I was offered a last minute trade at the end of the show for a Riverboat Gambler for our No Fear. I said what the heck after talking to Craig and meeting his wife and kids. They are new to the hobby, so I thought it was cool to be in a trade that let them leave the show with a new game to play instead of taking theirs back home. At that point I was still loading a pin up either way and I can't resist a new pin to play even when I just two new ones recently. The sickness!

I enjoyed demonstrating the touch jukebox/game systems I had and I made sure to have two running. One was running the jukebox and the other was on the games and lots of kids were enjoying playing Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Subway Surfer, etc. One funny moment was when the jukebox played a Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk video and I could see many people in line for Hobbit and playing the video pins, start bopping and tapping their feet. Then most of them turned around and watched the great custom video of it. Watch it here and you'll totally be calling out the names of the movies that the classic dance scenes are from. Dare you not to smile.

Our booth was right across from PinballStar - and thankfully them and Cointaker are at these shows, because my god, the awesome games they both bring really make the show. I was able to spend two days watching the Hobbit and damn is that LCD backbox cool as hell!

Shout out to the West Virginia pinball crew who gave me one of their T-shirts (that I put on and wore today). I didn't even make it outside to the flea market once between manning the booth and the crappy weather all weekend, today was worse than yesterday by far. It was great meeting Pinsiders and people from the Facebook arcade/pin groups as well.

Hey, huge bon fire Friday night too! My wife was out there watching it with like everyone from the show for an hour. That was the time to get on some games without lines. hahaha

Rick and Allie at York (resized).jpg

#702 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

How about that fire?

Williams 1987 Fire! Champagne Edition. This Fire! is rockin', really .
    3 alarmer.

#703 2 years ago

For the record, I did the restoration on that Ship Ahoy, brought it and sold it to Ron Friday morning.

Dave Metrando

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

For the record, I did the restoration on that Ship Ahoy, brought it and sold it to Ron Friday morning.
    Dave Metrando

Your Bristol Hills(!) had me in awe as mentioned earlier. Nice job!

#705 2 years ago

Sometimes we get lucky and have a nice example to begin our restorations. In this case, the playfield was decent enough to work with. The cabinet was kind of rough ...hence the repaint. You can see before photos on Internet pinball data base. The Bristol Hills photos there were posted by e guy I bought the machine from several years ago. Thanks for the kind words.

Dave

#706 2 years ago

Dave Metrando

Great job Dave, I have a Buccaneer and thought it played nice until I played yours, enjoyed playing the AAB version

#707 2 years ago
    Quoted from ryansherwood:

I agree with the overpriced em's in need of work. So far my top two games of the show are the wagon train wood rail. And the pristine condition ship ahoy, there's three of them here but, the only one worth buying is unfortunately not for sale or I would love to scoop it up. Thank you to Ron Clemins if you use this for bringing it. Most fun machine of the show for me

Actually Dave Metrando brought this game and I bought it from him. Dave does phenomenal work on EM games. This was one of the nicest wedgies at the show for sure. I wish I could have left it at the show for Saturday, but with the weather outlook looking worse for Saturday, I wanted to get everything loaded up during the dry-ish time on Friday evening. Another great show indeed!

#708 2 years ago

This was my first York show, and the only other show I have attended was the Allentown show earlier this year as I'm still very new to this hobby. While smaller than the Allentown show it was still a great show to attend. Pinball Star and Cointaker get major props for bringing a spectacular lineup of newer games for everyone to enjoy.

The gentlemen running the IFPA tournament (sorry I forgot your name), much thanks goes out to him for running 2 different formats on both days. This was only my second time playing in a tournament and I like the idea of having the tournament during the show as it gives me something else to do and look forward too. It was also nice to place 3rd in the Match Play tournament on Saturday and win a cool $104.

Lastly, this was my first time bringing a machine for Free Play(Riverboat Gambler). There were 2 other Riverboat Gamblers at the show, however mine was super clean and super nice. I spent the extra time Thursday night cleaning the game, applying a fresh coat of wax, and making sure the machine was tuned just right. The game played great and didn't experience any issues during the 2 days. At the close of the show on Saturday I still had the game and reached out to PoMC (Rick) to see if he was up for a trade for his No Fear. Having never met Rick before, he was awesome to deal with and he agreed to a trade. We arrive home last night around 11pm and I set it up for the kids play and minus the known upper flipper issue, the game plays great. Thanks Rick for making the trade! Please let me know if you have any problems with the RBG. By the it's Chad, not Craig (haha!)

#709 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Where are you Dave ? You didn't say hi ? Get back here ! : )
    Joe

You were always busy talking with someone so didn't get a chance. Looking back it was good I didn't because I may have came home with something!

Thanks again for bringing the machines.

#710 2 years ago

This was my second show. Last time was 2011 and it was great. I'm hoping to bring something next year to share with everyone. Hats off to everyone that runs the show, the vendors, those that bring games, and all of the fans. Looks like everyone was having a great time and is nice seeing friends and catching up!

#711 2 years ago

Sorry about the name mix up! Met so many people I can't keep names straight, but I was close.

I'll hopefully get Riverboat out of the van and into the house today. Good for you unloading the game so late! I was exhausted and just chilled and watched American Horror Story when I got home.

The upper flipper was working fine before the show and I only found out about it sticking right before the end when I heard someone mention it. It was that guy I was talking to right before we talked. Likely the flipper shaft needs to be loosened, adjusted and then tightened again. The long shaft the upper flipper uses is about 6 months old, so should just be an adjustment after all the play it got this weekend. I forgot to check the counter before leaving home, but I'm betting it got 300 plays easy. I did a full tear down shop job a few months back, so you should just have to do a wipe down and waxing to clean up after those plays. I'll send you a link to the photo album I have of it just for any future reference you might need too.

#712 2 years ago

Sometimes we get lucky and have a nice example to begin our restorations. In this case, the playfield was decent enough to work with. The cabinet was kind of rough ...hence the repaint. You can see before photos on Internet pinball data base. The Bristol Hills photos there were posted by e guy I bought the machine from several years ago. Thanks for the kind words.
    Dave

Dave, nice to meet you, even thou Friday I left without your pristine Roto Pool, LOL.
    Keep me in mind if you get something completed from that same era!
    Also, thanks for bringing such nice games for everyone to enjoy.

#713 2 years ago

I noticed a new trend. Hobbits seemed to be a massive hit and several were purchased, while Stern games were not selling.

Cointaker and Pinball Star had fantastic setups.

#714 2 years ago

Oh well, may as well posts some shots from just after noon on Friday.

If anyone got any jukebox pics, please post!

20160930_133829cc (resized).jpg

20160930_133353cc (resized).jpg

20160930_134335cc (resized).jpg

20160930_134439cc (resized).jpg

20160930_134941cc (resized).jpg

20160930_134647cc (resized).jpg

20160930_152118cc (resized).jpg

20160930_143630cc (resized).jpg

20160930_153248cc (resized).jpg

#715 2 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I noticed a new trend. Hobbits seemed to be a massive hit and several were purchased, while Stern games were not selling.

I agree this is the first time I got to play a completed Hobbit instead of a Proto-Type. The more I played the more shots and depth I discovered.

#716 2 years ago

Thanks to all who enjoyed my games and said nice things, I put a lot of care and hard work into them and bring them to shows but never sell, only for others to enjoy. (Sorry that Sky Jump never came up, after hours of working on it Saturday morning (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM-ish) I realized I hadn't played a single game yet, so I let it go and don't regret it) I worked extra hard this time as I needed to fit all 3 into my minivan from New Jersey, and then ended up leaving with 4! I got them all back in there too.

Here is my little show group with their immaculate new family member, I moved it to the rest of them at the end to make packing up easier. (Getting a very nice paycheck tomorrow night to help cover this and finish up paying by bill on shipping my WMS Jive Time out from California, very excited)

I ended up being the last one out besides the Marquettes since I needed to shrink wrap very well since they all were slid in on their sides (on cardboard, of course) and wanted to be extra careful then I needed to play a little game of Tetris getting it all in. It fit! With my van almost becoming a low-rider... I thought 3 was a challenge. Hah! Quite a proud moment. Most of the pictures were before I got the rest of the heads in.

IMG_9520 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9703 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9704 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9714 (resized).JPG

#717 2 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks to all who enjoyed my games and said nice things, I put a lot of care and hard work into them and bring them to shows but never sell, only for others to enjoy. (Sorry that Sky Jump never came up, after hours of working on it Saturday morning (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM-ish) I realized I hadn't played a single game yet, so I let it go and don't regret it) I worked extra hard this time as I needed to fit all 3 into my minivan from New Jersey, and then ended up leaving with 4! I got them all back in there too.
    Here is my little show group with their immaculate new family member, I moved it to the rest of them at the end to make packing up easier. (Getting a very nice paycheck tomorrow night to help cover this and finish up paying by bill on shipping my WMS Jive Time out from California, very excited)
    I ended up being the last one out besides the Marquettes since I needed to shrink wrap very well since they all were slid in on their sides (on cardboard, of course) and wanted to be extra careful then I needed to play a little game of Tetris getting it all in. It fit! With my van almost becoming a low-rider... I thought 3 was a challenge. Hah! Quite a proud moment. Most of the pictures were before I got the rest of the heads in.

It was a pleasure meeting you. Don't let Steve Young brother you. Wait a week and email the order in and see what happens.
    Thanks for bringing your games. I enjoyed them and your enthusiasm.

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolftownjeff:

It was a pleasure meeting you. Don't let Steve Young brother you. Wait a week and email the order in and see what happens.
    Thanks for bringing your games. I enjoyed them and your enthusiasm.

Thanks again for the free things! Very kind of you.

#719 2 years ago

That Blue Chip looked fantastic. My first game was a blue chip, but my playfield is nowhere near that good.
    Also, I don't know if it's bad luck or what, but it ALWAYS seems to rain during the show.
    Hope I can make it next year.

#720 2 years ago

First time at the York show, had a great time yesterday. Picked up a couple of games and got to meet a bunch of cool people. I will definitely be looking forward to next year!

#721 2 years ago

How about that fire?

This can be recorded as the "Fire and Rain" show!

#722 2 years ago

Thanks to all who put on and helped put on the show. I now officially like the York show better than the Allentown show! Got boned on TWO woodrail deals, but sold my Williams "Blue Chip" and picked up a very nice Gottlieb "Sky Line". Great selection of games, but disappointed with the number of junk games set up for free play. One had a filthy playfield glass; c'mon! A little Windex and some paper towels!!!! We seem to be jinxed as far as weather goes, so maybe we need an indoor flea market here too?

#723 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Thanks to all who put on and helped put on the show. I now officially like the York show better than the Allentown show! Got boned on TWO woodrail deals, but sold my Williams "Blue Chip" and picked up a very nice Gottlieb "Sky Line". Great selection of games, but disappointed with the number of junk games set up for free play. One had a filthy playfield glass; c'mon! A little Windex and some paper towels!!!! We seem to be jinxed as far as weather goes, so maybe we need an indoor flea market here too?

games are games, they are all good

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Hobbit is amazing and while sterns are cool its not even close imo especially with the new prices of sterns

#725 2 years ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

That Blue Chip looked fantastic. My first game was a blue chip, but my playfield is nowhere near that good.

Yeah, Bill at Pinball Gallery took that one home. I got a few games in on it this afternoon at his shop, it's in amazing condition.

#726 2 years ago

Only got two juke pics:

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG

IMG_0422 (resized).JPG

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Only got two juke pics:

That's what I wanted to see, that I neglected to get a pic of (while filling out their raffle tickets).
    These are a great bunch of guys also, and they've been coming to York for many years now and exhibiting these beauties.
    Thanks for the pics Sir, and thank you to THEM for always being a part of the York event!

#728 2 years ago

Don't know if it was by accident or intentional but having the working jukes near the bingo row was so fitting.

#729 2 years ago

Tried to tell my girlfriend about my new machine I bought at York and how nice it is compared to the rest which are a solid and close second but still in second right now and got "I think it's as great as the rest of them!"

No no, tell me it's better... because it is! Mine aren't perfect yet! C'mon! Then I went into some collector spiel about why and she called me a nerd jokingly. No shame. Still feeling really great about this entire show. Can't wait for next year. Pinfest is great but York is where my heart is for sure!

Will post pictures in quite a while when I get them all set up again, finally going to take the chance to paint my game room while I can since I pulled so many machines out before bringing these down. What a better start than an absolutely beautiful CQ game added in to a beautiful game room! Really looking forward to it. Thanks again all for a wonderful show. We should do wedgehead row at York next time.

#730 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

".............so maybe we need an indoor flea market here too?"

I agree! The Allentown flea market was so much better.

Had a blast this year!
    Came prepared to bring a machine home, but it didn't happen .

#731 2 years ago

I agree! The Allentown flea market was so much better.
    Had a blast this year!
    Came prepared to bring a machine home, but it didn't happen .

Rich could verity this but I think the rent is too high at the York Fairground to pull off the indoor flea market idea. I know York Fairground is kind of crazy with their rents. At one point I talked to Rich about maybe doing a cheaper rent outside to try to attract more vendors and he told me York Fairgrounds gets most of the rent money for each space outside (if I remember correctly).

Maybe a "stepping stone" to an indoor flea marked would be to have a couple big tents put up and offer spaces under the tents for more money to cover the cost of the tent? I don't know if that would work but Rich could check on cost of tent ahead of time and then check to see if any of the regular vendors are interested.

Just a thought!

I really feel sorry for the outside vendors at York. Over the past 4 or 5 years I think it has rained for every show?

#732 2 years ago

The indoor flea market is something that is being considered. With the rain we get every year, it seems like a good option. The outdoor Flea Market is something that the Fairgrounds lets us do just because we have been doing one for so long. We are one of the few shows that they let do that. If we go to the indoor flea market setup, it couldn't be free admission and we couldn't have an outdoor flea market. To make it work we would need to have at least twice the flea market vendors that we currently have. One issue is that if we stop doing the outdoor flea market, we may not be permitted to have one in future years.

#733 2 years ago

Last year actually was beautiful weather, 2015 - let's not forget that......

So many beautiful EM's on display, thank you for bringing them to the show. Whoever did the work on those beauties - they looked fantastic!!! I am editing some photos and will share some of them tonight.

That Haunted House gun game was a beauty as well - anyone take pics of playfield/front? Man, I used to love playing that machine while standing on a milk crate in Ocean City!!

I wish I could have seen The Thing before it left - Friday seems like the day to attend - so many machines disappear after the first day.

Black Hole blew me away - looked like it was even in BETTER shape than an original!!! Great job restoring that. No Fear looked great, glad it found a loving home, Swords of Fury was a beauty as well. Space Station was another in excellent shape.

It seems that more and more, a lot of fantastic restos are making their way into the York show - a welcomed trend!!!

-Nate

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Rich could verity this but I think the rent is too high at the York Fairground to pull off the indoor flea market idea. I know York Fairground is kind of crazy with their rents. At one point I talked to Rich about maybe doing a cheaper rent outside to try to attract more vendors and he told me York Fairgrounds gets most of the rent money for each space outside (if I remember correctly).
    Maybe a "stepping stone" to an indoor flea marked would be to have a couple big tents put up and offer spaces under the tents for more money to cover the cost of the tent? I don't know if that would work but Rich could check on cost of tent ahead of time and then check to see if any of the regular vendors are interested.

And the rent is only the start of what the show pays the fairgrounds for. We also pay for trash removal, cleaning fees, maintenance fees and my personal favorite Enviromental Impact Fees. The way it works for things such as the food and tents is that the Fairgrounds contracts with a company and anyone that has a show there must use whatever vendor the fairgrounds contracted with. Which makes things such as tents too expensive for just a couple of days.

#735 2 years ago

I have thought a lot about some of the critisim of the show as far as the selection and quality of games that people bring. I get it because it is no small task to bring one of your nicer games (I had the restored TAF) to the show. You have to package it up very well to avoid ANY damage or scrapes to a machine you have a lot invested into. You also worry about the unknown of how people will treat your machine or accidently damage something cosmetic on it. IF i could give offer one suggestion to avoid those fears but still have people bring awesome machines from their collections would be the following.

1. Instead of door prizes have a best in show competition.
    2. This should be a specific row or designated area for the these machines.
    3. All Machines in this area have to be pre-registered and sit for the full two days of the show.
    4. The show would commit to having volunteer staff monitor this row of machines to look for any idiots not treating the machines with respect.
    5. Need to be set to free play so all can enjoy but maybe have a way to line up so people can enter that area and play each machine.
    6. Have a judging system (maybe invite some top restorers to critique and/or Vendors like Chris from Cointaker, Joe from Pinball Star, Dan at "THE BARN", Todd Tuckey!!!!!!) that also involves the feedback from show attendees ("for best in show" you put your raffle ticket in the bottle of the machine you like best and if it wins you get a small door prize along with the winner).

#736 2 years ago

That was a nice TAF that you brought. Thanks for bringing it.
    I've taking games to almost every Allentown show (missed the first year and one year the game I was going to bring I got offered crazy money to sell it before it made it to the show) and every York show. I've been bringing at least 8 to the York Show the past few years. I understand all too well how much work and risk is involved with bringing a game to a show. Three of mine developed serious problems this year. We do watch closely for abusive patrons. It is one of the few things that you will get instantly kicked out of the show for without any warnings.

We've floated an idea similar to yours and the response was underwhelming. One issue is that as small as the Pinball community is, it is difficult to find judges could be viewed as neutral. The door prizes potentially benefit all attendees and not just a handful, so we keep doing them. We increased the number of door prizes after we couldn't continue the game giveaways. We are considering many options. We are considering a drawing for cash or a prize for those that preregister and keep their game there all weekend. (We need to verify what is legal and acceptable) What is now happening on Saturdays is what happened previously on Sundays and is the primary reason there is no show on Sunday anymore.

#737 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

One issue is that as small as the Pinball community is, it is difficult to find judges could be viewed as neutral

Let the attendees do the judging - Put a unique number on each machine. Give each attendee 5 tickets. Tell them to write their picks for top 5 games in free play on the tix. Have a collection box for the tix and whatever machine gets the most votes wins.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometers solutions

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Let the attendees do the judging - Put a unique number on each machine. Give each attendee 5 tickets. Tell them to write their picks for top 5 games in free play on the tix. Have a collection box for the tix and whatever machine gets the most votes wins.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometers solutions

To add to that... Offer some giveaways for those who take the time to vote. For example, on each voting ticket is a spot for a person's name and phone number or email address. Draw a couple of winners and give them show tshirts, weekend pass for next year, vendor gift certificates, etc.

#739 2 years ago

I agree

Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

That Haunted House gun game was a beauty as well - anyone take pics of playfield/front? Man, I used to love playing that machine while standing on a milk crate in Ocean City!!

This was probably the greatest surprise for me. Played this at wildwood this summer and instantly fell in love with it. An instant grail for me. They seem to go for prices all over the place too. Someone told me they sold theres for $400 recently. I've also seen them sell for $1200. Thanks to whoever brought it. I got a pic of it but not the whole thing it was just a quick snap I took to send to my girlfriend because I was so excited to see it there.

image (resized).jpeg

#740 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

We've floated an idea similar to yours and the response was underwhelming. One issue is that as small as the Pinball community is, it is difficult to find judges could be viewed as neutral. The door prizes potentially benefit all attendees and not just a handful, so we keep doing them. We increased the number of door prizes after we couldn't continue the game giveaways. We are considering many options. We are considering a drawing for cash or a prize for those that preregister and keep their game there all weekend. (We need to verify what is legal and acceptable) What is now happening on Saturdays is what happened previously on Sundays and is the primary reason there is no show on Sunday anymore.

For myself, I like to share my games, and what I enjoy most is guys seeing something I have done and getting the enthusiasm to put some time into one of their games to make it nice.

We had a good turnout of some nice games at Allentown. Allentown handed out ribbons. Not sure how the scoring was done, I think they judged in categories, em, ss, dmd. Even though there was no monetary payout, or prizes, it's still pretty cool getting a ribbon.

If you have a nice game and its sitting in your basement collecting dust......bring it to a show. Yes you will have a problem, (something will always show up), and you will probably have a mark or scratch on it when it gets home, but the "thanks for bringing it" statements always overcome any switch problem or issue you will have.

looking forward to next year....

#741 2 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

For myself, I like to share my games, and what I enjoy most is guys seeing something I have done and getting the enthusiasm to put some time into one of their games to make it nice.

Don.. EVERYONE loved your BofP2.0!!!!!!!!!!! So many people were blown away by it!!! Thanks for bringing it and being so nice to everyone at the show. Great to see you!!!

#742 2 years ago

The show was great as usual, I always enjoy playing games I never or rarely played on route, as well as those games are my favorite players. I have noticed the downward trend of playability on EM games - many of them didn't have cards, were in terrible playing shape, and detract from the show. Not sure how to weed out the chumps that bring these clunkers, but really that shouldn't be acceptable. Great sideshow with the big gun range fire on Market Street - that was something else. Great seeing all the regulars and met a few folks this year to boot.

#743 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

And the rent is only the start of what the show pays the fairgrounds for. We also pay for trash removal, cleaning fees, maintenance fees and my personal favorite Enviromental Impact Fees. The way it works for things such as the food and tents is that the Fairgrounds contracts with a company and anyone that has a show there must use whatever vendor the fairgrounds contracted with. Which makes things such as tents too expensive for just a couple of days.

I know other promoters who rent space at the York Fairground and they are totally nuts with what they charge but somehow they get away with it! I know when Morningstar Market opened in Thomasville he had talked about putting up a building to rent out for events because of the step rents at York but that never happened as far as I know. And there is really no other big venue like the fairground in the area I know of so promoters are kind of stuck with York Fairground if you want to have a big event.

Rich has done a GREAT job with York and I know he is always trying to make it better. Hopefully one of these days I'll finally be able to find the time to set up in a big way to help support his efforts. For some reason every year something seems to come up keeping me from being able to do York (deaths in the family, kids moving, etc) but hopefully 2017 will be my year. If an indoor flea market can happen I would be in for at least two spaces and would love it if it was possible to pay extra and have electric in the space. I know York charges for every line dropped and it isn't cheap but it would be worth it to me!

Today is another day I am sitting here thinking why the hell did the kid have to move this past weekend. I really wanted to be at York instead I spent two days moving furniture down 16 steps at one place and up 12 steps at the other. I am getting too old for that shit!

#744 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

That was a nice TAF that you brought. Thanks for bringing it.
    I've taking games to almost every Allentown show (missed the first year and one year the game I was going to bring I got offered crazy money to sell it before it made it to the show) and every York show. I've been bringing at least 8 to the York Show the past few years. I understand all too well how much work and risk is involved with bringing a game to a show. Three of mine developed serious problems this year. We do watch closely for abusive patrons. It is one of the few things that you will get instantly kicked out of the show for without any warnings.

Maybe give $200 - $250 credits drawn Saturday at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 towards the purchase of a new Stern from Cointaker or a JJP or vp cab from Pinball Star, assuming either company would do this.

#745 2 years ago

burningman, that was your BOP?? Wow, I just want to tell you that you did an EXCELLENT job on that!!!! (Like you didn't know already!!) I loved playing that - it seemed like a whole different machine - I usually suck at Bride but having it dialed in perfectly really made a difference.

thanks for bringing it. That was really generous, I'd be soo nervous hauling/sharing something that spectacular!

-Nate

#746 2 years ago

Ryansherwood, thanks for the photo - that is a great game, when you are 7 years old and into monsters and horror movies, that looks like the greatest game ever!!!

I would not want to own one however, they are a BEAST of wires and gizmos to tinker with in there!!!!

-Nate

#747 2 years ago

Did anybody else feel like Sunday could have worked this year?

There was a big loss of games between Friday and Saturday like any shows (and it was a pretty big loss this year), but more games were brought in on Saturday morning and this year I didn't get the whole "winding down" vibe until it was literally 4 o' clock and people started packing up machines to go home because 6 PM was looming and coming up soon.

I didn't feel a lack of machines, excitement, community energy, or patronage this year towards the end. Something within that whole combination felt different this year, usually it's "ready" to end but this time I think we hit closing time going 70 MPH. Hopefully one day we can extend it to Sunday.

I hope bingo row keeps coming back. That really fills up a good portion of a row (filling out the show) and is turning out to be such a joy for everybody.

#748 2 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I hope bingo row keeps coming back.

Thanks Otaku - I hope so too! Here's a few write-ups of the (2nd annual?) bingo row this year, for those that missed it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-row-at-2016-york-show

Great show Rich, as always. Thank you to everyone that brought any games to York. It is always a great time. Thanks to the vendors and the flea market folks for supporting the show.

#749 2 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thanks Otaku - I hope so too!

Just don't hurt yourself moving all of those giants year after year! Sounds like Ryan needs to keep coming back for sure!

#750 2 years ago

Well, practice up on your bingo skills and wear that T-shirt with pride in the interim.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 45.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 129.25
    Lighting - Led
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside