3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinball_Nate
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
    #651 3 years ago

Pretty sure cosmic gun fight was 3500 and still for sale. I played it and was surprised on step price tag.

#652 3 years ago

Blackout was a decent players condition think it was 650. Thought it was priced fairly.

#653 3 years ago

$3,500 is lubdacris unless it was a total restore. Great game but not worth that. I have had 3 and my last orange cab CG is bolted to the basement Floor.

#654 3 years ago

FS - can deliver to York tomorrow

Archived after 30 days
    Not sold
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished “I can deliver this to York on Saturday. Very very nice SM. Cabinet is 9.5/10 Playfield is 9.5/10 LEDs Shaker Mirror blades Flipper fidelity Custom powder coated armor LED bacbox k...”
    2016-11-14
    Exton, PA
    5,100 (Firm)

#655 3 years ago

$3500 for Cosmic Gunfight is almost as crazy as the $2K Baby Pac.

#656 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Did you play this one?? Excellent condition , nicely priced too. It has officially made my EM want list. It is well setup and plays very nicely

Yes it was right next to the ship ahoy if I remember correctly. Another stand out. Looked, played, and priced nicely however I only have room in my apartment for one pin and it's not the one I'm looking for. Also really enjoyed the gottlieb soccer which I had never played before. Only $550 also.

#657 3 years ago

Just got home, really tired, might make it back tomorrow might not. Hoping there are some machines tomorrow that weren't there today although I won't be able to buy any as my means of transporting a pin fell through. Highlights for me were still Ship Ahoy, Wagon Train, and one of the last machines I played The Big Lebowski. The right flipper was getting stuck but still a lot of fun. Got two different multi balls and one was a 4 ball multi ball! Loved the unfolding rug. Also thought it was funny there were 3 Elvira's! All sold too I believe.

#658 3 years ago

I have 2 alpha numeric displays (7 digit) and 1 numeric display (7 digit). These are plasma displays that came from my pinbot and all the segments work. I know that these are difficult to find, so I'll bring them with me to the York Show. Please pm me if you are interested in buying them. Thanks.

#659 3 years ago

Sometimes the "crazy" prices are the "I don't want to sell it, but if I put it up as not for sale, I'll get calls all day asking me how much, so I'll put a crazy high number on it" price.

#660 3 years ago

Got to meet Rush 2112 yesterday. He was on a mission when he heard I was bringing WPT. We made a deal as soon as I had it set up & he was really cool about leaving it in Freeplay all day! Great guy to deal with!

#661 3 years ago

I'd love to have a Blue Chip and Doodle Bug. I need to go to this show one year.

#662 3 years ago

My buddy has a killer deal on a Freddy very nice at the show guys

#663 3 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

Sometimes the "crazy" prices are the "I don't want to sell it, but if I put it up as not for sale, I'll get calls all day asking me how much, so I'll put a crazy high number on it" price.

I understood some of the high pricing as "people are going to try and negotiate the price" but some were so high the mindset was probably as you say.

#664 3 years ago

Get here quick all the cat people are taking up all the parking spaces

#665 3 years ago

Did anyone see glow balls or the black polished balls at any tables?

#666 3 years ago

I'm in need of a replacement DMD for my Stern Austin Powers. If you have one please PM. Thanks!

#667 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR is HERE ! Took us 7, yes 7 hours to set up our 30 plus game booth ! Come play with us ; )

Joe THANKS THANKS THANKS for bringing all the games you did for everyone to play. Your booth and games are always the highlight for me. I could have spent the whole show playing Hobbit SE!!!! Also having had a child spend several days in a Childrens Hospital GOD BLESS YOU for what you are doing with the CHARITY!!!!

Everyone be sure to shake Joe's hand and thank him...IT IS NO SMALL THING what he is doing for these shows at his own expense!!!!!

#668 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

Rob great to see you again and thanks for your help Friday morning you were an answer to my prayers!

Speaking of prayers everyone at the show be sure to stop by Robs Booth. What many don't know is that he contributes without any fan fare many of his profits to supporting good Christian Charities. No matter what your faith be sure pick up one of his daughterboards even just to have one on hand you WILL not regret it!!!!

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I have an HUO Simpsons Pinball Party at my booth behind Cointaker.

Hey everyone rick IS THE NICEST GUY on the planet and SUPER knowledgeable about fixing and restoring pins and this is his first time having a booth at a show. If you get a chance stop by and buy something but at least shake his hand and talk pinball. He is my neighbor and friend and good guy to know in this hobby!!!!

#670 3 years ago

Wanted to bring a robo wor to the show but boards were not back from being serviced. Game is in MD. Looking for a nice ES or X files

#671 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Joe THANKS THANKS THANKS for bringing all the games you did for everyone to play. Your booth and games are always the highlight for me. I could have spent the whole show playing Hobbit SE!!!! Also having had a child spend several days in a Childrens Hospital GOD BLESS YOU for what you are doing with the CHARITY!!!!
    Everyone be sure to shake Joe's hand and thank him...IT IS NO SMALL THING what he is doing for these shows at his own expense!!!!!

Many thanks for the kind words !

#672 3 years ago

Another great show!!! Had a fantastic time, & only wish that this venue was held more often that once a year ~ hint hint. For one time a year I get to act like a little kid, then it's back to reality. I purchased a WPT from Butch & couldn't be happier w/ this great machine. Butch is an upfront & outstanding guy who is a pleasure to deal w/, as he sells his machines w/ full disclosure & complete integrity. Butch is an integral part to our pinball craze, as his passion for this hobby keeps our pinball addiction going. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again. Thanks Butch, we appreciate!!!

#673 3 years ago

I have to agree on the quality of games, disclosure and dealing with Butch in general for games has always been a positive experience.

Rick, sorry I didn't get to chat, that was a sweet TSPP you had among other goodies as well.

Always good to see BigD and his lady as well.

Never enough time. I think we need a show in Harrisburg again for in between York and Allentown.

#674 3 years ago

So apparently between yesterday and today close to 40 machines were taken from the floor according to The White Rose Facebook Page. For those there today that can't find anything to buy or play, there's your answer as to why. Even yesterday it felt the same and more than likely I won't attend again unless I have a sale setup before hand to pick up at shows end Saturday. No reason to go otherwise.

Screenshot_2016-10-01-11-46-08.png

#675 3 years ago

How about that fire?

20160930_182304.jpg

20160930_182229.jpg

#676 3 years ago

Had a great time at the show and met some great folks. Loved a chance to win a shirt on bingo row. It was great to finally learn how to play them. Looking forward to coming to the show again next year.

And for all those people who complain about the trudeau flipper gap on Ghostbusters check out this amazing looking Gottleib game from 1959 "Universe"

20161001_120137 (resized).jpg

#677 3 years ago

We really enjoyed the show and appreciate everyone who brings pins especially with the crappy weather lol. I dont really go to play pins since i have my favorites at home and have played mostly everything i wanted to this point in time. We go to see friends and talk pinball with all the great people weve meant the last 3-4 years and the pins are just a bonus. Really wanna thank cointaker in particularly derek, Melissa and chris for great conversation and bringing everything they do. Also joe thank you for all the hobbits..... great game for sure and new code really is making it a great game

#678 3 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Had a great time at the show and met some great folks. Loved a chance to win a shirt on bingo row. It was great to finally learn how to play them. Looking forward to coming to the show again next year.
    And for all those people who complain about the trudeau flipper gap on Ghostbusters check out this amazing looking Gottleib game from 1959 "Universe"

Or this gap......... Lol

IMG_20160930_112653.jpg

#679 3 years ago

Anyone have any pics, news, or reports for Saturday?

#680 3 years ago

If you're at the show today, take home an HUO Simpsons Pinball Party for 4600.

#681 3 years ago

Got money burning a hole in my pocket but the pickings are slim.

Did the Lightning from WV sell?

Looking for a solid state, let me know if there's something not on the floor you have...

#682 3 years ago

I brought $3000 cash and left empty handed. Disappointed in a lot of the sales price vs quality. Wanted to take home that TMNT but it was more of a project than I want to be into since it had some crazy issues all day. Was thinking about the Demo man, but it was possesed. If the no fear had original side art I'd I've bought it.

#684 3 years ago

No Fear still for sale. 1800.

#685 3 years ago

I had fun at the show yesterday. I wasn't able to go today because of a sever underestimating the amount of rain we had the last few days, and the weight of my truck. (I'm fine. The truck will be, as soon as I get it out of the hole.)

The show was great. My biggest issue wasn't with the other people there, despite one of my bullet points below - but specifically the games that are brought and displayed. In no way do my reflections reflect against show organizers, because I've been told this is common with shows like this. And while I haven't been to other pin shows, the event organizers get a +1 for me for actually calling out, over the intercom, owner's names that need to go back and fix an issue with their game(s).

My biggest gripe - or issue with owners that bring games - is the lack of detail to their game.
    There were a few games there that were EXCELLENT restorations. Holy shit, you can see your reflection in the playfield still! But were completely *unplayable*, due to random, easily fixable issues.
    Example - there was a gorgeous [name redacted] that had an awesome playfield, and spotless cabinet. But HORRIBLE flipper alignment, making it nearly impossible to get the ball back up to the upper playfield. The same game was leaning horribly to the right. Jeesus.
    Another example - a new game, [name also redacted], on display from a vendor no less - looked spotless. It was new, after all! - but a kicker was very weak, and could only eject the ball successfully 1 / 5th of the time.

Now, I know that things can happen during shipment, take-down and set-up, but usually that's loose wire (like what happened with the restored TAF there) - something like *adjusting the slope and level* can be fixed on the fly. Flippers do not get out of alignment by simply moving a game.

If they were my games, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on them.

Now, while I'm focusing on restored games, there was plenty of un-restored, player's games that had little, SIMPLE and "make a good first-impression" things that coulda been fixed. Like, oh, I dunno - REPLACING burnt out bulbs.

To put it as simple as I can - I've OPERATED, owned, and worked on games both in arcades and locations. And I wouldn't feel right leaving a game with some of these easily-fixed issues.

And I still, to this day, can't understand the fascination with Super-Bands. (Or however you spell it..) They should all be shot into the sun. Whew.

On the plus side, there were a LOT of games there, and very few duplicates, as far as I can remember. Over 50% EMs, which I've never been able to play a lot of, and a few (like the one mentioned above, 'Blue Chip') I *really* enjoyed. I also played some of my first 'Bingo' games at this show. I still don't know what I'm doing when I play one, but they were fun trying to figure out. There was one there priced at $250, and I was extremely tempted to take it home with me.

Vendors were nice - I didn't get to say hi to Joe @ PinballSTAR, but I did play their Hobbits - the better software form over a year ago has really changed the game around. I was impressed. I got to play Ghostbusters for the first time as well (I don't know which vendor that was - all the techs were wearing 'Stern' shirts..), and I can see it in my collection, once used games enter the market. A LOT of crap going on in that game, though. And apologies to HP - I watched someone play TBL, and.. I couldn't get into it, or even get my curiosity up watching, so I didn't play it. (I know, I'm a freak. Sue me.) However, I will say the artowkr on the game was VERY nice, and I dunno how, but I *love* the screen and animation look. A perfect mix of old-fashioned DMD with full color videos.

Was disappointed at the size of the fleamarket. From previous comments, I wasa expecting more, but likely the weather had something to do with that.

All in all, I'll go next year, for sure. If nothing else, it's a fantastic excuse to take a day off of work and play.

#686 3 years ago

I have one that came out of my Metallica if that works. PM me if interested.

Quoted from djreddog:

I'm in need of a replacement DMD for my Stern Austin Powers. If you have one please PM. Thanks!

#687 3 years ago

Can CPR just make a repro phantom of the opera playfield already? Every one I've ever seen is a disaster.

#688 3 years ago

I am working on a really terrific video...covering inside and outside on Friday...and will showcase the ONE OF A KIND Critical Mass Gottlieb Machine PLUS...interview with the actual DESIGNER of Black Hole and Critical Mass...and some really neat facts and paperwork about these legendary games!! It will be next week, because of the editing! Todd

#689 3 years ago

No fear has been traded. .

#690 3 years ago

2000 if picked up today or tomorrow
    Not possessed. Put 1 too many balls in when I replaced them with new ones so it kept kicking the extra out until I figured out why.

Archived after 36 days
    Not sold: Decided to keep game
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Middleman for a friend not on pinside Demolition Man for sale in nice shape. Has been on a location. Everything working with no issues. Can bring to York with a paypal arrangeme...”
    2016-09-14
    Doylestown, PA
    2,325 (OBO)

#691 3 years ago

My son and I went today (he just turned 7 and I had a Roddy Piper Hot Rod shirt on) and we had a really good time. We were only there today, and some of the earlier posts confirmed my suspicion that we missed a lot on Friday! But still a lot of fun was had. I was expecting more video games but enjoyed the many pins there - got to play Black Hole and Star Wars Ep I in person, which was a trip.
    Met some amazing vendors, including Rob from Kahr who was incredibly nice to me and my son, and a lot of the staff from Cointaker ... Dropped a lot of cash with them! Pinball STAR blew me away with their setup.. WOZ blew me away too, I am prob going down the yellow brick road...
    See everyone next year!

#692 3 years ago

Also saw a great example of a CFTBL which was cleaned up beautifully and made me realize ours has some issues!!

Some dude was just annihilating on that game so we never got to play but it was impressive to see his technique.

#693 3 years ago

Coyote:

Completely agree with you. The one thing I will never understand is how someone can set their machines up in such a pitiful state?!?! I was tempted to take home Blackout, but it was almost *level* and played like crap so I didn't even get tempted. I had never played one before, but would have enjoyed a project pin.

So many SS games were not pitched correctly. Sooooo many. I would fire the first ball and just walk away after waiting ten minutes for the ball to return to my flippers. Ridiculous.

Got to meet Rick and appreciate the playfield glass, nice guy. Talked to a few other pinsiders who I played Rob Zombie with, enjoyed their needling about my Pinside avatar badge. Missed a few pinsiders as well, I saw the Roddy Piper t-shirt (RIP loved that guy!).

Big Lebowski and the re-vamped Bride of Pinbot blew me away.

I actually like the rainy weather so I'm not spending a beautiful day inside playing pinball!!!

-Nate

#694 3 years ago

Attention, citizens of York and Met-Ed:
    You can have your power back now.
    Thank you.

20160930_134304c (resized).jpg

#695 3 years ago

Here are a bunch pictures from my brother and I Friday Adventures at the Show. ENJOY!!!!
    w18 (resized).jpgw19 (resized).jpg
    I LOVED this Grand LIZARD!!!!
    w17 (resized).jpgw16 (resized).jpgw14 (resized).jpgw15 (resized).jpgw13 (resized).jpgw12 (resized).jpgw11 (resized).jpgw10 (resized).jpgw9 (resized).jpgw7 (resized).jpgw6 (resized).jpgw5 (resized).jpgw4 (resized).jpgw2 (resized).jpgw1 (resized).jpgw20 (resized).jpg

w3 (resized).jpg

#696 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

2000 if picked up today or tomorrow
    machinefor salePlaced 2016-09-14 00:21 (18 days ago)For sale: Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)“Middleman for a friend not on pinside

Demolition Man for sale in nice shape.
    Has been on a location. Everything working with no ...” $ 2,325 (OBO) ryandimx Doylestown, PA Used, working and clean

wish i was looking for one.

they just added DM to hbo on demand. maybe that'll help you sell it.

#697 3 years ago

Gotta come on Friday next year - so much I wanted had already left by Saturday.

Was surprised how much fun Dolly Parton was but $1400 seemed like a "I will take a bath on this when I sell it" price. Seemed like a theme for what was left on Saturdsy (Breakshot $2900? Genesis $1750?!?).

Really impressed with the array of vendor games this year. Big Lebowski was a blast to play.

#698 3 years ago

My friend and I just got back a while ago and weather aside, it was a good day. We played damn near everything in the free play area but I have to say that the 'Ship Ahoy' really stood out - couldn't believe how NICE that game looked and played. I must have been inspired, as I put up a 160,000 game.

A few other randon thoughts:

* Regarding that multi-game Bingo machine which runs custom code and shows the cards on an LCD monitor: that's one of the coolest things I've seen in years. bingopodcast - nice to meet ya and great work!

* Excellent selection of EM games and lots of different titles from last year.

* Can't believe there was a Lost Tomb arcade game there!

* Some idiot got pissed off and slammed the glass on a game, NOT cool.

* The Big Lebowski seems like a good game even though the right flipper was sticky and you also couldn't activate the bowling mech. Oh well...

* BOP 2.0 kicks serious ass, I'd love to play that one in a dark room.

Besides several games which weren't anywhere near level like last year, I only had one other gripe: the volume levels were set way too low on most of the games. If I had my way, it would be deafening in there. That Black Night by the back doors was cranked so loud you could hear it outside - that's what I'm talkin' about.

Anyway, good show, see you all next year...

#699 3 years ago

Question about the flea market... Uh, was it there this year? I only really saw about 3 tables - but again we were there Saturday during the pouring rain...

#700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent57:

Besides several games which weren't anywhere near level like last year, I only had one other gripe: the volume levels were set way too low on most of the games. If I had my way, it would be deafening in there. That Black Night by the back doors was cranked so loud you could hear it outside - that's what I'm talkin' about.

I agree every time I bring a game I turn the volume up enough so you can hear it when you are playing and then some (If anyone remembers my Royal Rumble a few years ago... )

Sorry I was only able to have my TAF there on Friday. People seemed to enjoy it and I had the sound up good and loud!

w24 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 30.40
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 45.99
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 20.00
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside