(Topic ID: 164976)

The White Rose Gameroom/York Show - 2016 Edition

By djreddog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8ff420fcd5ca00e9b1faaeba5c32719f51d17e00 (resized).jpg
    9d84caed1190dfdc340b72ce3d5bc6763bdfd2eb (resized).jpg
    IMG_8527 (resized).JPG
    16e92a2be009b1026d708fc426724b7523c50ef2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tt2016.2 (resized).jpg
    Tuck (resized).jpg
    York Kid (resized).jpg
    ^ADFDE63F0FB7C9C25C905B836E97733D686C40DB6645C9E438^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr (resized).png
    IMG_6701 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6700 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6689 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6687 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
    #501 7 years ago

damn rain, agian and agian.
    Support the outdoor flea market guys some how...

#502 7 years ago

I have a new (unused) set of mirror blades for a modern stern machine. $60 firm. I can bring them on Friday to the show. PM if interested. Thanks

#503 7 years ago

Still looking for a family guy pin. If anyone has or knows someone selling at the show shoot me a message

#504 7 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

I have a new (unused) set of mirror blades for a modern stern machine. $60 firm. I can bring them on Friday to the show. PM if interested. Thanks

SOLD. That was quick. Thanks for the interest.

#505 7 years ago

Gumball machine with stand works great have key and it has a new globe $100 OBO

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#506 7 years ago

I have a Rottendog TZ clock board for sale. It may have an issue with one of the minute hand optos. I believe I read somewhere that some of the optos used when these boards were made were defective from the factory. Replace the opto and it should be ok. $20 and I'll bring it to the show on Friday. PM me if interested. Thanks

#507 7 years ago

Two sets of legss. Good shape $35 bucks for the pair. Chrome.

#508 7 years ago

I have a couple items i can bring to the show if anyone is interested. I will be there both days.

- CPR Medusa backglass - new unused
    - Judge Dredd manual
    - Molson Ice Neon Sign

I will consider any reasonable offers.

#509 7 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I have the following that can be brought to the show if a deal is made ahead of time:
    Gottlieb Water World- fully working, nice cosmetics $1300
    Cactus Canyon Continued - excellent all over, color DMD, undocumented HUO, $13,500 or trade plus cash for original MM, WOZ, WMS IJ, AFM, etc.
    T-2 - fully working, a few LED's, excellent cosmetics $2500
    Hurricane -fully LED'd, excellent cosmetics $2000
    Gottlieb Rocky - all new drop targets, bumper bodies, bumper skirts, freshly waxed and rubbered, new CPU $3500
    Gottlieb Kings & Queens unshopped, nice original, somewhat works last I checked $1600
    Bally Xenon - factory mylar, no wear, new tube and tube LEDs, freshly waxed and rubbered, fully working $1800
    Bally Strange Science - excellent condition $1600
    Bally Lost World '78-Very nice and working, recent wax and rubber $1300
    Feel free to see and play all of the above in the Phoenixville area. Text 6108881220 with questions or offers!

Last minute update:
    Water World sold
    T-2 sold pending payment
    Cactus Canyon Continued-strong interest but deal not yet finalized
    Leaving tomorrow early afternoon! Rain or shine!!

#510 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yessss I've been wanting to play one of these for years!

It's a fun title! Love those magic saves. See ya there, ZacaJ!

#511 7 years ago

I played EM Tetris today and successfully have 3 EM pins (with heads, legs, etc.) and my handtruck all in the back of my minivan!

See you all there!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

It's a fun title! Love those magic saves. See ya there, ZacaJ!

Yay, you're going?! Excited to finally meet you. That's quite the trek!

#512 7 years ago

[In search of Gottlieb Single Player Ball Count Unit & Novus 2]

Also, I PM'd JR(pinball) about this but I need a Gottlieb single player ball count unit for one of my show games. If anybody has a working one to sell, let me know and bring it along! I'm planning on installing it on the spot, guess who thought they'd have enough time to rebuild theirs and didn't but still really wanted to bring the game...

---------

Also, if I'm bored today after setting up I'd really like to clean up one of the games as it got a bit dirty at another show. In search of Novus 2 and nothing else. Of course I ran out! I feel like one of the vendors might have it but I guess you never know. If anybody has that half-empty (half-full? ) bottle they'd like to lend to the cause...

#513 7 years ago

Looking for a new or used Alltek Bally ultimate lamp driver board. Will be at the show Saturday.

#514 7 years ago

Hey Everyone my brother and I will be there early Fri morning and will be setting up a TAF. If you need any help bringing in a machine and/or setting up feel free to stop by the Vorhauer Brothers "GLOWING" TAF or text me my number will be on the machine. We are happy to help especially with the RAIN!

#515 7 years ago

Any idea why the show is Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Sunday? Is it blue laws?

Would love to be able to do both days of the show, and be there for the start before pins start leaving, without taking a vacation day.

#516 7 years ago

one day won't kill you. take off.

#517 7 years ago

No Sunday for a few reasons . Travel, NFL games. Also ppl need a day to rest and unload vehicles before Monday AM

#518 7 years ago

Got 4 original chrome 28-1/2" legs, very nice I can bring if someone offers me 40$ OBO before 2AM

#519 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Quick Question since I was not there in 2013 for the biblical floods: how do you move games inside if it's pouring out ?

I've seen people drive in to unload.

#520 7 years ago

I will have the following pins set up inside. I have vendor space and the games can be moved at any time without fees:

Magic City Em 550
    Riverboat Gambler 1600
    Space Station 1800
    Lethal Weapon 3 (has 3 rottendog boards) 1550
    Diamond Lady complete project 600

Come take a look
    -Mike

#521 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Any idea why the show is Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Sunday? Is it blue laws?
    Would love to be able to do both days of the show, and be there for the start before pins start leaving, without taking a vacation day.

In the past both Allentown and York were 3 day shows and over time Sunday attendance and number of machines on the freeplay floor got so bad they both cut back to two day shows. My fear is the same thing is likely to happen with Saturday and we will be down to a one day show (just Friday) in people don't start keeping games at the shows for Saturday also.

I realize most of us are limited as far as number of machines we can transport and also limited to number of machines we can actually bring to a show but unless something changes I can see Saturday going away in the near future.

I was planning on doing my part to help and had plans to bring 6 or 8 machines for freeplay JUST for Saturday this year (I was going to take my first load Friday and add additional machines for Saturday) but my son decided to buy a house and is moving this weekend so I can't make the show at all. But next year "good lord willing" I will have a group of machines ready for just Saturday for both shows. I think it is very important for all of us that love these shows to do everything we can to help promoters grow the number of freeplay machines Saturday to make Saturday more attractive for the general public.

When running something like one of these shows it comes down to simple math. If attendance drops to a point that something isn't worth doing the promoter must stop doing it. So the worse Saturday attendance gets the less incentive they have to continue with renting the halls for that day. Just common sense!

I get it as far as why some people don't like Saturdays - need to get home to cut grass, can't be away that many days, cost too much to stay the extra day, etc. But once Saturday is gone and the shows become one day shows the next thing is people will start leaving early Friday and the same thing will happen to Friday - then a few more years down the road and we will have no show at all. I have seen this happen with other hobbies I have been involved with and beg everyone to stop and think before pulling machines out early on Saturday. PLEASE be part of helping save these shows NOT part of the problem!

#522 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Everyone my brother and I will be there early Fri morning and will be setting up a TAF. If you need any help bringing in a machine and/or setting up feel free to stop by the Vorhauer Brothers "GLOWING" TAF or text me my number will be on the machine. We are happy to help especially with the RAIN!

I will be in need of assistance Friday morning. My ETA is around 9:30am. Can you please PM your cell? Thanks!

#523 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

In the past both Allentown and York were 3 day shows and over time Sunday attendance and number of machines on the freeplay floor got so bad they both cut back to two day shows. My fear is the same thing is likely to happen with Saturday and we will be down to a one day show (just Friday) in people don't start keeping games at the shows for Saturday also.
    I realize most of us are limited as far as number of machines we can transport and also limited to number of machines we can actually bring to a show but unless something changes I can see Saturday going away in the near future.
    I was planning on doing my part to help and had plans to bring 6 or 8 machines for freeplay JUST for Saturday this year (I was going to take my first load Friday and add additional machines for Saturday) but my son decided to buy a house and is moving this weekend so I can't make the show at all. But next year "good lord willing" I will have a group of machines ready for just Saturday for both shows. I think it is very important for all of us that love these shows to do everything we can to help promoters grow the number of freeplay machines Saturday to make Saturday more attractive for the general public.
    When running something like one of these shows it comes down to simple math. If attendance drops to a point that something isn't worth doing the promoter must stop doing it. So the worse Saturday attendance gets the less incentive they have to continue with renting the halls for that day. Just common sense!
    I get it as far as why some people don't like Saturdays - need to get home to cut grass, can't be away that many days, cost too much to stay the extra day, etc. But once Saturday is gone and the shows become one day shows the next thing is people will start leaving early Friday and the same thing will happen to Friday - then a few more years down the road and we will have no show at all. I have seen this happen with other hobbies I have been involved with and beg everyone to stop and think before pulling machines out early on Saturday. PLEASE be part of helping save these shows NOT part of the problem!

I agree with you. As machines sell off the floor more people take them out. However, I was there for both days last year and Saturday was jammed with people. Maybe toward the afternoon things will thin out a bit. York is a great show and personally is the most enjoyable compared to other venues. I try to spend a day at pinfest and pintastic but with York I reserve both days. Rich took this over for Eric and kept it going (20 years). I believe the show has turned a modest profit so he's not hurting, nor cashing in on it. Despite the rain I'm anticipating great attendance and another year of unprecedented fun! I'm going both days and looking forward to meeting many great pinsiders attending the show.

#524 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Two sets of legss. Good shape $35 bucks for the pair. Chrome.

Standard OEM Williams type?
    I need WMS legs for a Fish Tales I am going to get hot orange powder-coated.
    Please PM if so, and how to find you if so.
    Thanks!

#525 7 years ago

See you all Friday!

sq (resized).jpgsq (resized).jpg

#526 7 years ago

I have a set of used TOM ramps (steps ramp has a crack close to the metal flap, other ramp is fine), TOM used plastic set, TFTC used plastic set, FH used plastic set, used not working Black Rose cannon motor assembly, a ton of different key fobs and a box of lockdown bars (pinball 2000, safe cracker, and 6-7 others). I can bring any of this stuff tomorrow morning if a deal is worked out before hand. Also have a working Crane Machine (Smart Candy Crane), a Rowe BC-9 Change Machine with base (tall slender unit great for a basement arcade), dual acorn bubble gum machine on stand, and about 50 video arcade marquees (want to sell as a lot)

#527 7 years ago

Yes, this show was originally started in a fire hall basement. If I'm not mistaken, there was only enough room for approximately eighty machines. Marlon & Eric did a phenomenal job in promoting this venue, as Pinside has taken over the reins. Without Pinside, this show would only be half of what it is now ~ I believe. I know Rich & Marlon personally, & if you have the opportunity, thank them for their diligent endeavor in everything they have accomplished both past & present. For without Marlon & Eric the show wouldn't be, & without Rich the show simply wouldn't go on.

#528 7 years ago

Have space and decided to sell my RFM so if we can close a deal today by 5-6 PM, I can load it up when I start to pack. Getting all packed up early as I amhitting the road at 3am! The game is a nice player, with original computer(no Nucire) and CRT. Everything works as it should, cons are the lock bar is worn to metal on the left hand corner, has wrong head bolts and the backbox decals are ok with two small holes on the left side where the operator had a tag on. Priced to move at $2200!

#529 7 years ago
    Quoted from hillbilly:

I agree with you. As machines sell off the floor more people take them out. However, I was there for both days last year and Saturday was jammed with people. Maybe toward the afternoon things will thin out a bit. York is a great show and personally is the most enjoyable compared to other venues. I try to spend a day at pinfest and pintastic but with York I reserve both days. Rich took this over for Eric and kept it going (20 years). I believe the show has turned a modest profit so he's not hurting, nor cashing in on it. Despite the rain I'm anticipating great attendance and another year of unprecedented fun! I'm going both days and looking forward to meeting many great pinsiders attending the show.

Rich (and his crew) have done a great job with this show and Ivan (and his crew) done equally as well since taking over Allentown (about the same time) and I think we all need to go out of our way to thank them when we have the chance. York is hands down my favorite show and I really can't pin down exactly why? It just seems to be the perfect size and a nice laid back pace or something. Allentown is bigger and has great food but there is just something about the York Show that is special.

And to any of the volunteers that happen to read this post a very special THANK YOU to you guys & girls. No one could run a successful show without the help of a bunch of great volunteers!

I have not had the chance to make it to Pintastic yet but I know that is shaping up to be another great show here on the east coast and I wish them well also. VFW is another show on my personal "bucket list" - that sounds like a great show also. But regardless what show we are talking about everyone needs to remember it takes a ton of work by a lot of people to make one of these shows happen. Are any of them perfect - NO - but all the promoters do the best they can to keep the majority of people happy. And we all really need to take a minute to say thanks for all the hard work they put into making these shows great.

I hate having to miss York again this year but family has to come first. I hope everyone has a great show! Be safe & enjoy!

#530 7 years ago

See you all at the show tomorrow! Just my final check in here. Besides grabbing some LEDs and new balls for both of my games, I'm also looking for . . .

- Haunted House parts (NOS or used but nice backglass, plastics, PF's, etc.).

- New black casters and legs for TFTC (28.5 w/ Flair)

- Backglass/DMD glare guard

- TFTC eye ball stand up targets (which I think Marco has at every show)

- Flipper fidelity backbox speakers for Data East (TFTC)

- New TFTC scoop cliffy

#531 7 years ago

Anyone know if there will be a live cam stream this year?

#532 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, this show was originally started in a fire hall basement. If I'm not mistaken, there was only enough room for approximately eighty machines. Marlon & Eric did a phenomenal job in promoting this venue, as Pinside has taken over the reins. Without Pinside, this show would only be half of what it is now ~ I believe. I know Rich & Marlon personally, & if you have the opportunity, thank them for their diligent endeavor in everything they have accomplished both past & present. For without Marlon & Eric the show wouldn't be, & without Rich the show simply wouldn't go on.

Yes, and in my post I totally neglected mentioning Marlon's name whom played an integral role in making the show happen. I really appreciate all the effort it goes on putting on this show. There's so more more put into it than getting vendors and gate revenue. Moreover, I agree the impact pinside has in promoting these venues in addition to the pinball industry in itself. Looking forward to the show. Set up starts tonight.

#533 7 years ago

Data East Star Trek project. See ad. $925

#534 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR has 2 NIB MMRs left in stock we are bringing. Email Joe at [email protected] to reserve one for pickup at the show.

Any MMR on display? available to play?

I never seen one in person.

I'd email, but others might want to know as well.

#535 7 years ago

I have a Silverball Mania "project" for sale/trade. It has a great backglass, great cabinet (other than some flaking on the bottom of the head) and a terrible playfield. Player 2 display has a blank 1000s digit all the others are bright and clear. Haven't checked if it's just a loose wire or something worse. Game plays 100% other than a couple of bulbs that are out which I'll probably fix during setup.

The good news is I have a CPR playfield with it! This was a "CPR seconds" or something so it's not clear coated. There's some flaws but I'm pretty sure they would be covered up by playfield mechs. So, go buy some "2 part clear coat in a can" from NAPA, clearcoat the PF, swap it in and you'll have a really nice SBM. Looking for $1000 or best offer or interesting trade.

I'll be there Friday & Saturday.

IMG_8236 (resized).JPGIMG_8236 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8237 (resized).JPGIMG_8237 (resized).JPG

cpr_pf (resized).JPGcpr_pf (resized).JPG

#536 7 years ago

looking for a left side playfield slide assembly...

#537 7 years ago

Looking for Unused pinball side mirrored blades.
    For 1987 Williams Fire!

jeff 540-718-6764

#538 7 years ago

Still looking for a working 1-player Gottlieb ball count unit.

#539 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I'll be at the show Friday. I'll bring a wall art Getaway playfield (local was going to take but didn't), a semi-decent TOTAN playfield (from a swap I'm in process of), a few lock down bars (at least one wide body), and some Rudy/Red/Ted parts kicking around.
    Looking for a Sopranos, CV, or W?D.

I have a spare Bally Flip Flop Playfield that's populated, back box, and bottom panel with almost all mech/wiring parts attached. The back box is parts only and I don't see me needing the extra stuff as spares. Send me a PM if you need more info. Both playfields I had are sold. Still have lock down bars.

#540 7 years ago

Looking for a decent Spy Hunter backglass. Also looking for a 6M$M cab and head. Meteor parts. Basket case 81 EBD project.

Items for sale that I will have with me:

Tested working Xenon sound and speech board set $125 firm
    Bally Cheap squeak sound board, recapped, new volume pot, new spy hunter roms, tested $125 firm
    John Greatwich Catacomb backglass, never installed, $200 firm

#541 7 years ago

If that's the DE Star Trek from the shed in Wilmington I passed on yesterday for $650, the mpu had some acid damage and is missing a rom and wouldn'tbokt and dmd is out along with a butload of moisture damage. Some GI and backboard lights do work, and the sound card will test loop. No lights on buttons, inserts, or coin door. No coils fire on power up, but that may be because of the mpu. At $650 it was a steal though, just too much work for me since I already have a project pin I'm sinking cash into.

#542 7 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

If that's the DE Star Trek from the shed in Wilmington I passed on yesterday for $650, the mpu had some acid damage and is missing a rom and wouldn'tbokt and dmd is out along with a butload of moisture damage. Some GI and backboard lights do work, and the sound card will test loop. No lights on buttons, inserts, or coin door. No coils fire on power up, but that may be because of the mpu. At $650 it was a steal though, just too much work for me since I already have a project pin I'm sinking cash into.

Nah, that's not the one. I did see that though. I was actually going to get that and combine the two but the seller said that it sold.

#543 7 years ago

I was so sad when I plugged it in. $650 was too good to be true

#544 7 years ago

RFM price drop to $2175 and I found the NOS game manual that I had bought for it at York last year!

#545 7 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

I was so sad when I plugged it in. $650 was too good to be true

I'll contact her again. Maybe it's still available

#546 7 years ago

I have a RFM lockdown bar in good condition with the spring and pin for sale

#547 7 years ago

I'd love to trade my mint TOM but have 0 way of getting the machine there. Good thing I only live 25 mins away! This will be my first year attending

#548 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trooper11040:

I'd love to trade my mint TOM

lol, why?

#549 7 years ago

I would be willing to let my Smart Candy Crane go for $400 if a deal is lined up.

#550 7 years ago

Just time for something different

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2016-edition/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.