8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tomh52722
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So, you've got a fix that's not working out like you planned. It's more complicated than you thought, or it's at the far edge of your skills or experience. So, rather than tackle it first thing, you decide to warm up with a simple thing that you've been putting off. Something completely straight-forward like soldering the flickering light socket, or reflowing the solder on the weak display, or even simpler, like replacing the beehive housing on the shooter rod. And then you find even THAT is complicated by something unanticipated and now it's time for lunch and the 'simple' fix is not done and you haven't even begun to deal with the complicated stuff? Or maybe it's just me...

#2 8 years ago

I buy two NIB machines and leave the project. My poor Pinbot has had a CPR playfield sitting next to it for almost 3 years.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

My poor Pinbot has had a CPR playfield sitting next to it for almost 3 years.

You could just sell me the playfield, problem solved.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

You could just sell me the playfield, problem solved.

No plan for this, but if it goes, its all gonna go at once... Machine, playfield and an NOS (not repro) set of plastics.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

No plan for this, but if it goes, its all gonna go at once... Machine, playfield and an NOS (not repro) set of plastics.

Just let me know.

#6 8 years ago

"Do things in small phases".
    A connector, a switch, a waxing.
    Overwise, you get "overwhelmed".
    That goes for PF swaps too.
    Do things in stages, but never wait too long to restart so you know where you left off.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from bobnatlanta:

So, you've got a fix that's not working out like you planned. It's more complicated than you thought, or it's at the far edge of your skills or experience. So, rather than tackle it first thing, you decide to warm up with a simple thing that you've been putting off. Something completely straight-forward like soldering the flickering light socket, or reflowing the solder on the weak display, or even simpler, like replacing the beehive housing on the shooter rod. And then you find even THAT is complicated by something unanticipated and now it's time for lunch and the 'simple' fix is not done and you haven't even begun to deal with the complicated stuff? Or maybe it's just me...

Yes, this is exactly me. The only difference is I seem to cause other things not to work when doing what I think are the simple repairs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-warm-up-fixis-this-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.