1414986294616.jpg
1414981647699.jpg
TWD.JPG
No Fireworks!!!.JPG
1958539_10201469328160998_1528876269_n.jpg
dayum-dayum-dayum-better-speed.gif
mind blown.gif
Coffin.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 10 years ago

It's hard to say from that still, but it's plausible he may be trying to lean over that enough to bring his left eye on the scope. The P90's ambidextrous too, he could swap it around! Hahaha. But, Devil's advocate:

There are lots of continuity and other errors in the show, but when that scene happens he's been blind for what? A week or something? Next time you're out shooting, totally reverse your stance, grip and sight picture and compare that to keeping everything the same and just covering your strong eye. I'm betting you do better leaning over and using your weak eye, at least until you've totally retrained yourself otherwise.

#106 10 years ago

Oops.

6 months later
#139 10 years ago

Wow folks, the uh, the story's basically ABOUT Carl and what he represents.

4 weeks later
#200 10 years ago

You realize that the entire zombie genre, when done well, is ALWAYS about character development, not the zombies, right? It's ABOUT relationships and how different archetypes cope with the situation, how they change, how they interact, how they get along, or don't, what stays the same, what influences their decisions, who lives and how or why, what do you compromise, how do you persevere, when do you give up, what do you leave the next generation? It's about which character do you most empathize with, what would you do differently, how honest are you with yourself? Christ, zombies are barely even IN the original Night of the Living Dead, because it's ABOUT something.

(Point of FACT: There are actually no zombies in Night of the Living Dead at all.)

God damn. It's like most people think they're watching a video game wherein all the cinematics truly are just contrived plot devices in order to loosely segue between action scenes. If that's all you require from your entertainment there's plenty of of Michael Bay and/or Brett Ratner movies from which you may choose.

#209 10 years ago

The word "zombie" is never uttered a single time in the original Night of the Living Dead. They are referred to as "ghouls", or, "...all messed up". Go go gadget trivia. I think the IMDB thing is written for a new crowd. I believe they were ghouls in the original cast list as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, check it out. Wikipedia lists them as ghouls as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Living_Dead

#211 10 years ago

Yes, in the comic characters have referred to "zombies", but they remark how silly it sounds to be talking about them as real creatures, hence the monikers.

I'm not setting this up as a pissing match dude, it's just a minor bit of movie history trivia. The term "zombie" movie was sort of misapplied to Night of the Living Dead due to other conventions. It was a ghoul movie. As a progenitor of a genre we look back now, and say, oh, check it out, the first zombie movie. Frankenstein by modern definitions is a science fiction story, but Shelly would never have called it that despite being credited as the modern genre's first author.

No big deal, chill out.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope it's not gonna be the same "nice town with a bad guy" type thing. We've seen it.

Maybe Ted. Maybe. But... who's the "bad" guy this time?

My first problem with this show is now concrete. They are taking all the hard choices away from Carl. In the comics Carl killed Shane. That was a big deal. In the comics, Lizze and her sister are twin boys (if I remember right) and while the adults hem and haw and piss and moan about what to do with the one who cuts up his brother, Carl takes him into the woods and shoots him.

That was a big deal.

Not sure why they are doing that. Carl. He's kind of a big deal.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'd like to see what that little girl looks like in 15 years!
...very striking features!

Per. Vert.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure this is her via time warp, from the god awful show "Reign". Enjoy. You pervert:

http://australian.actress-photo.com/wp-content/gallery/CaitlinStasey/Caitlin_Stasey_26020_1.jpg

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=caitlin+stasey&stid=c3fa0b83-026c-c5e4-3dc8-08aa3f2c25b6&qpvt=caitlin+stasey&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=48DF600864229D9E99AB6D057E8FB2AD69A4F111&selectedIndex=32

Never, ever, under any circumstances, watch Reign. It is an endless parade of insulting dialog, ham fisted plot device, clumsy segue and thoroughly, utterly, unattractive people. Except the king. He's kind of a bad ass.

#242 10 years ago

Freaky huh?

Watched those shows back to back last night (well, all of one, 15 minutes of the other). It's eerie.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I have watched every episode and do enjoy it but feel it could be so much LESS. Lets see a semi-intelligent walker rise up and lead an assault or something. I do like the idea of a pack of walker dogs hunting them down. This weeks episode certainly provided a WTF moment. It will be sad to see this season end.

Fixed that typo for you!

Yes, I am serious. Even zombies can evolve. Edit: I guess Im basing this off of the one in I am Legend.

I am Legend was about "vampires", not zombies. At least Matheson's original I am Legend. I did not subject myself to yet another literary abortion staring Will Smith so your misinformation may vary.

I take the show lightly and view it as tongue-in-cheek.

Congratulations, you've just made me utilize an internet meme for the first time: You're doing it wrong.

#254 10 years ago

Danny Trejo > Machete

3 months later
#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Anyone tell me what I am missing but have a hard time giving it a shot after at least three episodes.

Nah. I'm getting the "Way too much trouble" vibe here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider navajas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-deadreturns?tu=navajas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.