100_2445.JPG
IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5754.JPG
IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5788.JPG
IMG_5789.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Got a few inquires about my Well Walker so here is a "HOW TO" if anyone wants LED eyes in Well Walker.

1. Drill through the glue at bottom of well walker once plate is removed Hole should be big enough for tweezers to get through

2. Drill small holes in Well walker eyes then snake pre wired LED wires through hole and push LEDs far enough to where they are snug and won't pop back out. Extract wire leads from bottom of well walker.

3. If using guts from MEZ make sure to pre mark the hole when guts are mounted to well walker plate, just use a fine point sharpie, this will mark where you need to drill through guts then push through the hole that is already in plate toward the middle

4. Snake wire leads from well walker through plate and guts (if you have them) and then feed them through base holes at bottom of well walker. One wire to left and one to right down the back corner holes then looped into holes at base of well walker mech so they are secure.

5. Make sure to push well walker back so you have slack when ball hits him, but not too much slack. Paint the wire leads red and they look like more intestines. Attach leads to a general GI LED and your well walker looks even better.

IMG_5789.JPGIMG_5789.JPG
IMG_5788.JPGIMG_5788.JPG
IMG_5801.JPGIMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5754.JPGIMG_5754.JPG
IMG_5755.JPGIMG_5755.JPG
IMG_5761.JPGIMG_5761.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Nice work , looks really creepy ...

#3 9 years ago

Going to have to try this, thanks for sharing.

#4 9 years ago

What leds did you use can u send a link

#5 9 years ago

Nice work. Would like to see the leds you used and another picture of the wiring you placed inside the figure. I'm thinking of doing a similar mod for another machine.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

What leds did you use can u send a link

Got mine on ebay just make sure you get the MM size you want for eyes and you select the color you want, They are already prewired and ready to install

ebay.com link: 6V 12V pre wired LED light round top colorful RGB 20cm line bright DIY Model toy

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Got mine on ebay just make sure you get the MM size you want for eyes and you select the color you want, They are already prewired and ready to install
ebay.com link » 6v 12v Pre Wired Led Light Round Top Colorful Rgb 20cm Line Bright Diy Model Toy

Thank you Capguntrooper i take it you got the smallest size leds for the eyes says 3 mm 5 mm and 10mm

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Thank you Capguntrooper i take it you got the smallest size leds for the eyes says 3 mm 5 mm and 10mm

Get the 3mm size, at least that is the size I have in mine. Any bigger and it may be over powering. the larger sizes may be great in other applications. These bad boys IMO have stood the test of time as I have them in my predator mask topper in my arcade and my 3 player AVP has been on every day for 8-10 hours for over a year now and the LED's are still going strong.

100_2445.JPG100_2445.JPG
#9 9 years ago

So it's the 3MM 5-7V you need right?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from junkwavepete:

So it's the 3MM 5-7V you need right?

Yes sir thats the one

#11 9 years ago

Just a heads up, when you drill your well walkers in any of your Twd pins make sure not to use a bit that is too large or get over zealous and drill to far and your bit pops out the back of his head. Then again you could always install a red flasher inside him making it look like he is being shot over and over......hmmmmmmm I need a test subject well walker lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-well-walker-led-eyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.