• Latest reply 9 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lane.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

yeah there is a plastic there hiding the metal guide, if you zoom in you can see the plastic and the lane. This photo isn't exact but gives you an idea of the lane.
lane.jpglane.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Thanks for the vid, looks pretty good. The ramps are steep and long, definitely not easy, and it seems to be as fast as AC/DC is. Looked quite an outlane drain monster too...

#53 9 years ago

The gameplay looks like ironman two ramps on each side center toy , loops shot on each side and they drop to the bumpers.......I will have to sell my ironman if I want this one , but I like more the ironman theme ....

#54 9 years ago

The prison just opens it doors and you bash a big zombie head?

The Well Walker just lifts up when you bash it?

#55 9 years ago

Thanks for posting. It's a little hard to hear the game over the others but it's sure nice to see how the ball interacts with the games features. I like bash toys but I'm bummed out by the prison. I thought for sure that there was more to the prison toy then just the door and zombie head. Initially I thought that the prison would also be a ball lock and that another shot would exist behind the zombie head due to the size of the entire toy... The LE has 3 bash toys but every toy does the exact same thing with the exception of hitting the doors on the prison. The game still looks fun but I think it could have benefited from several unique toys like on Metallica. Hopefully the crossbow toy on the LE is implemented in some interesting ways.

The last thing I have to say is about the lack of a physical ball lock. Sure not having a ball lock makes a game faster but it's at the expense of fun gameplay in my opinion. While I love my ACDC Premium I wish there was a way to lock balls in it. Locking balls and starting MB is just fun and rewarding as a player.

#56 9 years ago

love the call outs: warp 2, ball one locked... oh wait.

wellverine is in the way more than anything, get ready to changes those balls every months/week hitting that metal plate.

no ball lock behind/inside the prison, disappointed.
ramps looks cool.
too much return in the pops.

it's x-men all over again...

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

That to me is the disappointment. The C block could have been so much more. The well walker could have lifted up so balls would have dropped in the well and balls could have been locked in the jail. I love the look of the game but there is no way this justified the price increase.

#58 9 years ago

I guess this thread shows why releasing video seems to take so long and is non existent from stern directly.

#59 9 years ago

Let's be honest.

That "Prison Multiball" callout is absolutely pitiful.

#60 9 years ago

looks cool, glad I held off on a pre-order at these prices. Maybe I'll get a huo one down the road someday.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

I guess this thread shows why releasing video seems to take so long and is non existent from stern directly.

Not really most distributors have a certain 100% refund policy before a certain date.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

it's x-men all over again...

Nope. Lyman. He can take a seemingly "meh" game and make it insane.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like bash toys but I'm bummed out by the prison. I thought for sure that there was more to the prison toy then just the door and zombie head. Initially I thought that the prison would also be a ball lock and that another shot would exist behind the zombie head due to the size of the entire toy... The LE has 3 bash toys but every toy does the exact same thing with the exception of hitting the doors on the prison.

Agreed...it's very bash-toy heavy. Would have been interesting to see some toys that did something different. The Prison being a ball lock makes perfect sense - it's a PRISON lol. Trap the balls (zombies) inside...they escape for Multiball. Oh well. I'm assuming the bash toy under the ramp on the LE is just a bash toy. Would have been nice for there to be a 'change state' there like Gofers. Bash the toy, toy goes down, reveals a new shot.

Anyway, it all comes down to code and I'm sure Lyman will make it a blast to play. I've been playing my B/W games a lot lately - and that's making me crave more interesting toys besides bash figures. For those who love the theme, I'm sure TWD will be great...last few Sterns have been really light on compelling toy features. METLE/Prem was a high bar in terms of cool toys...I'd like to see more designs like that...each toy has its own flavor and style. Inline drops to a reveal toy (cross). "Animated magic trick" toy (hammer lock). Bash toy with satisfying animation (Sparky). Kickout with a game-controllable target (Snake). TWD is just all bash. Well Walker - bash. Prison door - bash. Zombie in the prison - bash. Bicycle girl head - bash.

#63 9 years ago

lyman is the master no doubt and i'm sure when the code is finished the game will be better but that wellverine will still be there.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Not really most distributors have a certain 100% refund policy before a certain date.

Huh?

Didn't say anything about Distro's or deposits.

Was referring more to the negativity of many posts and people pointing out only what could have been better. (Like some of your posts )

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Lyman. He can take a seemingly "meh" game and make it insane.

I agree. If you looked at AC/DC gameplay from a mediocre player without software.... what a mess that'd look like.

#66 9 years ago

The video made the game look terrible IMO. I saw several outlane drains, 5 shots at ramps and 4 of them rejected. The ball is in the pops way too much - the player is constantly standing waiting for the ball to come out of the pops. And something about how the ball flows seems the player was mostly on ball drain defense rather than taking shots. Couldn't hear the sounds. It didn't look enticing or fun at all to me.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I agree. If you looked at AC/DC gameplay from a mediocre player without software.... what a mess that'd look like.

Bingo. When I first saw (and even played) AC/DC, I was like "F this!". Now it's one of my favorites and will never leave.

#68 9 years ago

The barn needed to be like the Magneto lock on Xmen

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#69 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The video made the game look terrible IMO. I saw several outlane drains, 5 shots at ramps and 4 of them rejected. The ball is in the pops way too much - the player is constantly standing waiting for the ball to come out of the pops. And something about how the ball flows seems the player was mostly on ball drain defense rather than taking shots. Couldn't hear the sounds. It didn't look enticing or fun at all to me.

i agree, i wasn't impressed with that video.

that's one of the reason i will never pre order a pinball.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Has there ever been any initial video of a game with early code that was so compelling that people didn't feel this exact same way?

metallica for me. loved the layout and art package.

#71 9 years ago

Not sure why there would be two orbits on the left that both lead to the pop bumpers not liking that at all

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The barn needed to be like the Magneto lock on Xmen

From what I have seen, the whole concept of the game is that you are using the ball to kill zombies. Having a bunch of "bullets" locked up in the barn wouldn't make much sense in the overall design. Looks like Borg created a design to keep the ball moving as much as possible. I think no scoop and no ball locks, which have been a staple of the last few Borg designs, backs that up.

Whether or not this ends up being fun to play is tbd, but I like the concept.

#73 9 years ago

Need more video of the game on its own from a better angle with full sound to make a better opinion.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From what I have seen, the whole concept of the game is that you are using the ball to kill zombies. Having a bunch of "bullets" locked up in the barn wouldn't make much sense in the overall design. Looks like Borg created a design to keep the ball moving as much as possible. I think no scoop and no ball locks, which have been a staple of the last few Borg designs, backs that up.
Whether or not this ends up being fun to play is tbd, but I like the concept.

that could still work. make the start of multi ball out of the cell block like you obtained a machine gun or shotgun

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The Well Walker will also make coffee for you.

#76 9 years ago

Ok I'm sorry is this about flow? Nope didn't see to much of that all be it, maybe the player? What this does to me is reassures my decisions that unless I see spectacular at 8k plus why would you buy? There is nothing new here and I agree this is a re themed game at best. I do love the concept of killing and trying to stay alive as long as you can with Zombie counts etc but where again is the innovation for the money, especially for what they want for the LE. Sure code can make this fun however it wont resolve a prison not locking balls nor a bash toy that really does do much at all except jerk back a bit revealing what, lights? I am more than happy now to wait and see what Lyman does with this before pulling the chord. Praying now Smaug and the pop ups change the way we think of new toys!

#77 9 years ago

Very hard to tell from this video, the player never settled the ball and flipped both flippers all the time during multi ball. Both a recipe for quick drains. Left ramp shots look tough. I think he only made one during the game.

#78 9 years ago

Looked like a drain monster Wish it was the only game going and could get some audio

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Huh?
Didn't say anything about Distro's or deposits.
Was referring more to the negativity of many posts and people pointing out only what could have been better. (Like some of your posts )

I see, I misinterpreted.

#80 9 years ago

I'm not sure why the OP felt the need to start a new topic with the video I shot, while there was already a topic going on with even more videos. The player in this video wasn't that good, but I was happy he put up a decent score, which showed the two stacked multiballs. It was actually pretty hard to find a good player at this show, or someone to hold the camera while I would play. I should have brought a tripod. See my original post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading for more comments on gameplay and such. More videos on www.facebook.com/pinballmagazine. I'll upload more videos to youtube and www.pinball-magazine.com.

#81 9 years ago

To me, the most amazing thing about the video is the gravity-defying save the player makes at around 0:57 to keep the ball from draining down the center.

#82 9 years ago

the code won't even be 'ready' for gameplay for months. remember this, then remember it may take years for the finished code.

tron/xmen gameplay BLEW on release, now they are fun to play because of the code

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I'm not sure why the OP felt the need to start a new topic with the video I shot, while there was already a topic going on with even more videos. The player in this video wasn't that good, but I was happy he put up a decent score, which showed the two stacked multiballs. It was actually pretty hard to find a good player at this show, or someone to hold the camera while I would play. I should have brought a tripod. See my original post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading for more comments on gameplay and such. More videos on http://www.facebook.com/pinballmagazine. I'll upload more videos to youtube and http://www.pinball-magazine.com.

He wanted free likes and his own thread even tho it was you who brought it to us.

#84 9 years ago

I'm just glad I won't be participating in the "Where is the TWD Code Update" thread. I learned my lesson with Metallica. What a horrible experience that was seeing a ton of new posts thinking there was a code update when, of course, it was nothing but us jabbering back and forth.

#85 9 years ago

On the initial gameplay looks fast, and the ramps shots are definately not a given, the monster and house target do not look super safe either which is interesting. Can't wait to give it a whirl, but will need a few games on this if I were ever to add it to my collection... Thanks for the video.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I'm not sure why the OP felt the need to start a new topic with the video I shot, while there was already a topic going on with even more videos.

Excellent point, Jonathan. I'm going to close this thread. It seems silly to be having the same exact conversation in two different places. The other thread can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.