View topic image gallery

image-414.jpg
image-710.jpg
image-381.jpg
image-972.jpg
image-372.jpg
image-699.jpg
image-65.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

My local arcade (called The Arcade) has both versions next to each other.
It was cool to see the comparisons.
I thought I'd share with the community. Enjoy!image-414.jpgimage-710.jpgimage-381.jpgimage-372.jpgimage-972.jpgimage-699.jpgimage-65.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Interesting. Backglass/translite look the same? I'm guessing the in person view is different?

#3 6 years ago

One dollar a play, eh? We just bumped up to 75 cents over here.

#4 6 years ago

Yea, the pro translite is black and white, and the LE is in color. Nice touch.

#5 6 years ago

Yea, $1 a play, or 3 plays for $2

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Interesting. Backglass/translite look the same? I'm guessing the in person view is different?

Look again, the LE backglass is way more detailed. Look at the spider web crack above the main zombies head, way more detailed on the LE. So are the zombies faces and then there is the mirroring as well. I guess you have to see it in person. I've seen both and LE looks way better.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Look again, the LE backglass is way more detailed. Look at the spider web crack above the main zombies head, way more detailed on the LE. So are the zombies faces and then there is the mirroring as well. I guess you have to see it in person. I've seen both and LE looks way better.

wow, I didn't notice that before. Yea, there is a lot more detail, and also a big line (crack) on the right side that is not even on the pro.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

wow, I didn't notice that before. Yea, there is a lot more detail, and also a big line (crack) on the right side that is not even on the pro.

Lolz!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

One dollar a play, eh? We just bumped up to 75 cents over here.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Welcome to the 21st Century!

I'm just waiting for "3 plays for $5"...you know it's coming soon.

#11 6 years ago

I did look from his side by side it's hard to tell. I have seen/played the pro and have an LE coming, who knows when it will get here, I mean I'm 20 mins from the factory so I get mine LAST, not to mention my [email protected]@ paid sales tax! hence..... lesson learned! I'm sure I will be happy once it makes the long trip from Stern to my basement. BTW the Bears suck this is hard to watch! Here's to my LE coming this week...........maybe............

#12 6 years ago

The LE cabinet art is very nice looking. Not sure I like the Trim kit though.

#13 6 years ago

Your pictures cut off the topper. That might make them look different. Otherwise they are pretty close. Except the AMC logo is more prominent on the LE since it is yellow.

Based on this look, if I was in the market for an AMC pin, I might just save my LE money and go with the Pro.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I'm just waiting for "3 plays for $5"...you know it's coming soon.

No need to wait, come to Australia - $2 per game, 3 for $5. Im so used to it now that the $5 seems "good value".

TWD Le lighting seems so much better.

#15 6 years ago

The pro is just fine. I like my Zombies Black and White and red all over.

#16 6 years ago

Comparing those translites, you can see they aren't just filtered different, but the zombies are placed different. Shoulders, etc, are different distances from each other. They are literally 2 different compositions using the same zombie models, but each made from scratch. An interesting effect. I suspect far more time was spent on them than is first apparent.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Comparing those translites, you can see they aren't just filtered different, but the zombies are placed different. Shoulders, etc, are different distances from each other. They are literally 2 different compositions using the same zombie models, but each made from scratch. An interesting effect. I suspect far more time was spent on them than is first apparent.

Good eye. You are right they are different in more ways than the obvious mirrored backglass look. I am excited to get my LE, waiting patiently.....kindof

#18 6 years ago

I had the opportunity to play the LE and was a little disappointed in the play. The left ramp (which raises) on the LE has a gap / height difference and on most occassions when the ball is sent up the left ramp it jumps in the air, hits the top and comes back down ramp. Not sure if its a problem on all the LEs, but without seeing any available adjustment it was pretty disappointing.

#19 6 years ago

I have an LE and I think the red lighting is horrible, I have ordered cool white double leds from cointaker to replace the red GI leds. The left ramp is a huge problem, airballs on regular basis.

#20 6 years ago

That left ramp looks to be a real problem. I also noticed that wrapping it around the right ramp, on the return trip down the left side plastic lane with the big dip, the ball jumped out of the 2 of the 3 times that I sent it though there too. Just a little shocked that these issues were caught in QC.

#21 6 years ago

I have an LE. And the ramps are both fine. The left ramp never rejects the shot as described above. And I have never ever had the ball not make the right ramp and fall out at the point in the dip on the left. Being that my machine has none of these problems, I'm going to assume that it's possible for all machines to be set up like mine.

As for ramp rejects on the left ramp hitting something. There are some cords in the head that hang down. And these can be in the ramp behind the backboard. I had some issues with that until I tightened those wires up. The white ground wire on the right head hole is the main problem.

As for left ramp air balls, I have had a little bounce on missed shots on the left ramp. These shots would have been missed anyway. But it is slightly annoying to get a little bounce. I wouldn't exactly consider it regular airballs though.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have an LE and I think the red lighting is horrible, I have ordered cool white double leds from cointaker to replace the red GI leds.

I'm assuming there are 2 controlled color zones like the other LE/Premiums...if you remove the reds, you're going to miss out on specific color change/fade FX as they're added to the code.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm assuming there are 2 controlled color zones like the other LE/Premiums...if you remove the reds, you're going to miss out on specific color change/fade FX as they're added to the code.

Ya that's how it is. Except the code isn't yet implemented to do this. But I'm sure it will be in the future. I think in this case, stern should have doubled up the leds and kept the red off then only turned them on when needed so that the game wouldn't look reddish all the time.

#24 6 years ago

I am glad to hear that maybe this is an isolated problem Markmon. Maybe some adjustments can be made. Thats good news!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Yea, $1 a play, or 3 plays for $2

Nothing compared to our $2 a play or $5 for 3 in Oz!

#26 6 years ago

The real question is, how many times did you put your name up on each Aaron?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have an LE. And the ramps are both fine. The left ramp never rejects the shot as described above. And I have never ever had the ball not make the right ramp and fall out at the point in the dip on the left. Being that my machine has none of these problems, I'm going to assume that it's possible for all machines to be set up like mine.
As for ramp rejects on the left ramp hitting something. There are some cords in the head that hang down. And these can be in the ramp behind the backboard. I had some issues with that until I tightened those wires up. The white ground wire on the right head hole is the main problem.
As for left ramp air balls, I have had a little bounce on missed shots on the left ramp. These shots would have been missed anyway. But it is slightly annoying to get a little bounce. I wouldn't exactly consider it regular airballs though.

Yup, just like my AVLE never has issues. Must be everyone else's set up.

#28 6 years ago

It's really hard to tell when looking at photos of these machines what looks better. I've seen both machines and the LE looks much better in person. The LE is a better game and looks best. I like looking at the LE, the art work is very good. Plus it's a great theme!!!!

#29 6 years ago

anyone that doesn't have an invested interest have an opinion on if a pro is ok with this model? i usually go LE but i am not seeing it on this one...

#30 6 years ago

Over all looks of the LE are worth $1000 to me! Love it! The LE is a much better looking game. Play wise I'm glade I grabbed the LE over the Pro version. It's just not that much money and only 253 here in the states makes it a true LE. Very happy with the game and current software. The Pro is a solid "B" game and a great deal for the money. IMHO

#31 6 years ago

I completely disagree with the 'B' game comment - sounds like you are trying to justify your LE purchase.

I went with the Pro on this and am perfectly happy with it. I could have spent the extra on the LE, but to me (and its my opinion) the extras on the LE don't justify the added cost. It's still a blast to play and you can add mods just the same.

I've added a shaker, a fish tank with heads, playfield support rails, side rails with the button guards, and changed out some of the LEDs (white to red) for a few hundred bucks. No I don't get the nifty crossbow, extra drop target or the well walker magnet - I'm okay with that on this game.

And as an added bonus I don't have to worry about not making ramp shots with the crossbow!

#32 6 years ago

yeah Aztarac unless i am missing something i am seeing it your way here as well...and i am usually the whatever ill drop the extra money but $3k in extras i am not seeing here...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

yeah Aztarac unless i am missing something i am seeing it your way here as well...and i am usually the whatever ill drop the extra money but $3k in extras i am not seeing here...

Way I look at it is I can have fun with the TWD Pro and can use the extra money towards a future purchase. There's always the "Well, just wait until Stern releases a Premium TWD soon" argument, but I don't see a Preemie release on TWD.....

#34 6 years ago

I think the Pro is fine on this game, I feel the same about MET, and Tron.

Here are the differences (sorry for the repeat - but that's how you decide)
2/3 color controlled GI lighting
color changing inserts
Well Walker Magnet
2 Spinners
Extra drop target
Cannon w/ fire button on lock down bar
Cabinet Art
Classic lockdown bar
Classic Support Rails
Mirrored Backglass
1 of 600 made with certificate of authenticity

IMHO - If the code ends up killer, you'll probably wish you had the LE. If it ends up OK - Good, you'll probably save money on the Pro and still be very happy.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I think the Pro is fine on this game, I feel the same about MET, and Tron.
Here are the differences (sorry for the repeat - but that's how you decide)
2/3 color controlled GI lighting
color changing inserts
Well Walker Magnet
2 Spinners
Extra drop target
Cannon w/ fire button on lock down bar
Cabinet Art
Classic lockdown bar
Classic Support Rails
Mirrored Backglass
1 of 600 made with certificate of authenticity
IMHO - If the code ends up killer, you'll probably wish you had the LE. If it ends up OK - Good, you'll probably save money on the Pro and still be very happy.

You forgot the

- awesome fishtank
- WellWalker Guts
- Lifting ramp
- Bicycle Girl Bash toy

#36 6 years ago

For the first time, I'm actually leaning toward the Pro model on this one.

I'm not a huge fan of the crossbow at this early stage; I don't like the look of the well walker guts, the 'faux' backglass and the red GI. I'm bummed by the lack of an included shaker motor, and I've found the right ramp frustrating (leading to too many airballs and what's seemingly impossible to hit with the X-bow).

The only things I think I'd really miss are the magnet in front of the well walker; the color changing inserts (although currently they aren't adding very much); the playfield support rails; and the trim (sort of) and I'm having trouble justifying the added $ for those and all but the extra magnet and color changing inserts can be had.

#37 6 years ago

You forgot the
- awesome fishtank
- WellWalker Guts
- Lifting ramp
- Bicycle Girl Bash toy

You're right - and I also forgot the cabinet trim and legs.

I think the left ramp air ball issue and crossbow issues can be overcome with some tweaking.
When you look at the Pro/LE differences, this game has a decent number of playfield differences.

Drop Target - could be cool - depending on rules
Spinners - could be cool - depending on rules
Well Walker Magnet
Lifting Ramp - already pretty cool (if issues are resolved)
Crossbow Cannon - could be real cool - depending on rules
Color controlled GI lighting
Color changing insert lights

I think the sum of all the above may be the most significant Pro/LE play differences since AC/DC.
How much these features are actually used will totally depend on the code.

#38 6 years ago

I realize the color controlled GI Lights on the LE are currently Red and White.
Does anyone know if there are actually 3 zones for the colored lighting that will be controlled by the code (or are there only 2 zones)? If there are 3 zones, you could experiment with what colors you want in each of the 3 zones.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The real question is, how many times did you put your name up on each Aaron?

If he in fact he did put his name up they will all be gone after my visit Friday.

#40 6 years ago

I prefer the white light look of the Pro over the red of the LE.

#41 6 years ago

The Pro is a great game on its own and is earning great, Plenty of rooms for mods, Already gut mods out, fish tank mods, Great looking armor mods etc, that will not add up to $3000 difference since the pros are selling in the 4500 range around here.

#42 6 years ago

I wonder what will happen if Stern releases a Premium in the $6k range.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder what will happen if Stern releases a Premium in the $6k range.

I will be very pissed!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I will be very pissed!

Yeah. Just another Stern lie to go with the backglass one (IF, they make a premium)

#45 6 years ago

I want premiums but get it if they are pulled. But if they release the LE with no Premium announcement and then add it I will feel tricked. You get to do that only one time...

#46 6 years ago

I have an LE and I had a pro in the house for a while. Here is my take:

The LE differences that are implemented and make a difference right now are:
- lifting bicycle girl ramp. This is a major changer and really adds to the game
- the crossbow - is implemented well. Just doesn't activate often enough
- the second magnet - adds to the gameplay but I don't live or hate it
- drop target - this one is nice and adds to improving flow. Anytime you get the ball back into the shooter lane it's to take a shot. On the pro it felt like something was kind of missing as you get the ball into the shooter lane with nothing to do sometimes
- spinners - very minimal notice

The rest of the LE features are ok but could be added to the pro as enhancements or such and be good enough.

The pro is a decent machine and I can't see fault with going that route instead. I am glad I'm an LE owner mainly due to the bicycle ramp and the crossbow. It's changes the game a lot. Is it worth the extra $2500? That's up to you guys.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am glad I'm an LE owner mainly due to the bicycle ramp and the crossbow. It's changes the game a lot. Is it worth the extra $2500? That's up to you guys.

I totally agree. Pro is a good game for the money but I'm happy with the LE and glade I spent the money.

#48 6 years ago

Yeah. Just another Stern lie to go with the backglass one (IF, they make a premium)

What did stern omit from the backglass? I didnt hear that one?

#49 6 years ago

I actually much prefer the red lighting on the playfield of the LE's to the white lighting of the Pro as it more closely matches the darker scary theme than white does. Also even on the LE it is not all red as you can see but also mixed in red and white with other color variations possible with future software updates. Once again another reason to have the LE for me. The LE looks fantastic with its contrast when in a well lit room compared to the white lighting of the pro. Both look amazing though due to the great artwork of the playfield so either way it is an outstanding game.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballChicken:

What did stern omit from the backglass? I didnt hear that one?

It's not a real screened backglass, just a translite glued to the glass.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside