IMG_5890.JPG
IMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5813.JPG
IMG_5902.JPG
IMG_5901.JPG
IMG_5898.JPG
The-Walking-Dead-Building-Set-12.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Here is a DIY prison tower KIT for The Walking Dead pins out there.

1. Pick up a TWD Prison Tower kit at Toys R Us http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45755086&cp=&parentPage=search

2. (optional) Spray paint or hobby paint the base blocks with NON GLOSS black spray paint from Home Depot or Lowe's. Make sure its not heavily coated or just do one light pass to where grey is still showing.

3. (optional) Use a cap full of goof off, bleach, paint thinner, alcohol or any other solvent that will remove fresh paint and one or two Q tips.

4. (optional) Dab Q tip in solution you chose and run it over the creases of the blocks smearing may happen which is good as it will look like it is aged, just do not over do your solution on the painted blocks. Do what ever brick pattern you desire, the one pictured took me 30 seconds to do and I have ZERO painting skills.

5. (IMPORTANT) Sand tops of blocks. Pictured is a before and after sanded/grind window. Do not forget posts. The entire top needs to be flush as this will be a snug fit in your machine.

6. It is best if you gorilla glue or super glue each block to make it bullet proof and let sit over night then cut that sucker in half once assembled. One of two ways to do this. Run it through a band saw or similar, just wire snip the railings or they will fly away. Long way would be to build it then take a sharpie to outside down middle and then wire snip blocks and sand them so they are flush if you do not have band saw or equivalent.

7. Use an adjustable L bracket also at Home Depot or Lowe's. Drill a small hole in first block at right and secure with a lock nut and that sucker will not budge, specially if you get in and out of your machine a lot.

8. Attach L bracket to the lock nut by the barn where ball enters skill shot area, make sure to also use your philips screw driver to slide out the wire gate so you can access the lock nut easily.

9. My balls have no clearance issue but your machine may be a mil or two off so simply bend your L bracket slightly if you have a clearance issue. I have made two of theses with no clearances issues. i have a November 2014 TWD PRO so earlier or later models may differ, but not really sure, You can also remove the very thin row of blocks where the flood lights reside if you have clearance issue.

10. When you are done you will have two of these bad boys to install. One will have 3 flood lights and the other will only have one in front. When you install I would suggest you replace the 3 LEDs the tower will encompass with non super bright reds, blues, whites or whatever color you want, the ones there already kind of wash out the tower so I replaced them. Any questions feel free to ask and I will edit and clarify. Have fun building!

The-Walking-Dead-Building-Set-12.jpgThe-Walking-Dead-Building-Set-12.jpg
IMG_5898.JPGIMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5901.JPGIMG_5901.JPG
IMG_5902.JPGIMG_5902.JPG
IMG_5813.JPGIMG_5813.JPG
IMG_5889.JPGIMG_5889.JPG
IMG_5890.JPGIMG_5890.JPG
IMG_5895.JPGIMG_5895.JPG
IMG_5896.JPGIMG_5896.JPG
IMG_5893.JPGIMG_5893.JPG
IMG_5786.JPGIMG_5786.JPG
IMG_5863.JPGIMG_5863.JPG
IMG_5871.JPGIMG_5871.JPG
IMG_5677.JPGIMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5679.JPGIMG_5679.JPG
IMG_5799.JPGIMG_5799.JPG

#3 9 years ago

Nicely done, I like making my own mods when I can also.

#4 9 years ago

thanks Dave, I got a lot of my ideas from your machine and threads.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nicely done, I like making my own mods when I can.

+1 on making your own mods. Cheaper and better looking most times, I did pony up the 150 for the mini aquarium as it looked SWEET in Dave's machine.

#6 9 years ago

The coiled Cobra that I made for Mustang cost me about $8. Lights up when one of the pops is hit.

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Any interests in the other half of my TWD tower? It is painted glued and has bracket. I will even throw in a Daryl, Rick, merel and a walker. Then again I might just hang on to this bad boy for a cool mod trade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-prison-tower-diy-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.