You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2925 (resized).JPG
The_who_its_hard_album (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey guys

Been Thinking of TWD prem/le for a while now , love Zombies and I like the show.

I played the pro when it came out and liked it , I like the sound,music
The Dots are awesome...I watched a lot of video and if I buy it will be a prem / le

I want to get your advice to why I should buy or Not buy ..The gameplay,code,fun...

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Well, no doubt, you can buy
I feel like you the same for the theme and the show, TWD Premium is one of my favorite...of course the crossbow and its mod is mandatory (from yoyokopter)

#3 7 years ago

Bought one 6 months ago and sooooo glad I did

#4 7 years ago

There is no Low side at all ? I can see a lot in Video's and Bowen's tutorial but de design and how it plays is hard to feel
Does the Premium Play like any other game out there?

Wish i had one close to me to try

#5 7 years ago

Biggest down fall is it sometimes gets frustrating at time. If that happens tighten up your outlines.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Biggest down fall is it sometimes gets frustrating at time. If that happens tighten up your outlines.

More frustrating then Acdc or just about the same ?

Thanks for your reply's

#7 7 years ago

I have the pro, think the pro is just as good as the premium (no clanky BG ramp), it is without a doubt very hard, probably one of the hardest most brutal pins I have ever played, but that is a plus to me.

I just got LotR and TWD at the same time and they are polar opposite in terms of difficulty. I really love Lotr but to me, without a doubt I love TWD more, it's just so very hard but that's why I like it.

I'll probably sell LotR before TWD because I don't want to play 30 minute games.

The_who_its_hard_album (resized).jpgThe_who_its_hard_album (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Thanks Rai !

#9 7 years ago

TWD Premium is awesome. There is no one big thing that sets the Premium apart from the Pro, but there's of a lot of little things. The Woodbury drop target keeps the ball from going into the shooter lane so much. The spinners rock. The bicycle girl mixes up the play on the left side frequently. I have a later machine and I never had any issues with the bicycle girl ramp, personally. Even the light show shouldn't be dismissed as the color changing GI adds a lot to the atmosphere of this game. The gameplay reminds me most of Metallica, but it's not a regular fan. I recommend it.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have a later machine and I never had any issues with the bicycle girl ramp, personally.

Most LE/Prem owners have zero bg ramp issues, it can be adjusted if needed, and there is a ramp flap option as well. It tends to be brought up by ignorant pro owners.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks guys

#12 7 years ago

Another happy Prem owner here... all of the little reasons listed above really make this game almost a must have as a Prem/LE model. One thing left off the list: the inclusion of Walker Bombs on the Prem/LE which radically change how the game plays-out. A fun little twist in strategy.

#13 7 years ago

Premium is the way to go if u can afford it. Just better overall feel and the lighting is so much better than the pro. Also all the extra features add alot to the gameplay (magnet, dual lighting, spinners, lift ramp, crossbow, fishtank, extra drop target and best of all walker bombs). Dont worry about the pro owners that say the left ramp has issues as its very eaisly ajusted to make it smooth and without issue.

#14 7 years ago

I know there are a lot of premium/LE owners and they'll say the premium is the way to go. But I have played both and am quite happy with the pro. I could have bought either and ended up with the pro and honest to god never feel like I should have got the premium/LE.

I had XMLE and when I did I used to point out the features that were better/different but to me that was a case of myself wanting to justify the pin.

I'm not saying TWD pro is perfect, but it's very close to perfect (to me).

I never had the walker bombs so it's not something I am greatly missing (some say they don't like WB but I have no opinion on them, they are just something I don't have on the pro).

I have played the premium and can say the crossbow is meh. I could take it or leave it. It's the moving ramp on XMLE. It's there but it's not really something that can not be missed. It's the hammer on Met LE. I can take it or leave it. I mean (some may say) it slows the flow.

I have played several versions of TWD premium and (IMO) greatly do not like the BG ramp. IMO the BG ramp is a flawed design. Its not smooth, I've had balls fly off the ramp, it is not solid, it has a bump or hump, it's got a different angle of elevation. IMO the best game would be pro with WB and better improved lighting effect spinners and the pro BG ramp.

Although the pro while not being as intricate in the lighting department, IMO to me the lighting is very darn good for a pro. I can't put my finger on exactly what but it just works and I don't feel like I am lacking in the lighting department.

Of course the LE looks nicer (I love LOVE) the crate artwork, the pro/premium cabinet artwork are just ok but in my lineup the artwork is really hidden.

I'm just saying to me, the pro is a very VERY nice pin. Simple in all the places it should be, there is not any added frou-frou stuff. It's just what is needed and no more.

IMO -- I think the pro is better, I'm sure many premium owners feel the premium is the better game. I just would take with a grain of salt all the premium owners if they say the pro is that much lesser than the premium. I think the premium has some flaws, the BG ramp to me was not great, what I'd call the pebble in the shoe. I hear that you can fix it, you can fix the block in Metallica premium to make it play better etc.. but just to me, the pro is just about great. I love it. Given the choice to switch, I wouldn't.

I know the walker bombs are missing on the pro, but I never got used to them, I never got used to the hammer lock on Met LE, so it really doesn't bother me that it is missing on Met pro.

By all means if you like the premium thats fine get one. But I'm just giving my humble opinion that the pro is not bad at all and some people truly prefer the simplicity of it's minimalistic design.

I have *both* Met pro and TWD pro (and I think saved close to $4K give or take that's like giving me Tspp or Avatar pro after the dust settles) so yes I'd miss a few spinners and hammer lock and Walker bomb/drop target here and there but at the same time it's giving me a whole other game or 4/5th of a Lotr.

IMO if you like IM, and don't feel it's stripped down than you'd like TWD pro (and Met pro for that matter) I think TWD pro, and Met pro are probably great values in relation to the premium.

#15 7 years ago

Thanks again Rai but like i said in my first post my mind is set on a Premium/Le
i have acdc Luci and MetLe and so glad i went Le/Prem with them they will never
ever leave !

#16 7 years ago

Walker bombs

#18 7 years ago

.... are overrated

#20 7 years ago

Nuf said!

#21 7 years ago

I bought a NIB Premium recently. No regrets. Very challenging (and drainy) pin, which is my preference. If you enjoy challenging pins such as IM and BSD you'll like TWD...a lot. Since Stern has announced a price increase effective 1/1, you might want to get your order in by the end of the year. Hopefully you don't get bent over too badly for living in Canada.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

.... are overrated

Not even remotely true in my opinion.

There is nothing like cashing in one of those Walker Bombs at just the right time/last second, sometimes saving you from a drain that happens just before you are ready to really get things going with a nice stack, x shot saved up, etc. The number of times that I have yelled out loud (while playing by myself no less) "woo!" because of saving myself from the devastation that would have been a killer drain has convinced me that just the walker bombs alone are reason enough to go with the premium version of this pin. The other stuff is icing on the cake.

Walker bombs play a big role in strategy and make it slightly easier to keep the ball alive in one of the more brutal pins that I've owned.

The pro can certainly be a fun pin on it's own. But it ain't no premium/LE.

#23 7 years ago

I've had both. If I had a choice, I'd go Pro.

Yep - NOT Premium - Pro.

#24 7 years ago

I always thought walker bombs were something Lyman put in the code because the crossbow sucks so fricken bad and thay had to use that button for something.

#25 7 years ago

I also could have bought an LE when I got my pro, the seller had both. I chose a pro because I thought it was a better playing game.

#26 7 years ago

IMG_2925 (resized).JPGIMG_2925 (resized).JPGIMG_2925 (resized).JPGIMG_2925 (resized).JPG

Buy it!!!

#27 7 years ago

Man, those look great together!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-premium-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.