image-103.jpg
image.jpg
image-664.jpg
AP.jpg
IM.jpg
wd-pinball-2.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-299.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The Walking Dead Pinball machine. Design by John Borg.
General Information
Art:Stephen Jensen, Greg Freres, Kevin O'Connor, Steve Martin
Programming: Lyman Sheats Jr., Tanio Klyce, Mike Kyzivat
Dots: Mark Galvez
LE model 500-600 units (pending "gauging" demand)
Game detail and matrix grid will be out 2nd week of Sept.

No Dirty Donny on the artwork. Good.

Quoted from eggbert52:

If you just came back to Earth after being on Mars for five years, you could never tell the difference between the early X-Men, Avengers, Metallica, Star Trek and now Walking Dead threads. They all read the same.
Luckily, me and my bank account wised up somewhere in the middle.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I hear ya, cut and paste art looks so much better.

Yeah, that's what I said.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God that is horrid.

You are being far too nice.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But I have to say, I don't really get the sexy zombie thing. Rotting women with their faces half sloughed on in bikinis don't really turn me on.

Who said anything about it turning us on?

I think it's more of the conflicting emotions of being able to see/imagine what was once clearly a hot chick and quickly realizing "holy shit that has turned nasty". Do I really want to kill that formerly hot chick who is now rotting and wants to eat me alive?

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

This is one of the best things you have ever written. I mean that in a non sarcastic or pandering way. You hit the nail on the head, on a very hard to explain subject.

Thanks.

And yet, you are the only one that gave my post a thumbs up.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My daughter likes the EMs. I asker her why she doesn't play the newer machines and she said she doesn't understand the scoring on them. To bring young people into this hobby maybe it needs to get back to the basics. It may have advanced too far for younger people to understand or have fun with.

There's a lot to that.

Had friends over yesterday for a BBQ. We played a ton of pinball! But 90% of the pinball we played was on my Bow and Arrow and Sure Shot. Why? Because my two non-pinhead friends could understand the rules on these games. How am I going to explain the rules on a pin like AC/DC or Metallica to them?

It comes down to them simply batting the ball around and trying to keep it alive as long as possible without having many specific goals other than to start a multiball, vs having a decent understanding of the rules/goals on the two EMs.

The amount of fun the 3 of us had playing against each other on B&A was ridiculous.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you had fun playing bow and arrow and sure shot then I would like to have some of whatever it is you were smoking or snorting etc. I would need a plethora of high quality drugs to make those game amusing.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I believe it!
Even when I have some of my friends over who are seasoned tourney players, we end up having a ton of fun playing older games like Fast Draw, Joker Poker and Paragon. We really don't feel like having potential marathon games on Spider-Man and LOTR for example.
Of course we can set the modern games up even harder than they are to shorten ball times (outlanes are already maxed etc), but once you get to a point where the game is so bastardized, it begs the question why have it for the purposes of exploring wizard modes. We can play those types of games in tourneys.
Modern, fast games like Iron Man and ACDC also keep us amused, but dollar for dollar the old games are a blast.
The point is, not every pinball outing that is fun needs to be on a 10k pinball machine.

Well said.

I definitely find myself gravitating towards the shorter ball time pins. Friends tell me to make my longer ball time games harder to shorten the ball times. The problem with that is that you probably won't get to see much of what the pin offers. LOTR set up brutal isn't going to give you the chance to see much of the depth that exists.

Short ball time pins with more simple rules/objectives are very addicting, and have much more of that "just one more game" appeal, such as IM. BSD is another great example. And many EM's have this as well.

Quoted from o-din:

With 7830 Bow and Arrows and 3700 Sure Shots produced, apparently some people found them amusing. With or without the drugs.

Imagine that!

Quoted from John_I:

We always end up playing EMs a lot when friends come over - both players and noobs. EMs rule for multiplayer games, while DMDs are good for single player games. No DMD can possibly provide the fun of a 4-player game on Jack in the Box. If we were to start a four player game on STLE or IJ it would take 45 minutes and not just because of the long ball time. "Hey Spencer is having an endless multiball and has two extra balls built up, I'm going to the bathroom and grab a sandwich and beer." You end up waiting on people to get back in the room and people don't even watch each other play. On the EM the 4-player game lasts about 8 minutes and newbies have a chance of beating any one of us because EMs level the playfield (sorry for the pun). The competition is just more fierce and you actually watch the other player without losing interest.
By the way all of my EMs are fast and play great. Nudging and slap saves required often.

Exactly John. EMs are definitely it for multiplayer games! IM isn't bad either because of the short ball times. But the 3 of us played B&A for a good 10 games straight. And like you said, EMs can be the great equalizer. I probably won half the games, with one of the other two guys winning the others.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I like every era of pinballs but em's when set up right, are out and out fun. My kids prefer them to STLE and other more modern games I have had. And for the price of 1 new LE you can get 8 very good em's!!

The last sentence has really hit home for me in the last month.

1 week later
#382 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

He looks more sad than scary.

Are you a fan of the show or genre?

Zombies don't have to look "scary".

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Unfortunately, I think Borg's designs are usually rehashed and boring. His best design in my opinion is x-men and people don't seem to like it.

X-men is a rehash of Tron.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Interesting. I have Tron next to XMEN and they play entirely different.

Correct. They play completely different.

Tron is one of my all time favorites. By contrast, I have never owned a pin that I dislike more than XMen. So even though they have very similar layouts (but reversed), they play nothing alike.

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Any rumor on the number of flippers?

No flippers.

This will be an old school flipperless pin!

My source is solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-pinball-details?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.